What's new

Liu Kang Discussion Thread

D

Deleted member 35141

Different.

3 moves: a low, a mid and a cancel
Well damn I get hyped for a nunchuck stance and it's not even available in ranked, might be playing player matches more than I want to. Sorry to ask another question is there any footage of it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wrubez

The Flow Instructor
From what I’ve seen in early footage - Shaolin Stance needs some serious tweaking. The cancel costs a bar and isn’t viable for pressure or combo extension. And the two attacks from the stance are not really true mix ups. Yes one attack is a low but the other can be easily fuzzied since it’s a mid to OH. Don’t think it was meant to be this way. I think it was meant to be more like misery blade or Erron’s gun stance.

I hope that they either make it like Kabal’s Dash cancels that cost a bar but is a nice pressure tool or like Erron Black’s gun stance that you can cancel for free and fast. If I’m not mistaken, you can even extend combos with Erron’s cancels on certain strings. Could be wrong but swore I saw Sonic do it on stream today.

Regardless, SS is a useless tool presently that I’m sure will be tweaked. Would love for combo extension potential above all being that Liu doesn’t have a amplify launcher mid screen and, well, I miss being able to add variety with the good ol’ FBRC in MKX. SS should mimic that just not as broken lol

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
From what I’ve seen in early footage - Shaolin Stance needs some serious tweaking. The cancel costs a bar and isn’t viable for pressure or combo extension. And the two attacks from the stance are not really true mix ups. Yes one attack is a low but the other can be easily fuzzied since it’s a mid to OH. Don’t think it was meant to be this way. I think it was meant to be more like misery blade or Erron’s gun stance.

I hope that they either make it like Kabal’s Dash cancels that cost a bar but is a nice pressure tool or like Erron Black’s gun stance that you can cancel for free and fast. If I’m not mistaken, you can even extend combos with Erron’s cancels on certain strings. Could be wrong but swore I saw Sonic do it on stream today.

Regardless, SS is a useless tool presently that I’m sure will be tweaked. Would love for combo extension potential above all being that Liu doesn’t have a amplify launcher mid screen and, well, I miss being able to add variety with the good ol’ FBRC in MKX. SS should mimic that just not as broken lol
His parry though, it lasts about a second or two. Very good. I’m so glad they changed bycicle into bf4 now.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter

Start at 6:50
Stance does get people off guard, but yeah, it could be better

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
This Liu Kang is going to definitely take some getting used to (As always with a new game), but his buttons feel so nice! Definitely enjoying his animations. The main thing that's taking me some getting used to is the range on his bicycle kick...It's definitely not like the previous games.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I love his F2 lol, leads to some smaller combos just enough to get them far for him to zone. Ironically I am loving Raiden and LK so far the most. Can't wait to unlock his fire/lightning God skin lol

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
Ok Ive started trying to learn combos with hims and some of his strings really hard to execute consistently like 2,1,2, as well as b1,2,4. any advice on gettign them to come out? Cause even when I dial a combo and input it fast so that its like the game is catching up to my inputs the moves still come out inconsistently.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Ok Ive started trying to learn combos with hims and some of his strings really hard to execute consistently like 2,1,2, as well as b1,2,4. any advice on gettign them to come out? Cause even when I dial a combo and input it fast so that its like the game is catching up to my inputs the moves still come out inconsistently.
Yeah they are a bit tricky. You just have to dial it in really fast. Think Kung Lao 112124 string in mkx.