What's new

Liu Kang Discussion Thread

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
In my restless dreams I see that character. Liu Kang.
You promised you’d make him good again someday.
But you never did.
Well, I’m still waiting.
In our “special training mode”
Waiting for you to release the game.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Can't wait to see his intro dialogues.
Not to mention what happens to both his good guy and revenant forms in the MK11 story.
I really expect to see him involved in some action cutscenes with old school kung fu things going on.

What are you guys gonna be using? Im thinking to equip low fireball and the command grab, gonna have a great mix of zoning and offense to destroy any fool in my way! Into oblivion with them!
From what they've shown, his teleport, buff and parry.

Can anyone recall if the parry was base?

Also, historically i was never a big Liu fan, that changed in X when i mained him because he was so fun to play.

His design and character look fantastic in 11, and i don't know if its bias but he just looks so much better than the rest of the cast. It must be the speed. Like, gameplay wise no other character comes close aside from Jacqcui and Kung Lao.

Does anyone not like that a good few of his strings usethe nunchucks ? I would prefer all his base strings be H2H but through variations they can give him nunchuck strings kinda like Scorpions death spear combo. Also don't like how the throw uses them

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I never got around to posting here, but he's actually one of the characters that has me interested the most. I can't wait to try him. He looks sick as fuck!

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Also, historically i was never a big Liu fan, that changed in X when i mained him because he was so fun to play.

His design and character look fantastic in 11, and i don't know if its bias but he just looks so much better than the rest of the cast. It must be the speed. Like, gameplay wise no other character comes close aside from Jacqcui and Kung Lao.
Oh its not bias, visually he exceeds. The color pallete, the height of his model, the animation stance, the leeewdness. There aren't many in the cast that shine that way as he does. There's like 5 characters in the game that do that, but less. There is Kotal that looks stunning, im expecting Shao Kahn to do the same when we see his gameplay, Johnny Cage's 80s skin and Scorpion with the golden armor plates, Sub looks good too might I add, Jacqui's Kronika's skin is a delight to look at aswell. Compare all these with the like of Kabal,Cassie, etc who look brownish,greyish.

Yeah, you're right. I also think Kitana is going to look very impressive, the royal blue on her past alt is very visually pleasing. Her animations/fighting style will also probably look very slick too like Liu and Lao.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I just want LK to be his old self again, not undead asshole of Netherrealm lol. Gameplay wise he looks intriguing this time around, the teleport has me very interested.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Yeah, you're right. I also think Kitana is going to look very impressive, the royal blue on her past alt is very visually pleasing. Her animations/fighting style will also probably look very slick too like Liu and Lao.
The model already looks great,just gotta see her animations, hopefully she isnt MKX dumpster dire in terms of animations. She was a disaster in that game.

asmith

Noob
In MKX, I called him the "whiff master". Because so many of his mid and high moves simply didn't connect even though the opponent was holding block. For example his F444 which was low-mid, mid, mid turned into low-whiff, whiff, whiff => getting full punished. (specially against scorpion)
Another disastrous whiff: his 11 string. The second punch was originally designed to be mid. After the latest patch they changed it into high but again for so many characters, both 11 punches whiffed no matter if the opponent hold block or not.

I really hope this time his moves simply just connect.

Last edited:
In MKX, I called him the "whiff master". Because so many of his mid and high moves simply didn't connect even though the opponent was holding block. For example his F444 which was low-mid, mid, mid turned into low-whiff, whiff, whiff => getting full punished. (specially against scorpion)
Another disastrous whiff: his 11 string. The second punch was originally designed to be mid. After the latest patch they changed it into high but again for so many characters, both 11 punches whiffed no matter if the opponent hold block or not.

The whiff master LMAO. I never played him in MKX but i was thinking about picking him up in MK11. But now you got me worried

I agree. I always found Liu Kang out of step with the spirit of this game.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Shaolin Monks rejoice!

Let's be real: Liu Kang looks amazing.

Honestly I was a bit underwhelmed after his MKX appearance and gameplay. But now I'm very interested.

Thoughts?
What are you most excited about Liu Kang?
Bicycle Kick and Nun-chucks are all I am using, Lmao!