What's new

Liu Kang balance/change wishlist

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
I would just b13 so the 3 has a further reach, it's annoying landing a perfectly spaced b1 only to have the 3 white.

Preferably also wither make the 3 a mid or remove the gap, but mostly just the range
If the 2nd hit whiffs for RANDOM reasons I agree. If it whiffs because you spaced b1 perfectly and you did not take into account the 2nd hit might whiff at this range then that’s on you.

I have the same ‘problem’ with Subs b14. The b1 has really far reach and the 4 does not, so at max range the 2nd hit might whiff. If it does it’s because I did not take that into account, it’s my fault, not because the string has faulty design.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
If the 2nd hit whiffs for RANDOM reasons I agree. If it whiffs because you spaced b1 perfectly and you did not take into account the 2nd hit might whiff at this range then that’s on you.

I have the same ‘problem’ with Subs b14. The b1 has really far reach and the 4 does not, so at max range the 2nd hit might whiff. If it does it’s because I did not take that into account, it’s my fault, not because the string has faulty design.
well if you hit b1 at max range the b3 whiffs. unless you commit into a special, which is unsafe you get no reward. It's not for random reasons, its that the second hit just whiffs. but I see little point in the b1 having that range, or using it at that range if you get nothing for it. therefore i think the second hit of b13 should hit the opponent when b1 hits at max range.

Parasurama

Dragon
Personally, I would like to see a faster energy parry in his second variation.
I think if his energy parry was a safe mid (like how cetrion does a special that hits and parries projectiles) it would have a point. His parry is pointless even if it was faster, as it is in a variation with a tele.

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
well if you hit b1 at max range the b3 whiffs. unless you commit into a special, which is unsafe you get no reward. It's not for random reasons, its that the second hit just whiffs. but I see little point in the b1 having that range, or using it at that range if you get nothing for it. therefore i think the second hit of b13 should hit the opponent when b1 hits at max range.
The point I was trying to make (as I explained by using subs string as an example) that u need to consider that the entirety of the string is not supposed to hit at max range.

For sub, if b1 and b12 were allowed to connect at the same range the string would have huge range overall, that’s just not the way it is designed. You can use b1 as a spacing tool and for great staggers but it won’t connect into b12 from all ranges.

Maybe Lius string was designed in the same way, maybe u should only use the first hit to stagger f.e. and if you are 100% sure the 2nd hit will also connect actually go for it. That’s what I mean when I say it might not be the strings fault but yours, if you don’t understand this point then you simply disagree and want the string to be ‘better’ overall. Hitbox issues are when a string misses for random reasons; when the 2nd hit NEVER connects at certain ranges that’s consistent and something you should consider in your gameplay.

Last edited:

colby4898

The point I was trying to make (as I explained by using subs string as an example) that u need to consider that the entirety of the string is not supposed to hit at max range.

For sub, if b1 and b12 were allowed to connect at the same range the string would have huge range overall, that’s just not the way it is designed. You can use b1 as a spacing tool and for great staggers but it won’t connect into b12 from all ranges.

Maybe Lius string was designed in the same way, maybe u should only use the first hit to stagger f.e. and if you are 100% sure the 2nd hit will also connect actually go for it. That’s what I mean when I say it might not be the strings fault but yours, if you don’t understand this point then you simply disagree and want the string to be ‘better’ overall. Hitbox issues are when a string misses for random reasons; when the 2nd hit NEVER connects at certain ranges that’s consistent and something you should consider in your gameplay.
I understand what you're saying and I don't disagree. I'm just saying I would buff it so that at max range b13 hits because atm b1 having that range is useless as you get nothing for it.

I'm not saying it's a hitbox issue, I just want it changed

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
I understand what you're saying and I don't disagree. I'm just saying I would buff it so that at max range b13 hits because atm b1 having that range is useless as you get nothing for it.

I'm not saying it's a hitbox issue, I just want it changed
Ok then lol

I kinda hope they don’t give Liu Kang any buffs tbh, he’s in a good place and I fear the day he gets better than his current state. Do you feel like he needs the string at all? To me it seems like it’d be just one more tool in his pocket (granted maybe not the best one atm), but he has a lot of good stuff going for him already :/ I understand that this thread is a wish thread, I simply don’t see this character in need of anything else. If they fix the hitboxes to be consistent (that should be a given for all characters) he’s more than fine.

colby4898

Ok then lol

I kinda hope they don’t give Liu Kang any buffs tbh, he’s in a good place and I fear the day he gets better than his current state. Do you feel like he needs the string at all? To me it seems like it’d be just one more tool in his pocket (granted maybe not the best one atm), but he has a lot of good stuff going for him already :/ I understand that this thread is a wish thread, I simply don’t see this character in need of anything else. If they fix the hitboxes to be consistent (that should be a given for all characters) he’s more than fine.
Nah he doesn't need it. Obviously f4 is an amazing normal but it lacks range. It would just be nice to be able to utilise the range of b1 better

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Just give us more options than f43 and I’m good. Let us stance cancel either for free or at no more than -2 disadvantage. Both OH and Low from Stance should be -8 (low is currently -8).

F2 should also be an overhead. Controversial, yeah, but there is no utility otherwise. Make it a non launching overhead and replace with a metered special launcher somewhere. Or make it an OH with a KB that launches depending on reqs like needing to hit two in a match or I dunno..would need to increase damage as well...
Honestly all he needs is his hitbox issues fixed vs females and smaller hurtboxes. He is incredibly powerful as is. He has gaps in his stuff but that just makes him honest really, there is ways to condition all if his pressure.
His F2 is kind if useless but I don't agree it should be an overhead, he has an amazing short hop so use it instead but I think it wouldn't hurt to change his F2 from high to mid and if you wanted it to be a hard knockdown that has a KB tied to it I think that could be strong.

What I feel he Is lacking Isn't from his buttons but from the variation system. Personally I want Parry + CMD Grab + Low FireBall
In his second I'd like Fire buff + TP + Numbchuck Stance.

LawAbidingCitizen

I think if his energy parry was a safe mid (like how cetrion does a special that hits and parries projectiles) it would have a point. His parry is pointless even if it was faster, as it is in a variation with a tele.
HiS energy parry in WSL sends back projectiles, its not useless. Its actually really good.

colby4898

Honestly all he needs is his hitbox issues fixed vs females and smaller hurtboxes. He is incredibly powerful as is. He has gaps in his stuff but that just makes him honest really, there is ways to condition all if his pressure.
His F2 is kind if useless but I don't agree it should be an overhead, he has an amazing short hop so use it instead but I think it wouldn't hurt to change his F2 from high to mid and if you wanted it to be a hard knockdown that has a KB tied to it I think that could be strong.

What I feel he Is lacking Isn't from his buttons but from the variation system. Personally I want Parry + CMD Grab + Low FireBall
In his second I'd like Fire buff + TP + Numbchuck Stance.
His cmd grab is rubbish. He has loads of ticks on standing blocking opponent, but they all whiff on crouch block. They don't even need to let go of block to make it whiff. I know it's a high, but you always crouch block Liu anyway so..

Last edited:

LawAbidingCitizen

His cmd grab is rubbish. He has loads of ticks on standing crouching opponent, but they all whiff on crouch block. They don't even need to let go of block to make it whiff. I know it's a high, but you always crouch block Liu anyway so..
I Didn't know that, only used the CMD Grab for a bit in practice

Wrubez

The Flow Instructor
Seriously just fix both his stances to be more viable and fix his whiffing. No damage buffs or anything like that. I know I suggested F2 be an overhead but I would settle for the whiffing and stance fixes. Shaolin Stance cancels are butt cheeks and his nunchuck stance is total trash. If they ever release another variation with the nunchuck stance it’s nothing to celebrate.

Give me kabal style cancel frame data on the Shaolin Stance and speed up the start up of the nunchucks and we’re straight.

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
Seriously just fix both his stances to be more viable and fix his whiffing. No damage buffs or anything like that. I know I suggested F2 be an overhead but I would settle for the whiffing and stance fixes. Shaolin Stance cancels are butt cheeks and his nunchuck stance is total trash. If they ever release another variation with the nunchuck stance it’s nothing to celebrate.

Give me kabal style cancel frame data on the Shaolin Stance and speed up the start up of the nunchucks and we’re straight.
Please stop asking for buffs on a top 5 character.

LawAbidingCitizen

Please stop asking for buffs on a top 5 character.
He isn't really asking for buffs on a top 5 character though. He is mainly asking for hitbox fixes and utility on otherwise useless moves. Obviously liu Kang is very good but there is nothing wrong with trying to make the character not Wiff or be more diverse. F2 shouldn't be an overhead but it could be a mid. All Liu really needs is hitbox fixes and for his hurtbox to be vulnerable after throwing because many characters Wiff while punishing his throw.

But I completely understand why Kang mains are trying to make other moves more useful its not that he needs it its that they want there character to have more tolls than B34/F4 and I think it would be nice to see all characters be more than 2 button characters.

I seem to remember you asking for buffs on your character and I'm positive Scorpion is higher tier than Liu. But I don't fault you for wanting things fixed with your character because we all want things fixed with our mains. Its only natural.