What's new

Liu Kang balance/change wishlist

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Not that I think he absolutely needs changes to be made because I find him to be pretty solid so far, but for argument sake, I want to see just 1 thing. His stance cancel be a safe way to continue the pressure. Like let him get poked if he commits to overhead or to the low but the cancel should make him recover faster.

Then again, i dont know if that would be too big of a buff but id like to see it

Not that I think he absolutely needs changes to be made because I find him to be pretty solid so far, but for argument sake, I want to see just 1 thing. His stance cancel be a safe way to continue the pressure. Like let him get poked if he commits to overhead or to the low but the cancel should make him recover faster.

Then again, i dont know if that would be too big of a buff but id like to see it
You are right it would make a big change . But as of now his cancel is useless because he spends 1 def bar to do it and it has a ton of recovery too

He's solid but sometimes he feels really limited against certain opponents . His overhead and low options can be poked through by most of the cast anyway

Frenzy

Noob
Been hearing a lot about that but have yet to encounter it . Can you give me examples ?
F43 whiffs and I’m pretty sure the oppponent can manually make it whiff. 2121 whiffs against Johnny and probably females. B124 whiffs against Johnny and probably females. B34 whiffs against certain crouch blocking characters. 12 whiffs against crouch blocking females. F3333 sometimes whiffs after the first two hits have connected against a blocking opponent.

F43 whiffs and I’m pretty sure the oppponent can manually make it whiff. 2121 whiffs against Johnny and probably females. B124 whiffs against Johnny and probably females. B34 whiffs against certain crouch blocking characters. 12 whiffs against crouch blocking females. F3333 sometimes whiffs after the first two hits have connected against a blocking opponent.
Oh god that's really bad especially with 12 and f43

Any thoughts on dragon kick kb requirements ? I think they should make it come out after 2 punishes on any range . Right now Instant air fireball is really iffy and unreliable to come out and characters with straight line travelling projectiles make it really hard to hit them with dragon kick at max range . Plus it encourages bad plays with it being -20 on block

RM_Gamer

Noob
I think f4 needs to be completely safe, +1 on block, and pushback. Kang has the disadvantage when using this string because you can d3 out of it and use fb. You can use ex low fireball to punish fb but that can be punished on a read.

Frenzy

Noob
I think f4 needs to be completely safe, +1 on block, and pushback. Kang has the disadvantage when using this string because you can d3 out of it and use fb. You can use ex low fireball to punish fb but that can be punished on a read.
It shouldn’t be plus. I’ll admit that I’ve thought it being -6 instead of -7 would be nice but that is a QoL buff. If someone does d3, (and isn’t Erron Black since his d3 is -2 for some reason) then you just need to read the poke, block it, and it’s your turn again.

RM_Gamer

Noob
It shouldn’t be plus. I’ll admit that I’ve thought it being -6 instead of -7 would be nice but that is a QoL buff. If someone does d3, (and isn’t Erron Black since his d3 is -2 for some reason) then you just need to read the poke, block it, and it’s your turn again.
I guess some people want to play gimmicks

Wrubez

The Flow Instructor
Just give us more options than f43 and I’m good. Let us stance cancel either for free or at no more than -2 disadvantage. Both OH and Low from Stance should be -8 (low is currently -8).

F2 should also be an overhead. Controversial, yeah, but there is no utility otherwise. Make it a non launching overhead and replace with a metered special launcher somewhere. Or make it an OH with a KB that launches depending on reqs like needing to hit two in a match or I dunno..would need to increase damage as well...

Just give us more options than f43 and I’m good. Let us stance cancel either for free or at no more than -2 disadvantage. Both OH and Low from Stance should be -8 (low is currently -8).

F2 should also be an overhead. Controversial, yeah, but there is no utility otherwise. Make it a non launching overhead and replace with a metered special launcher somewhere. Or make it an OH with a KB that launches depending on reqs like needing to hit two in a match or I dunno..would need to increase damage as well...
,Agreed on everything . Right now the stance is just a gimmick not a pressure tool . Whenever I use it I get poked eventually . They respect it at first but when they realise that they can just d1/d3 out of it and that the overhead is -16 you realise that your only option is the low now . Agree on the f2 . In combos it scales them a lot and hits unreliably so I dont use it you get more dmg without it anyway . I would like the kb requirements to be that you hit them crouch blocking . It would go nicely with b34 and stance3 pressure

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
B124 whiffs against Johnny and probably females.
I kept hearing this a lot so I went into training mode. I set every character to crouch and crouch block and B124 does not whiff. It only whiffs if you're outside its range. It does not have the same range as F43. 212 etc. you are correct about.

Overall, I wouldn't change anything but the hitbox issues. If f4 is nerfed that's fine as long as B124 is left alone. I might need to get in a little closer, but you'd practically be dealing with the same mixups.

Last edited:

Frenzy

Noob
I kept hearing this a lot so I went into training mode. I set every character to crouch and crouch block and B124 does not whiff. It only whiffs if you're outside its range. It does not have the same range as F43. 212 etc. you are correct about.

Overall, I wouldn't change anything but the hitbox issues. If f4 is nerfed that's fine as long as B124 is left alone. I might need to get in a little closer, but you'd practically be dealing with the same mixups.
B124 definitely whiffs on a crouch blocking Johnny Cage at point blank range. The second hit of it.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
B124 definitely whiffs on a crouch blocking Johnny Cage at point blank range. The second hit of it.
Really odd. If you crouch with JC all 3 hits connect. If you crouch block all 3 hits come out, but if you do a d1 it interrupts the string...bizarre.