What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang Liu Kang Changes for MKXL

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I've grown to love the downplaying in Liu Kang forums, it's like when I want a certainty in the unknown web, I know where to go.

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
Naw he has his beta nerfs. F213 should be +9, +10 now according to reo. Its much harder to get to completely jail. Kinda funny that he spends a bar to be 0, has weaker pressure and still has bad pokes, yet a list cage is still jailing from 6 different strings and can still whiff cancel f3. Ah well
What did they do to his cancels? What strings has less advantage?

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
Wow that's some fucking cheese. We have to be frame perfect every time just to do blockstrings, and he has no way to continue pressure thanks to Flying Kick MB nerfs.

My mind is hurting on how they left Cage and D'Vorah the same, no they actually got buffs, and Liu Kang got normalized.
Actually Liu Kang got some buffs... Liu Kang changes that I noticed at this moment:

- B4 has more pushback and now it is -9 on block (it was -13) [buff]
- D2 has a little bit better hitbox [buff]
- Dragon's Roar and Dragon's Wrawth has a little bit better hitbox [buff]
- (Dragon's Fire) - Dragon Kick MB is 0 on block (it was +2) [nerf]
- (Dualist) - Yin damage boost does not dissapear on hit [buff]
- (Dualist) - Orbs has a little bit better hitbox [buff]

5 buffs and 1 nerf

@SylverRye and @cR Xarakamaka said that his cancels are different... I'll test them later. And in Dualist his healing still is a shit and I think that the orbs still explodes on walls :(

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Wow that's some fucking cheese. We have to be frame perfect every time just to do blockstrings, and he has no way to continue pressure thanks to Flying Kick MB nerfs.

My mind is hurting on how they left Cage and D'Vorah the same, no they actually got buffs, and Liu Kang got normalized.
With nrs, people who complain the loudest are heard. Nobody was as vocal about cage and dvorah as they were about kang. Hence him getting slammed and them actually getting BUFFS and very minor nerfs

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Dragon's Roar still can be low profiled by JC,Scorpion-like d4's, but can be punished still if you delay the reversal which won't work every time. The second hit of F44 still whiffs on sweep distance. FF's ex fireball still whiffs on crounching opponents. And he got a stealth nerf on his s1,1 strings, the secong hit is a HIGH now. Instead of fixing it, they decided to troll us and made 4 of his string worse than before. Imagine doing the 113 string which is high, high, overhead, let that sink in for a moment... This is infuriating.

Last edited: