What's new

Liu Kang Discussion Thread

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Played some MKX yesterday, Tom Choi was Liu Kang man, im going to miss his voice. I just wish NRS gave us an explanation why they switched VO's, cuz right now it seems to me it got too expensive to keep them cuz of Ronda Rousey. I did like the german voice actor for Liu Kang tho, so I might switch it to the german dub for MK11.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Played some MKX yesterday, Tom Choi was Liu Kang man, im going to miss his voice. I just wish NRS gave us an explanation why they switched VO's, cuz right now it seems to me it got too expensive to keep them cuz of Ronda Rousey. I did like the german voice actor for Liu Kang tho, so I might switch it to the german dub for MK11.
I don’t know man, liked him in Dc and 9, but definitely didn’t like him in X. Maybe because of LK’s shitty attitude. I dig new LK though. At least we got Raiden and Sub-Zero

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Not sure if anyone mentioned it but it looks like Liu Kangs B2(Overhead pop-up) was changed to a high.
TrulyAmiracle leaker posted a frame data video on Liu in his thread.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Yeah, check @TrulyAmiracle thread. Kangs frame data looks hella good, he's got two 9f mids and a couple plus frames as well as safe enders for blockstrings.
His Shaolin stance is 1f startup and 1f cancel.
I have a feeling he has some plus frames after Shaolin cancels.
The B2 pop-up is a high now but still good with his plus frames and low starter. I think he's gonna be good even if he doesn't have 50/50s.
The numbchuck stance thing looks like it's now Mid/Low and projectile absorb if I'm remembering correctly. So maybe not easy 50/50s but there are plenty other ways to open up others especially with the Shaolin cancels and +normals.

His Shaolin stance is 1f startup and 1f cancel.
I have a feeling he has some plus frames after Shaolin cancels.
The B2 pop-up is a high now but still good with his plus frames and low starter. I think he's gonna be good even if he doesn't have 50/50s.
The numbchuck stance thing looks like it's now Mid/Low and projectile absorb if I'm remembering correctly. So maybe not easy 50/50s but there are plenty other ways to open up others especially with the Shaolin cancels and +normals.
Nerfing him already lol. Do we now know what Shaolin Stance does? And i believe projectile absorb has been separated from nunchaku stance. the projectile absorb is in one of his variations and the nunchaku stance isn't.

asmith

Noob
So does Liu Kang have any overhead now? Wouldn't it be better to change his B2 into a simple one-hit knockdown just like MKX?

B2 is a 17 frame high now, can't be canceled into anything and is -13 on block. Do you see any use for this move? Seems like they removed the overhead but didn't adjust the frame data for a high move.

Last edited:
So does Liu Kang have any overhead now? Wouldn't it be better to change his B2 into a simple one-hit knockdown just like MKX?

B2 is a 17 frame high now, can't be canceled into anything and is -13 on block. Do you see any use for this move? Seems like they removed the overhead but didn't adjust the frame data for a high move.
A high? I thought they changed it into a mid. Are you sure about this?

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
So amplified fireball can be comboed, great news.
No overheads beside the teleport, one plus frame mid string and one high string. And b2 can be followed by a low.
Don’t know what to do with it but he looks very balanced.