What's new

General/Other - Dualist Liu Kang: Dualist General Discussion

How plus is f214 stance change Cuz I'm constantly getting poked out of it raw strings out of it raw cassie flip kick out of it I never get a follow up after f213 stance change

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Dualist is weaker than FF, but not by a large margin.
I've been debating learning how to play Dualist for some time. I suck at FBRC and I cannot do the 1-frame link for FF consistently enough. Dualist seems a bit more approachable and more conditioning/mind game heavy from what I've been able to watch.

I've been debating learning how to play Dualist for some time. I suck at FBRC and I cannot do the 1-frame link for FF consistently enough. Dualist seems a bit more approachable and more conditioning/mind game heavy from what I've been able to watch.
In terms of execution, yes dualist may be the easier of the two. But he's one of the hardest variations to play in the game. Top 6 hardest characters to play. I'll try to explain more on the character later in a video.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
In terms of execution, yes dualist may be the easier of the two. But he's one of the hardest variations to play in the game. Top 6 hardest characters to play. I'll try to explain more on the character later in a video.
I'd appreciate that. You're Dualist matches look great though its never easy to follow

HanSolo

Noob
Hi. I got rekt extremely hard today by a competent dualist. He was definitely better than me and I have 0 matchup experience on this so it was rough. The pressure was insane, especially in the corner. are there gaps to armor, and what are they? when should I poke out. I was playing bs shinnok so I was amazed that I was struggling to get punishes even with the 7f low. Any advice on how to approach this matchup much appreciated. =)

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
Hi. I got rekt extremely hard today by a competent dualist. He was definitely better than me and I have 0 matchup experience on this so it was rough. The pressure was insane, especially in the corner. are there gaps to armor, and what are they? when should I poke out. I was playing bs shinnok so I was amazed that I was struggling to get punishes even with the 7f low. Any advice on how to approach this matchup much appreciated. =)
https://testyourmight.com/threads/dealing-with-dualist-liu-kang.56600/

R_H_B

Noob

Probably the best explanation of the dualist corner meta
I dunno if everyone is aware of this but I was just messing around and discovered this. It seems very situational but its something I haven't seen anybody display yet. Cheers!

Last edited: