What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang Liu Kang 8-31-2015 Patch Notes

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
We need to compile a list of the new data from lius cancels. I just want to see where he is now so i can work around it. Liu has been my main since april 11th when u got the game early lol. Im not dropping him. Flame fist doesn't interest me nearly as much as dragons fire.

Wrubez

The Flow Instructor
We need to compile a list of the new data from lius cancels. I just want to see where he is now so i can work around it. Liu has been my main since april 11th when u got the game early lol. Im not dropping him. Flame fist doesn't interest me nearly as much as dragons fire.
Agreed. I've put way too much time and effort into DF but this is a blow for sure. Kinda wish they did this w the hellfire nerf to get it over with. It's almost like NRS was like "maybe we should address LK with scorpion...nah that would kill the character it's fine leave it be"

And then complaints that were misguided towards RC when in reality it was DC. Rest is history I'm just holding out hope that a compromise is found.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Agreed. I've put way too much time and effort into DF but this is a blow for sure. Kinda wish they did this w the hellfire nerf to get it over with. It's almost like NRS was like "maybe we should address LK with scorpion...nah that would kill the character it's fine leave it be"

And then complaints that were misguided towards RC when in reality it was DC. Rest is history I'm just holding out hope that a compromise is found.
Exactly. Old man brady is to thank for this, but im more concerned now about finding out his advantage on cancels so i can work out a strategy to implement them. All cancels took a hit. Liu and cage the hardest i believe

OK SO. we wtill got a few things. ive just got into pratice mode with the new hot fix. so far his true block strings i found are

f213 (duh)
b34 (this one is plus 10 for sure but no more)
im just trying the others now as these were the first obvious and easiest to hit. will keep y'all posted

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
OK SO. we wtill got a few things. ive just got into pratice mode with the new hot fix. so far his true block strings i found are

f213 (duh)
b34 (this one is plus 10 for sure but no more)
im just trying the others now as these were the first obvious and easiest to hit. will keep y'all posted
Thanks alot brother

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
My Question is how does this effect Flame Fist? I haven't really had any proper matches since the patch, F231 Ex Flame Fist still applies decent pressure right? it hasn't opened up huge gap that I have to worry about right?

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
My Question is how does this effect Flame Fist? I haven't really had any proper matches since the patch, F231 Ex Flame Fist still applies decent pressure right? it hasn't opened up huge gap that I have to worry about right?
F213 ex shaolin flame f213 isnt a true blockstring anymore. But f213 ex flame f1 is i believe

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Ill test when im off work but i dont think they can just poke out. I think they can armor out though
Always been the way really I think Flame Fist might just sit on the side of being the same in terms of his pressure, i'm just wondering really is there's anything I have to suddenly be aware of.