What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang Liu Kang D2 needs fix

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
This happens with alot of D2's, they have a forward+ diagonal hitbox. Sonya's does too. In these cases, anti-air with a standing 1. Jumps like this are actually uniquely vulnerable to being AA'd by standing 1's.
I just went into to the lab and tested every character sonya's D2 whiffs less because of the angle like you said but liu's is worse

I just went into to the lab and tested every character sonya's D2 whiffs less because of the angle like you said but liu's is worse
I don't have any doubts your D2 will whiff. I'm just saying, in the cases where it does whiff because your opponents jump is SUPER shallow, you are better off AA-ing with a standing 1 anyway (or whatever your fastest high front punch is).

Here's an example (wait for processing). I probably would have whiffed in this case had I tried to AA her with a D2. Unfortunately I missed my standard conversion juggle, but you get the idea- you can actually get even more damage off these normally (even just following up with a d2 to end the juggle)

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
I don't have any doubts your D2 will whiff. I'm just saying, in the cases where it does whiff because your opponents jump is SUPER shallow, you are better off AA-ing with a standing 1 anyway (or whatever your fastest high front punch is).

Here's an example (wait for processing). I probably would have whiffed in this case had I tried to AA her with a D2. Unfortunately I missed my standard conversion juggle, but you get the idea- you can actually get even more damage off these normally (even just following up with a d2 to end the juggle)
I know what your talking but in my cast standing 1 is inconsistent for me

AssassiN

Noob

Can't see it yet, but Liu's 1 is only a reliable AA when really up-close. His 1 and F1 do a good job of AA'ing cross-ups, but it isn't something I haven't been able to do in online matches. When it comes to AA'ing advancing jumps, his D2 works well against some characters but it can get beat out easily by certain characters. Liu's B4 is more reliable and even beats out a lot of the jump kicks, some of the late jump kicks will beat it out but no-one will be able to convert of it. While Liu gets an untechable knockdown and his B4 goes really far. My main tactic against jumps is space them out and tripguard with B2/F3/low fireball.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Can't see it yet, but Liu's 1 is only a reliable AA when really up-close. His 1 and F1 do a good job of AA'ing cross-ups, but it isn't something I haven't been able to do in online matches. When it comes to AA'ing advancing jumps, his D2 works well against some characters but it can get beat out easily by certain characters. Liu's B4 is more reliable and even beats out a lot of the jump kicks, some of the late jump kicks will beat it out but no-one will be able to convert of it. While Liu gets an untechable knockdown and his B4 goes really far. My main tactic against jumps is space them out and tripguard with B2/F3/low fireball.
so whats lius reliable AA? d2?

ZOOM

Noob
Jump kicks to beat AA.
And, Its the spacing, the D2 will not hit you if you do it a bit late. from any distance, with the same timing, the d2 will not whiff. If they are THAT close, you have no reason to D2 in that situation. sometimes, a simple Standing 1, or NJP is MUCH better. up close, s1, njp. Jump distance. D2, a bit further back, U4.
Why do I say NJP?

Becuase that D2 will get completely get screwed over by cross overs, so S1, D1, or njp, start getting into the habbit. @WITNESS