What's new

Liu Kang Discussion Thread

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
FUCKING RIGHT HE IS!
I’d start the thread myself but I didn’t know how to.
Loved everything about him!
MKX Liu Kang was shit for me.
Bitch ass grey hair, his best variation had the worst appearance (tattoo all over the face, seriously?) and it was the reason I didn’t play him.
His arrogance was the worst. Dualist waas a miss. Flame fist was the best for me although he had bad match ups.
Absolutely love his design, I hope he isn’t as arrogant though.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Liu Kang looks amazing. Dont really care about the revenant thing and NRS knows we prefer him living. He looks so clean in that classic skin. His stance is just an amazing throwback to his Mk1 stance,but with more flare, the idle animation even has quite a lot of going on even. Its perfection.I loved MKX Liu Kang, his older look with the long flowing hair specially, he looked badass, Kang can't look bad IMO, all of his apperances made him look special, evem the MK9 with the awesome mullet! You try to rock the mullet and try to look badass!

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
We got them flashy combos, as I predicted months ago, alongside Kung Lao. We have damage!!! Just need to see how safe/ unsafe he really is. Hoping to have some frametraps in there, walk speed looks fast, so we gonna guard tripping,shimming all day long. We also got some mixups, meterless launchers ( b2 overhead), really good zoning and counter zoning capabilities. Our boy looks fanatastic.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Liu looks impressive indeed ..... will be fun to see what NinjaKilla gonna do with his gameplay this time ! :D

I mained him in X, and looks like I'm going to do the same in 11.

He just looks so fast and his pressure looks crazy. They've improved up it with the various stances too, even if i probably won't use those.

I mean compare his kits to Johnny's. He has far more tools and just looks far more fun to play as. Johnny doesn't even have an overhead and Liu has TWO meterless launches!

Last edited:
Also the damage from that Parry, into krushing blow into a full combo was BROKEN lol, they're gonna have to nerf that for sure.

Really liked what i saw. A rushdown character with great zoning tools. He seems the most complete character revealed so far. Is there anything he can't do? He is definitely on my radar now.

ToxiCrow

Noob
I remember liking him a lot in MKX until I heard his dialog with Kung Jin. Couldn't play him after that so hopefully his human form isn't a cunt this time.

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
Also the damage from that Parry, into krushing blow into a full combo was BROKEN lol, they're gonna have to nerf that for sure.
I mean, yeah that damage is high but I don't get why they need to nerf it. You can do it only once per match and parrying a wake up doesn't seem that easy to do. Especially if you try a couple of times the person is going to know you're going for it and adjust accordingly.

I mean, yeah that damage is high but I don't get why they need to nerf it. You can do it only once per match and parrying a wake up doesn't seem that easy to do. Especially if you try a couple of times the person is going to know you're going for it and adjust accordingly.
I agree. But people on Gamefaqs/Twitter are already calling for him to be nerfed, and NRS usually cave to the pressure.