What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang Liu Kang Fix Thread o_o

Which out of these would you the community find reasonable to change for Liu at the moment?

• Total voters

Audit

Falls down too much
Where's the "None" option? Another poor, biased poll to try and garner unwarranted buffs. Really wish this community would just spend their energy finding tech instead of crying about their characters.

RM_Gamer

Noob
really what's being asked is to put f21 and b34 back to the way it was, which was neutral on block. f21 was a good way to check if your opponent would let go of block at the end of f213 to get out of his true blockstring. and b34 was his main pressure system to open u up. will he cancel b34 into a special or will he continue pressure? BROKE!! NERF NERF!

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
really what's being asked is to put f21 and b34 back to the way it was, which was neutral on block. f21 was a good way to check if your opponent would let go of block at the end of f213 to get out of his true blockstring. and b34 was his main pressure system to open u up. will he cancel b34 into a special or will he continue pressure? BROKE!! NERF NERF!
unreasonable "Buffs" dood... are u some sorta mad man

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
I can do without the neutral strings cause it hasnt changed how i use them.

But what is more important which i wish this thread was actually about is the whiffing in his strings. Which someone mentioned earlier.

The second hit of 11.
Its supposed to be a mid but yet whiffs on crouch blocking. This can actually be a very useful string if it actually hit mid. I have a meta behind it ive been thinking of but its useless because if this issue.

The second hit F44.
Liu Kang doesnt have a bunch of range and when we connect with a well spaced F44 the second hit should not whiff. When it does whiff the opponent can block the rest of the string.

Second hit of F12.
This is our 6f punisher. It has decent range and again when we land a well spaced F1 the 2 should not whiff. We earned that punish. Lets us have it.

Second hit of F21 whiffs at max range too (which isnt much range) it doesnt cause a real issue but the fact that it whiffs on hit from max range makes no sense FOR ANY STRING and needs to be fixed.

Imo the hits after the first hit should never whiff based on range. If you land a max range string and ends up getting blocked cause one if the following hits whiff, thats just bad design.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
I can do without the neutral strings cause it hasnt changed how i use them.

But what is more important which i wish this thread was actually about is the whiffing in his strings. Which someone mentioned earlier.

The second hit of 11.
Its supposed to be a mid but yet whiffs on crouch blocking. This can actually be a very useful string if it actually hit mid. I have a meta behind it ive been thinking of but its useless because if this issue.

The second hit F44.
Liu Kang doesnt have a bunch of range and when we connect with a well spaced F44 the second hit should not whiff. When it does whiff the opponent can block the rest of the string.

Second hit of F12.
This is our 6f punisher. It has decent range and again when we land a well spaced F1 the 2 should not whiff. We earned that punish. Lets us have it.

Second hit of F21 whiffs at max range too (which isnt much range) it doesnt cause a real issue but the fact that it whiffs on hit from max range makes no sense FOR ANY STRING and needs to be fixed.

Imo the hits after the first hit should never whiff based on range. If you land a max range string and ends up getting blocked cause one if the following hits whiff, thats just bad design.
true also iono if anyone noticed the change in bf2 ex whiffing on a lot of ppl now.. Not just on block either but on hit!
everyone that plays liu ofc knows about the bf2 ex too early bug where u fly over them but, what im talking about is different.. Example : Go pick kitana and put her on crouch block and do a string into bf2 ex.. also if she lets go of block while ur doing it you hit her twice then fly over.. it happens with a bunch of ppl but off the top of my head shes guarantee'd it happens everytime.

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
true also iono if anyone noticed the change in bf2 ex whiffing on a lot of ppl now.. Not just on block either but on hit!
everyone that plays liu ofc knows about the bf2 ex too early bug where u fly over them but, what im talking about is different.. Example : Go pick kitana and put her on crouch block and do a string into bf2 ex.. also if she lets go of block while ur doing it you hit her twice then fly over.. it happens with a bunch of ppl but off the top of my head shes guarantee'd it happens everytime.
Ive noticed that too and although i havent tested on everyine but if you delay the MB (DKxxBK) it tends to not whiff.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Where's the "None" option? Another poor, biased poll to try and garner unwarranted buffs. Really wish this community would just spend their energy finding tech instead of crying about their characters.
Re-read the title... "FIX" thread. Liu Kang legitimately has tools that aren't working as explicitly intended. No point exploring tech if it only works on 2/3rds of the roster (and even that might be a generous exaggeration).

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Ive noticed that too and although i havent tested on everyine but if you delay the MB (DKxxBK) it tends to not whiff.
nah but that's the thing im talkin about lol.. it does wiff.. i'm not talking about messing up the timing and not delaying.. im talking about actually canceling the dragon kick after the hit on block so confirm it into a block string

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
nah but that's the thing im talkin about lol.. it does wiff.. i'm not talking about messing up the timing and not delaying.. im talking about actually canceling the dragon kick after the hit on block so confirm it into a block string
Hmmm. I will test further to see excatly whats going on.

RM_Gamer

Noob
u know what. since neutral strings r too much. lets ask for buffs that r up to nrs standards. b2 should be like kang's f3. there now kang has flip coin like the rest of this "diversified" cast.

I hate 11 wiff on on crouch blocking
I hate mb db2 wiff on 3,4 poking opponents
i hate f44 wiff (second hit)

And they need to do smth with FF and Dualist variations!

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
General fixes/buffs
Fixes
1. Make his 11 string a true mid
2. Fix his Ex bicycle kick glitch where if he Ex's it in the corner on hit it'll sometimes reverse directions and leave open for full punish
Buffs
1. Make his f21 0 on block
2. Make 113 have no gap(luxury buff).
3. Faster d1(luxury Buff)

D̶r̶a̶g̶o̶n̶'̶s̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶e̶ ̶B̶u̶f̶f̶:̶
I̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶u̶g̶h̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶F̶B̶R̶C̶s̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶d̶a̶s̶h̶e̶d̶/̶a̶r̶m̶o̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶S̶c̶o̶r̶p̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶D̶'̶V̶o̶r̶a̶h̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶t̶e̶r̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶+̶2̶0̶ ̶a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶s̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶f̶2̶1̶4̶ ̶F̶B̶R̶C̶ ̶f̶2̶1̶4̶ ̶a̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶e̶ ̶b̶l̶o̶c̶k̶ ̶s̶t̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶g̶r̶e̶a̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶h̶e̶l̶p̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶s̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶u̶x̶u̶r̶y̶ ̶b̶u̶f̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶F̶B̶R̶C̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶b̶3̶3̶,̶ ̶b̶1̶2̶,̶ ̶f̶4̶4̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶u̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶b̶l̶o̶c̶k̶.̶

LMAO AT ME, ONLINE IS ASS AND WILL REMAIN ASS FOREVER

As of right now Liu Kang is truly an incomplete character in terms of design.

Last edited:
I only want buffs to dualist. And that is to make low Fireball +6 on hit
High fireball to have less recovery
The regain health special to change to 1%

For his dark variation I want
MB Orb to come out 2 frames faster.

And to fix this bug where his orbs explode on contact at the wall. This bug eliminates his tool in the corner which defeats 50% of the dualist variation. Which is space control.

And fix the other bug where if he blocks an attack he loses his damage buff please

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
General fixes/buffs
Fixes
1. Make his 11 string a true mid
2. Fix his Ex bicycle kick glitch where if he Ex's it in the corner on hit it'll sometimes reverse directions and leave open for full punish
Buffs
1. Make his f21 0 on block
2. Make 113 have no gap.
3. Faster d1(luxury Buff)

Dragon's fire Buff:
It's laughable how his FBRCs can all be backdashed/armored while characters like Scorpion and D'Vorah are literally +20 after theirs. I would say make f214 FBRC f214 a true block string and that would greatly help with his pressure game and for a luxury buff they make his other FBRCs like b33, b12, f44 more plus on block.

F213xxFB RC is a true block string. I estimate its like plus 17-18.

STRYKIE

Make 113 have no gap.
Unnecessary, if you think they're going to press buttons, cash in with 112 instead.

Dragon's fire Buff:
It's laughable how his FBRCs can all be backdashed/armored while characters like Scorpion and D'Vorah are literally +20 after theirs. I would say make f214 FBRC f214 a true block string and that would greatly help with his pressure game and for a luxury buff they make his other FBRCs like b33, b12, f44 more plus on block.

Not sure if serious....

Either you haven't been doing enough homework or your execution is dildos. Or both.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Unnecessary, if you think they're going to press buttons, cash in with 112 instead.

Not sure if serious....

Either you haven't been doing enough homework or your execution is dildos. Or both.
Ah fuk bye.

IDK, I fuking swear that I do them correctly(minimum stamina usage) but I still get armored through them.

Also I meant to put 113 having no gap as luxury buff.

STRYKIE

Ah fuk bye.

IDK, I fuking swear that I do them correctly(minimum stamina usage) but I still get armored through them.

Also I meant to put 113 having no gap as luxury buff.
Maybe that's part of the problem, are you absolutely certain that you're not dash cancelling instead of run cancelling? Lol.

F213 FB dash cancel without running is still plus on block mind you, but not enough so for a true blockstring. But even then, B12 and F44 follow-ups are pretty good at breaking through armor.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Maybe that's part of the problem, are you absolutely certain that you're not dash cancelling instead of run cancelling? Lol.

F213 FB dash cancel without running is still plus on block mind you, but not enough so for a true blockstring. But even then, B12 and F44 follow-ups are pretty good at breaking through armor.
Just edited original post, online is buttcheeks.

And @AK Smarrgasm , Stop pressing buttons you flaming phaggot.

Manticore

You will incubate my young!
His d3 should leave him at negative frames, that's all I ask. People haven't yet realized Lui Kang is the most broken character in the game

Last edited: