What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang Liu Kang and recommended nerf / information

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
Just nerf b12 to be -8 on block (-5 on b12 FBRC) or around there. That way going for an armor break is a read on both sides, not just Liu's victim. It will also give the defending character more reward for making a right guess, which I think is fair. IMO nerfing his other tools alongside this change would hit the character too hard and send him down the shitter, like Raiden.
This change would hurt the other variations as well

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
I don't see why MB Flying Kick should even be neutral on block. It should be safe but not neutral, at least -3.

omooba

fear the moobs
He does have better MUs B.

Not to mention ol boy missed the entire point of my post by mentioning good things Scorpion has, while necglecting the fact that Kang's cancels are broken.

They need to be nerfed just like Hellfire's cancels.
dude the only nerf he needs is on MB flying kick there's a huge difference between how scorpion works and how liu kang works
if you nerfed his cancels anymore he would be trash
hate it when people who don't play the character just ask to kill it
Oh yes yes leave it alone he can wall block infinite more than half of the cast, but lets leave it like that...
more than half the cast? that's a lie. HUGE ASS LIE

dude the only nerf he needs is on MB flying kick there's a huge difference between how scorpion works and how liu kang works
if you nerfed his cancels anymore he would be trash
hate it when people who don't play the character just ask to kill it

more than half the cast? that's a lie. HUGE ASS LIE
Nerf him & I'll stop

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
I don't see why MB Flying Kick should even be neutral on block. It should be safe but not neutral, at least -3.
If MB Dragon Kick be -3, most time there will be no reason to use it because Dragon's Roar is -2 and Dragon Kick is -8.

Just nerf b12 to be -8 on block (-5 on b12 FBRC) or around there.
B1,2 is -3;
If Liu Kang tries to do B1,2 into Dragon's Roar or Bicycle Kick, there will be a gap in it;
B1,2,4 is -10;
B1,2 into FBRC is +1;
B1,2 into Shaolin-Ferno is -6;
B1,2 into Stance Switch is -8.

I think I will not play DF and FF anymore because most peoples are too stupid to understand how these variations works, then they ask stupid nerfs, like: ''Nerf Flame Fist's zoning!''... WTF! FF is the only variation that Liu Kang has a very good defensive and are you asking to nerf his defensive?

I think I will only play Dualist because Dualist is not very good and nobody asks nerfs to Dualist. Right? No...

it wouldn't kill flame fist in the slightest and to be honest I think would help against Dualist's f213xxStanceChange loop that is already kind of annoying
NRS, please, just remove Liu Kang of the game.

Last edited:
I honestly think they are going to swap the stamina recovery from breaker with the stamina recovery from run cancels universally nerfing all run characters to a degree (R.I.P HT Jacqui)

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
The games mechanic is a bit flawed, there is a block breaker and no one is willing to spend to 2 bars to get out of a pressure. It works a bit tho, getting out of Kung Lao's and Johnny's pressure is just a godsend, it works for Liu as well, but the fk mb just gets in for free and that where the problem resides. I still feel like the game needs a separate meter for block breakers to be really useful, like maybe like how breakers used to work in Deception and Armageddon, limit them for one per round or something. I do realize that would change the meta of the game, maybe even make some character even more stronger then they are, but something needs to happen to make it function properly, as of now , it makes little of use.

skater11

The saltiest
The games mechanic is a bit flawed, there is a block breaker and no one is willing to spend to 2 bars to get out of a pressure. It works a bit tho, getting out of Kung Lao's and Johnny's pressure is just a godsend, it works for Liu as well, but the fk mb just gets in for free and that where the problem resides. I still feel like the game needs a separate meter for block breakers to be really useful, like maybe like how breakers used to work in Deception and Armageddon, limit them for one per round or something. I do realize that would change the meta of the game, maybe even make some character even more stronger then they are, but something needs to happen to make it function properly, as of now , it makes little of use.
I think our only hope is for NRS to make block breakers 1 bar but only 1 per round. And set the default time limit to 60 instead of 90 or whatever it is now. It'll reward defensive play more rather than only run up 50/50 characters.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
I think our only hope is for NRS to make block breakers 1 bar but only 1 per round. And set the default time limit to 60 instead of 90 or whatever it is now. It'll reward defensive play more rather than only run up 50/50 characters.
Sadly, MK never encourages defensive play, which was always baloney ,even Street Fighter is going that route, apparently íts for ''pussies''