What's new

Guide - Liu Kang Liu Kang Living Guide Thread

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Definitely this. I will admit though, if FF's buff move had the same startup/recovery as his stance switch in Dualist, it would be top tier.

A Liu can dream, can't he?
He can but each buff has a draw back to it. Cutthroat Kano for instance either loses life or has to ex it, Fisticuffs only does more block damage whilst everyone's buff does hit and block. FF's drawback is that it has long recovery which is necessary for balance imo when your projectiles are doing 10% on hit and nearly 3% on block.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
He also has strings that let him buff safely, and the ones that don't can just be cancelled into Dragon's roar, which also let's him buff safely.

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
Since I'm using Raiden for rushdown, I prefer FF, since I can zone and annoy with air fireballs and Dragon's Roar, plus when used right, the buff can drain around 15%

and then theres the parry

my only gripe is not mid fire, but its ok

For counter poking ive been using b12 fb cx or f21 fb cx alot. Theyre both fast, hits mid and If it hits, you get a full 30- 40% combo from. If its blocked you can continue pressure or bait armour or a poke. The fireball cancel makes it super easy to hitconfirm.

For counter poking ive been using b12 fb cx or f21 fb cx alot. Theyre both fast, hits mid and If it hits, you get a full 30- 40% combo from. If its blocked you can continue pressure or bait armour or a poke. The fireball cancel makes it super easy to hitconfirm.
just got to be careful with b12 fb cancel as they can punish u with normal string since its mega negative so hit confirm deffo a must

1,1,2 xx EX Windmill Punches xx EX Fireball, b+1,2, 1,1,2 xx Windmill Punches xx Low Fireball
[video]
jip f+4,4, xx EX Windmill Punches xx SF, b+1,2, 1,1,2 xx Windmill Punches xx Fireball
[video]