What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang Liu Kang 8-31-2015 Patch Notes

lol all of my mixups rcs have to change now. back to boring f213 constantly :( , 11 true block fbrc strings down to just 1 now. i havent tried this patch yet but not looking forward to testing it. lets all go too johnny a list or dvorah now go go go

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
lol all of my mixups rcs have to change now. back to boring f213 constantly :( , 11 true block fbrc strings down to just 1 now. i havent tried this patch yet but not looking forward to testing it. lets all go too johnny a list or dvorah now go go go
Oh fuck me, I just realized that the ghetto 33/33/33 between 112 FBRC, 11 FBRC F44, and 113 has been nerfed.

Well that's disappointing...

112 was either plus 13 or 14 so maybe its still a true block string? ,

were missing
b3
b34 (second hit)
b34 (third hit)
b33 (third hit)
s3
s4
f44
those strings were all about plus 12 or 13 on average. so they all gone now. gna be so boring just doing f213 f213 f44 etc. all those hours of perfecting his fbrc mixups all gone i tell ye. someone get Paulo lol. cant wait to get home so i can experiment whats what. i just got the f44 fbrc f44 perfect every time with no gap aswell haha sods law. oh well :D

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Yeah sorry about the over reaction before guys, i was getting bodied by my xbone pad. On ps4 i can land his cancels. You just cant buffer the run anymore. Paulo did say ru cancels will be adjusted but i think lius will remain the same on block.i feel like everyone got a lot stronger in this patch and liu barely changed.maybe its just me? But cut throat kano, quan chi, tanya and cryo sub are gonna take the heat off of liu kang now lol

AssassiN

Noob
Time to do some more labbing with Dualist.
I don't think DF is ruined, less strings to use and more braindead so that sucks. But it's still a good pick.

I'm not sure if there is a best or worst variation with Liu right now, they might all be at the same level just different.

Wrubez

The Flow Instructor
And you wonder why there are so many tier whores. NRS doesn't even give you a chance to develop a character before making game altering changes. Can't wait to see all the sub zero mains now. He deserved buffs, no doubt, but I strongly disagree with buffing one character by adding variety and severely limiting another. Makes no sense. Xaraka is right. The haters claimed DF to be braindead??

Wait until you see now when all you gotta do is master f213 timing...personally for me it'll be boring as shit it that's the case. What will be the point in playing as DF?

just tried 10mins on the new patch in df. omg how lame . 112 isnt true block string either its out by a frame. :/ the fbrcs suk. you guys think this will change again? , i see a lot of people dropping liu. especially dualist if hes not even plus on anything as elite said. i hate what theyve done. ruined 2 of his variations tbh. f213 all day sigh what fun

LASD

Noob
They destroyed liu kang. I don't understand it. He's a pressure player. He has no 50/50. He's going low and you know it. By removing his FBRC pressure, good luck beating any top players. DF was my favorite variation in the entire game because you can get creative with the cancels and do some pretty cool damage and open your opponent up in different ways. Now that's gone. I can still get f213 FBRC to jail but that's maybe 1 in 20 times and there is no way I'm going to spend any time mastering what seems like a 1 frame link, only for the rest of the community to cry about it and have them remove it completely. I'm just pretty disappointed in how they handled the nerf. I think everyone agreed that the FBDC was stupid, but to ruin his FBRC was too much. I picked up flame fist today and it's pretty monotonous and not anywhere near as fun and creative as DF was. NRS did a pretty poor job at normalizing liu. And I've been working on dualist as well and he's incredibly underwhelming. I've been trying so hard to stay away from 50/50 characters but I don't think NRS is giving us a choice here. DF liu went from a real threat to nothing more than a middle of a pack player that will get eaten alive by top tiers

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I'm gonna have to put updates on the frame data thread on hold because it's too finicky to determine if I'm doing frame perfect follow ups with this run cancel bug. Plus who knows, maybe Dualist might yet get some more compensation buffs to bring it back up to where it was before the F213 nerf.