What's new

Liu Kang Pressure Flowchart (Specifically for WSL but can be a base for other variations)

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
So while thinking of the optimal way to pressure with Liu Kang, I decided to create this flowchart (im very visual so perhaps this can help others as well)
Or, if you see something that doesnt make sense in your mind, let me know and lets discuss the richness of this character's tools!

I try to apply a lot of this when I play and I sometimes will stream games here:
https://mixer.com/K1NDRED

EDIT: The preview in chrome cuts the bottom part of the pages

Attachments

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
You gotta say you have to make the opponent block to do 12 successfully, otherwise you’ll get Cage’s f3 treatment, which is d2 lol. B4 would make assholes block

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
You gotta say you have to make the opponent block to do 12 successfully, otherwise you’ll get Cage’s f3 treatment, which is d2 lol. B4 would make assholes block
Yea this assumes you manage to get in the position of having a 12 get blocked. Against some characters with a small hitbox, that flowchart gets restricted lool

DragonofDadashov24

Yea this assumes you manage to get in the position of having a 12 get blocked. Against some characters with a small hitbox, that flowchart gets restricted lool
Yeah, Johnny says hi. Man, hit box issues here are even worse than MK9’s. Btw, something that never occurred in earlier months, people now challenge a lot of stuff. I got my f43 interrupted by full combo S1, not d1 check— a full S1 combo. So I’ve tried getting ballsy and cancel f43 into bicycle kick and it works wonders lol. There isn’t a match where it wouldn’t hit lol.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Yeah, Johnny says hi. Man, hit box issues here are even worse than MK9’s. Btw, something that never occurred in earlier months, people now challenge a lot of stuff. I got my f43 interrupted by full combo S1, not d1 check— a full S1 combo. So I’ve tried getting ballsy and cancel f43 into bicycle kick and it works wonders lol. There isn’t a match where it wouldn’t hit lol.
I dont see the hitbox as an issue per say. Like when facing shao kahn, my approach to the pressure will be different than when facing johnny or a female hitbox. Just a different flowchart that will revolve more around the usage of mids. I dont see this variability as a problem basically, just an obstacle to figure out

As for the interrupt, it has to be done sometimes lol
When I have a read on person because I found a certain pattern with their pressure (ex: they often stagger F43 and follow it with a 12), then for sure Im interrupting that with my own 123~bicycle kick.
And sometimes when I know someone is going to press buttons, Ill do what you do and complete the string with my own Bicycle. Of course, if one wants to be as safe as possible without taking a big punishable risk, I would opt for an amp fireball instead of a bicycle kick to make sure I punish them for trying to interrupt while staying safe in case I made a bad read

DragonofDadashov24

I dont see the hitbox as an issue per say. Like when facing shao kahn, my approach to the pressure will be different than when facing johnny or a female hitbox. Just a different flowchart that will revolve more around the usage of mids. I dont see this variability as a problem basically, just an obstacle to figure out

As for the interrupt, it has to be done sometimes lol
When I have a read on person because I found a certain pattern with their pressure (ex: they often stagger F43 and follow it with a 12), then for sure Im interrupting that with my own 123~bicycle kick.
And sometimes when I know someone is going to press buttons, Ill do what you do and complete the string with my own Bicycle. Of course, if one wants to be as safe as possible without taking a big punishable risk, I would opt for an amp fireball instead of a bicycle kick to make sure I punish them for trying to interrupt while staying safe in case I made a bad read
Thankfully there’s breakaway to make the combo “safe” lol

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
What does the Liu community think of the 1,2 nerf ?
It is a high-high that whiffs on 1/4th of the cast and NRS made it -2 from +3.
Was it really THAT obnoxious ?
And what is that b2 change that they adjusted ? I don't get it...

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
What does the Liu community think of the 1,2 nerf ?
It is a high-high that whiffs on 1/4th of the cast and NRS made it -2 from +3.
Was it really THAT obnoxious ?
And what is that b2 change that they adjusted ? I don't get it...
I dunno about the B2
But the 12 is annoying af. He got his main stagger tool nerfed. Then again, hes still very good but its just annoying that he got nerfed and got no breakaway breaker in his 2 main variations

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
@Kindred Plus, his Kusari Slam armor break is bad compared to others. When you have crushing blow armor breaks and restands or pop-ups to continue comboing, Liu gets an armor break in just ONE variation that does 10 or 14 (amp)per cent damage ...

If the 1,2 string was a high-mid ,it would work at -2. lf you're a Liu player you eat an uppercut crushing blow almost in every game with 1,2 being +3 so far, so it's kind of a big deal even though it doesn't seem so.
So for a character with NO REACH ,they take this pressure tool away and not even make it neutral .
And I'm mentioning the reach because after the "teleport" trend in the mk franchise, the new trend is long reaching weapons/accessories that hit mid.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Yup he got fucked because people bitched. Was he really good, sure but by no means unbeatable nor did he have shit that was blantly unfair

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Personally, the nerf overall wont make him bad or anything, since it wasnt working on 1/3 of the cast anyways. But I do not understand the nerf since the string was perfectly balanced. Throw it out carelessly and you get d2-ed and most people disresepcted the plus frames anyways. They shaved of 5 frames which is drastic imo. Personally, I would have made it plus 1. Ali in all, Kang will be fine.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Casuals bitching about f4 and 12. Both got nerfed...
Thy will be done.
I bet I'll still get hate for using Kang, regardless....
I still don't get why his low fireball got nerfed months ago (recovery frames) and what did they adjust to his b2 in this patch....