What's new

Liu Kang Discussion Thread

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Are you sure that b2 and f2 aren’t mixed up? Seems weird that b2 launches but only has 5 hit adv.
I thought the same. I quadruple checked though.
They must have changed the input of the launcher to F2.

(make sure to look on the bottom where it says that Liu Kang is FACING LEFT)
even if you go to specials, you'll see that he is 100% standing on the right side of the screen.

Frenzy

Noob
I thought the same. I quadruple checked though.
They must have changed the input of the launcher to F2.

(make sure to look on the bottom where it says that Liu Kang is FACING LEFT)
even if you go to specials, you'll see that he is 100% standing on the right side of the screen.

I see. Thanks. It would be nice if the guy who posted that could tell us if they changed the input or not.

f2 is the launcher.

I’ve been playing around with LK, I haven’t followed the game much, but is combo potential very limiting? Not finding much tbh

BS3OOO

Noob
If you all have some basic combos, that’ll be appreciated! The gamestop I’m picking my game up from are hosting a tournament, I want to have some stuff in mind already.

What is insane about his frame data and his damage from the Parry KB, is that you can get a KB by parrying the Flawless block reversal u2/u3, And he has plus on block strings with gaps in them.
Like “come on and try to Flawless block punish my gaps bro....oh! Got you with my parry KB that’s over 50% of you lifebar bro.”
So you will be instead eating pressure all day)

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
What is insane about his frame data and his damage from the Parry KB, is that you can get a KB by parrying the Flawless block reversal u2/u3, And he has plus on block strings with gaps in them.
Like “come on and try to Flawless block punish my gaps bro....oh! Got you with my parry KB that’s over 50% of you lifebar bro.”
So you will be instead eating pressure all day)
Can he perform the parry when someone perfect blocks though?
I don’t see that great frame data btw, is it because I’m a scrub? There are 2 plus strings probably with an awful range. The rest are minus on block even though safe.

Parasurama

Dragon
Can he perform the parry when someone perfect blocks though?
I don’t see that great frame data btw, is it because I’m a scrub? There are 2 plus strings probably with an awful range. The rest are minus on block even though safe.
He means after they flawless block they will u2/3 and then LK will parry the move.

I get it, but can he? U2/3 are instant and I think you can’t cancel moves out of perfect block
Ты играл в бэту? Там у Скарлет дыра например в f43 делаешь f43xxParry, если читаешь что оппонент будет делать Flawless block на хит после дыры в лончер u2 , это все ударяет в parry прям. Скарлет не может пэрить u3, а Liu по ходу может и получает krushing blow с этого и 50%+ дамаг

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Ты играл в бэту? Там у Скарлет дыра например в f43 делаешь f43xxParry, если читаешь что оппонент будет делать Flawless block на хит после дыры в лончер u2 , это все ударяет в parry прям. Скарлет не может пэрить u3, а Liu по ходу может и получает krushing blow с этого и 50%+ дамаг
Момент с паррированием я понял, я был не в курсе, что в перфект блок можно отменять приемы. В бэту не играл

D

Deleted member 35141

I don't know if it's been answered already but is his nunchuck stance in his ranked variations? Im excited to play the shitton out of Liu and Johnny the classics never get old.

Момент с паррированием я понял, я был не в курсе, что в перфект блок можно отменять приемы. В бэту не играл
Можно ))и Liu с своего пэри может заставит всех терпеть +3 и +4 в страхе пол health бара потерять)

D

Deleted member 35141

2 variations. One has: PARRY, SHAOLIN STANCE and LOW FIREBALL.
The other one has: DAMAGE BOOST, TELEPORT and ANTI-PROJECTILE
Is the Shaolin stance the one with the nunchucks or something completely different?