What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang Liu Kang D2 needs fix

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
Hey guys don't know if any of you guys knew this already but liu's D2 whiffs on close jump ins.
It is very annoying and has cost me to lose alot of matches included ones in tournament.
Here is a video.

Last edited:

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Also the reason it feels like it's whiffing in the video is because you're doing it on the wall. If you do that with the same timing at the same distance midscreen, you'll see how Scorpion is way behind you when you're hitting the D2.

Because of the wall Scorpion lands on top of you but he's actually behind you, which is evident because the teleport comes from the front.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Hey guys don't know if any of you guys knew this already but liu's D2 whiffs on close jump ins.
It is very annoying and has cost me to lose alot of matches included ones in tournament.
Here is a video.
You're doing it too late. You're just not proficient with d2's. It's you and not the game.

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
Also the reason it feels like it's whiffing in the video is because you're doing it on the wall. If you do that with the same timing at the same distance midscreen, you'll see how Scorpion is way behind you when you're hitting the D2.

Because of the wall Scorpion lands on top of you but he's actually behind you, which is evident because the teleport comes from the front.
No this can happen midscreen also going upload other video to show you

This happens with alot of D2's, they have a forward+ diagonal hitbox. Sonya's does too. In these cases, anti-air with a standing 1. Jumps like this are actually uniquely vulnerable to being AA'd by standing 1's.

I'll add that standing 1 is also a great way to deal with cross-over jumps when the opponent does a forward jump right in front of you. D2's whiff often in these cases because of their forward+diagonal hitboxes. But standing 1 will beat that every time, since the opponent auto-corrects late in this game.