What's new

Liu Kang/Kitana Tribute "Under Different Circumstances" (Valentine's Day Special)

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
I'm sentimental kind of guy, shipper at heart, love video editing about certain thematics and it is February 14th here for me already. I'm fan of my favorite character Liu Kang and all of the aspects of his life. Here is a video dedicated both to Mortal Kombat's iconic romance specially for Valentine's Day.

The main theme and story of this video is that no matter what would it be a movie, cartoon, web series, non canon video game or canon video game, Liu Kang and Kitana will find their way to each other no matter the odds and no matter the version of the universe, because that’s how strong their love connection is. True love transcends time and space.

Keep in mind that I considered different media of Mortal Kombat as sort of a multiverse/elseworld stories like we have in comics books. Let’s say that I decided to take “I hope we meet again under different circumstances” to a higher level of existence, because they indeed have met previously many times and it were different, but led to inevitable love. Their connection is so strong that Liu Kang found his way back to Kitana even after death in a form of a spirit (events of MK Deception, reminds me of Ghost movie).

My inspiration for the video came from everlasting relationship of Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El and Lois Lane whose romance has 75 years of history and no matter the universe they eventually ended up together. If you have read Superman Prime, you would know that even death did not separated them from each other, just like it didn’t with Liu Kang and Kitana both in original and alternative timelines.

As for Mortal Kombat Legacy montage. Unfortunately Liu Kang and Kitana did not met in that series, but during one of the events dedicated to premiere of Season 2, the director and cast of MKL were playing MK9 on stream and answering questions from twitter. I came up with the idea that if Liu Kang is the bad one this time instead of Kitana, could Kitana and their romance become a key to his redemption? I tried to get this question answered, but somebody else asked it and it was answered in a humoristic way, though it gave me hope that they would consider this idea for Season 3 that never happened after all. Still, the idea lives with me and I tried to bring it to life with this video. I hope it came up well and you felt as if like it was actually in the series.

Music track is called Shitsui and it’s from Naruto Shippuden OST. I wanted the video not be too long without me having to cut the music, but I also wanted only instrumental tune without any lyrics that would be powerful and heart touching going alongside with footage. Liu Kang and Kitana’s words about meeting under different circumstances were meant to be the only words in the entire video. I considered this music as well, but I guess it will have to wait maybe for another video (VD 2017?).

I ended the video with a scene from MK movie to keep hope for a happy ending alive.

I hope you enjoyed the video and will have a great day today, even if you still don’t have a significant one by your side, after all there is always a tomorrow. Just be happy for those who are happy today and strive towards your own happiness as well.

Happy Valentine’s Day!

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
If anyone is interested, I've made a couple of videos about Liu Kang and Kitana before. One of them was made a long time ago in Windows Movie Maker, from the ancient times when I only started getting to know art of montage.