What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang Liu Kang 8-31-2015 Patch Notes

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
lol the crying in this thread is hilarious, why do you guys think i never bothered with DF in the first place? even when i first got the game and mained FF when he was pure ass (then switched to takeda lol) i never once liked DF. I saw this coming, thank god they didn't nerf FF like i thought they were going to. i realized how to really play FF right after SJ. i have a strategy that will make FF look broken AF that i should have been doing since he got buffed. i might release a video showing it off maybe not.

lol the crying in this thread is hilarious, why do you guys think i never bothered with DF in the first place? even when i first got the game and mained FF when he was pure ass (then switched to takeda lol) i never once liked DF. I saw this coming, thank god they didn't nerf FF like i thought they were going to. i realized how to really play FF right after SJ. i have a strategy that will make FF look broken AF that i should have been doing since he got buffed. i might release a video showing it off maybe not.
FF looks pretty good, I think everyone was just having a lot of fun with DF and now it's complete garbage. The people in this thread saying we need to "Git gud" when it comes to DF don't even main him but were also the people asking for more nerfs than the F213 FBDC removal pre-patch. It's not overblown, DF is literally trash.

I'm going Cryo. He is 500x simpler than Liu and has the gift of much easier damage.

Wrubez

The Flow Instructor
So finally got to test and wow yeah, DF is truly ruined. Not gonna recite a wall of text. I feel the same as everyone else save for the select few that wanted the nerf. Well, you win douches. You helped take a mid tier to mid-high tier character and make him worse than Goro. Thanks guys. Dash cancel advantage was all he needed to go away. As for countering run cancel pressure without dash bug, "git gud"

There's no way this lasts. Whole point of the patch according to the stream was to create balance and not have any shitty characters. Mission failed. I'll keep reiterating too that this had to be unintentional, as Paulo's comments on the stream specifically stated that he retained all pressure just lost the dash loop. So don't expect it to stick guys. Even as a character loyalist I'll find it tough not to main Jax and GM Sub for a while till it gets addressed properly.

Here's hoping Smoke gets announced this week.

Lone

KHAOTIC
They aren't going to revert the fireball change because it's listed in the patch notes, they just didn't specify that you can still do F213 run cancel pressure but you need tighter execution on the stream.

It's pretty much what I expected, Liu's pressure was brought down and I know JC will be left alone, even though his pressure was pretty much just as good. Only difference, no known dash cancel for Cage.

Oh, well, I'll try to make it work and go from there. Who knows, maybe I will try A-List but he doesn't really interest me.

LASD

Noob
I am absolutely waxing people with Flame Fist right now. And the wins come by so much easier. Just played some guy online who handled me a couple days ago with DF. 1 day with flame fist and the tables were turned. I suggest all DF mains make the transition over to FF, life will be a whole lot easier

LASD

Noob
They aren't going to revert the fireball change because it's listed in the patch notes, they just didn't specify that you can still do F213 run cancel pressure but you need tighter execution on the stream.

It's pretty much what I expected, Liu's pressure was brought down and I know JC will be left alone, even though his pressure was pretty much just as good. Only difference, no known dash cancel for Cage.

Oh, well, I'll try to make it work and go from there. Who knows, maybe I will try A-List but he doesn't really interest me.
I would'nt waste time with A-list. If history repeats itself, he too will have his time. It's only a matter of when before enough people jump on the A-list bandwagon that threads will start popping up left and right about his pressure needing to be nerfed. I didn't think Liu would get nerfed because he escaped the patch that got SQ and HF, but he did. I'm sure Johnny will get the axe too. And for the record I don't think he should. People who grind out those cancels and nailing down the execution deserve to be rewarded, not punished by having the cancels removed

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
I am absolutely waxing people with Flame Fist right now. And the wins come by so much easier. Just played some guy online who handled me a couple days ago with DF. 1 day with flame fist and the tables were turned. I suggest all DF mains make the transition over to FF, life will be a whole lot easier
online means nothing

LASD

Noob
Anyone else notice that uppercut was also nerfed? 7 frames start up. Feels a lot different as well. Missing a lot of my anti airs

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
They should just remove the nerf to the f213 and make it so you have to wait 4 frames for both RCs and DCs.

Lone

KHAOTIC
I thought that is what they would have done so the other variations wouldn't be hurt. But, no.

C'est la vie.

DeftMonk

Noob

jc will be left alone? you haven't been over to our forum have u? a-list got his balls cut off.

AssassiN

Noob
Or just DC's...lol
How do you suggest they do that?
Their 3 only options are:
- Takes longer to cancel out of FB
- Nerf cancel advantage of F213
- Recovery of dashing takes longer

Only nerfing the cancel advantage of F213 would have kept B12 and F44 really good.
The third option seemed very unlikely to me.

I really wasn't expecting them to go with 2 options...

Lone

KHAOTIC
jc will be left alone? you haven't been over to our forum have u? a-list got his balls cut off.
Are they not going to completely revert changes for everyone barring Liu?

Any way we can get clarification on what will be changed for run cancel variations, @colt?

Sorry, I hate the idea of tagging devs but the Liu community isn't as rowdy as the Kitana one for example. But it'd be great if we knew exactly what we have to practice.

Wrubez

The Flow Instructor
How do you suggest they do that?
Their 3 only options are:
- Takes longer to cancel out of FB
- Nerf cancel advantage of F213
- Recovery of dashing takes longer

Only nerfing the cancel advantage of F213 would have kept B12 and F44 really good.
The third option seemed very unlikely to me.

I really wasn't expecting them to go with 2 options...
Yeah it was half sarcastic because in all honestly I really don't know how they would have nerfed dash cancel without affecting run cancels. Perhaps increase the stamina cost for RC's so that you could only ever do one round of f213 fbrc and your follow up attack? ::shrug::

All I know is what they did was overkill. The 4f hold is a bit much. Maybe a 2f or 1f hold? Or a 2f nerf to f213? Or maybe address every string that was overly plus on block and take it down a frame or two so he didn't have 1000 blockstrings?

Again I don't even know if any of these would have been possible it just doesn't seem fair what they did presently. Gotta be a compromise available somewhere. They basically accomplished exactly what they said they didn't want to do and that is limiting a character's effectiveness to the point of disadvantage.

AssassiN

Noob
Yeah it was half sarcastic because in all honestly I really don't know how they would have nerfed dash cancel without affecting run cancels. Perhaps increase the stamina cost for RC's so that you could only ever do one round of f213 fbrc and your follow up attack? ::shrug::

All I know is what they did was overkill. The 4f hold is a bit much. Maybe a 2f or 1f hold? Or a 2f nerf to f213? Or maybe address every string that was overly plus on block and take it down a frame or two so he didn't have 1000 blockstrings?

Again I don't even know if any of these would have been possible it just doesn't seem fair what they did presently. Gotta be a compromise available somewhere. They basically accomplished exactly what they said they didn't want to do and that is limiting a character's effectiveness to the point of disadvantage.
They should have just prolonged how long it takes to cancel out of Fireball.
Nothing else should have happened, this way only DF would be affected and nerfed how + he is on his cancels.
Now Dualist and Flame Fist are now affected by the F213 nerf.

His fbc combos are working again
They worked for me before the hotfix, just a bit harder to do.
The easy ones like B12~FBRC, 113 were still very easy to do.

xXxNasHxXx

Mighty Champion of EarthRealm
If NRS buffs Liu Kang's 4f hold on fireball cancels to 2f or 1f or roll back F213 to its previous form. Liu Kang haters will again start whining to nerf Liu Kang like they did in the every single previous hotfix.

They should have just prolonged how long it takes to cancel out of Fireball.
Nothing else should have happened, this way only DF would be affected and nerfed how + he is on his cancels.
Now Dualist and Flame Fist are now affected by the F213 nerf.

They worked for me before the hotfix, just a bit harder to do.
The easy ones like B12~FBRC, 113 were still very easy to do.
Yeah they worked for me too but the new timing was weird lol

Still gonna use Dragon Fire I guess...Flame fist is aight but I cant get used to him not having a bicycle kick and the projectiles in Dualist suck and he doesnt have the flip kick there wich I really like

Wrubez

The Flow Instructor
Wait they are still broken on xbone. I don't think we got the hotfix yet. Still can't do majority of the fbc combos. Perhaps later today...

Wrubez

The Flow Instructor
After more lab work I've concluded that if you give us back full fbc combo capability I can be okay with the block stun nerf. But it has to go hand in hand. Opponents need to fear your ability to rip off big fbc combos otherwise it's armor and poke city on block

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
After more lab work I've concluded that if you give us back full fbc combo capability I can be okay with the block stun nerf. But it has to go hand in hand. Opponents need to fear your ability to rip off big fbc combos otherwise it's armor and poke city on block
Or NRS can fix things without breaking them