What's new

Liu Kang Discussion Thread

jokey77

Character Loyalist
How come the Liu Kang subforum doesnt have a combo thread?
Im trying to pick him up but I cant find any of his highest damage BnBs and combos for each situation.

For example, I do F43~BF4 as a midscreen meterless punish but I dont know if something better exists
I know of F3333, F2, 12, 123, BF3 thats also pretty good midscreen meterless

In the corner, both KB from the D2 and from F43U3 are continued with F2, 12, 123, BF3
But I dont know what else to do. Does he have an AA combo? What's his best combo for his fastests starting string?
You might want to try these:

Midscreen
f3333 212 f43-bf4
d2/parry f2 212 f43-bf4 (online I stick with f2 12 123-bf4 though)

Corner
kb 34 123-bf4

Last edited:

RAYBAANN

Noob
So can anyone tell me what are his best strings to stance cancel off of. I heard on stream that f3+SSC jails or is a true block string and I saw that b124 + SSC is also the best string is there anymore casue the 8 frame gap on f43u3 is starting to really weigh on me.
That depends on the situation, I ussualy do B3, F4, even F4 on his first hit, vary is the best way to use it. But his best strings to stance cancel, in therms of safety, are:
123 + SSC = -18 on block, and big pushback
3 + SSC = -15 on block
B2 + SSC = -15 on block
F3333 + SSC (between third and fourth hit) = -13 on block
B124 + SSC (between second and third hit) = -12 on block, and a little pushback

Hiryu02

Noob
Is there a timing trick to being able to land the 212 after f3333, f2?
I feel like the f2 has to land late to give enough time to dash up for the 212. Not to mention the 212 likes to go 2121 and end the combo easy if you breathe on it wrong.

RAYBAANN

Noob
Is there a timing trick to being able to land the 212 after f3333, f2?
I feel like the f2 has to land late to give enough time to dash up for the 212. Not to mention the 212 likes to go 2121 and end the combo easy if you breathe on it wrong.
After F2 (no matter the moment it hits the opponent) inmediately do a COMPLETE dash into 212, don't cancel it so fast, wait for the dash to finish. Hope it helps...

Saturn_

Noob
I keep trying to pretend that Shaolin Stance is better than it is. I'm not sure that move should ever be used for almost any reason. Good players will blow it up 9/10 if you try to cancel and will just fuzzy guard and punish if you swing. Doing a SSC and ducking away or taking an extra turn is fun but in the back of your mind you know it's because the opponent is not that great, cause you just swung after -12.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Shaolin Stance is just another mixup tool. Kind of weak, but the same could be said for all the cancels in the game so far. Just can't be too predictable with it.

Frenzy

Noob
Not sure if anyone else is aware of this, but Erron Black can low profile Liu Kang’s low fireball while he’s prone in his rifle stance.

RAYBAANN

Noob
These are the Luohan Quan's max damage BNBs, without Krushing Blow, Fatal Blow or Parry. Enjoy!
  • Midscreen (346.59): JIP + F2 ~ Dash + 34 ~ 212 ~ Dash + 12 + BF4 (EX X2)
  • Corner (426.80): JIK + EX DB1 ~ 212 ~ 123 + EX BF3

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
Do his EX low fireball corner combos whiff on female characters? Wont be able to test it till later

Wrath0594

Steam profile: 76561198102032134
Been playin a lot of Liu Kang lately, and god damn his f4 stagger options are much stronger than I thought. Even just f43 into block. If they have a fast d3 or they d1 the gap, if you block they’re negative and they’re stuck in the same scenario where you’re free to f4 again since it’s 9 frames.

Was worried this character would be kinda brainless because of the Liu Kang’s I fight online, but he’s the real deal. And I feel like a super underrated marker of character strength is walk and dash speeds. Idk if any of you guys have tried Kabal, but he feels awful when you’re coming from playing Johnny/Liu. Wish they gave us numbers on movespeed so we could make objective comparisons..

Oh, and if any of yall are prepared to be amazed by my ability to consistently low block a projectile that is in fact a mid, here ya go (my brain cannot comprehend that it's mid)

Last edited:

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
So, played Kano yesterday and kept eating d2 for one reason: 12 WHIFFS ON CROUCH BLOCK. They need to fix it otherwise Liu loses the only reliable plus frame string he has.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
So, played Kano yesterday and kept eating d2 for one reason: 12 WHIFFS ON CROUCH BLOCK. They need to fix it otherwise Liu loses the only reliable plus frame string he has.
The game is plagued with hit box issues all around this is something that I hope gets fixed in a big patch. Buff lower end characters , leave the tops alone and fix your hit boxes and input issues.

Why are we the only character without a dedicated combo thread? I mean I know we only have two combo strings and AMP low fireball in the corner. But I haven't had time to lab shit myself and was hoping someone by now would have compiled a list.

Hell, maybe I'll do it whenever I get the time.