What's new

Question - Raiden little help with three f12b2?

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
awhile ago. Now I see he goes by theonlygoonie, when i was about to join sicarios party.
well just add me and ill play some, maybe we might even become Friends and make it regular, sounds cool to me :)

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
trust me i know what it is to have a solid character and have scrubbs patch the ever living fuck out of a character before the matchups or tech for said character is even determined: i main Cyrax bro and Kenshi.

Cyrax and CSZ didnt even get a full 3 weeks to live, and One video being posted about possible broken tools got the character nerfed because some Whining Mother fuckers at a tournament said OMG i don't want to learn amatchup, it could be broke. so "Just in Case" my two favorite robots got Castrated. and how the fuck does that happen, how do you have a character new one for 3 weeks and how is it even close to possible that anyone no matter who they are think they can tell you if the character is fair or broken. Thats impossible no way could matchups have been thought out or even tools been compared to every normal and situation between 100+ variations. and they got nerfed to ever living shit.

So id say CSZ and Cyrax got the treatment.

Imagine Tanya losing starters like your Pyro Projectile would not be able to connect off her main Starters. like B31 Pyro projectile(have no clue what its called and mist) would be able to be blocked on hit. yeah imagine that. thats CSZ.

then there is Cyrax, He has always been a Setup Character, in all Previous games his bombs where unblockable, when he was released, i considered Low Bombs and high bombs to be a Huge NERF. that was bullshit. i Raged from that, then BS mother fuckers wanted his bombs to be Mids because they are ignorant fuckers. (thats my view)

I love cyrax, and he is completely fair on this game, if you don't think thst then you really don't know the matchup, and i can 100% explaine why he is: the people saying he is unfair like his HTB's are full of shit.

1. his Setups are Escapable, Period, very escapable by everyone in the cast. and only one thats not does 60% for a bar, and i consider that a damage boost, because he does shit for damage because of Massive nerf he had on 3-29, he LOST 25% meterless then.

2. Hid Setups only work one way, OH to LOW period, you need the Low bomb to hit last to launch them. None of them are true 1 frame links anymore, at least the actrusal setups are not. this is because there is a huge gap before he hits you with the HTB. and i don't consider it an actual HTB not like Tekads or other characters for that matter, they can mix it up like LOW-OH or OH-Low Cyrax does not do this. so its only one way to block it, not Unblockable.

3. HTB's are his way of making his bombs worth while, they are hella slow, and punishable on thier own, must be used in combo and have over a second of Recovery yes that is right, over 1 Entire Second of Recovery. name moves that are 1 Second or more of Recovery, Kenshi has Projectiles that are 50 frames recovery and we complaine about how shit they are, well Cyrax bombs are 70+ frames of recovery.
Since he does not have UNBLOCKABLE Bombs in this game, HTB OH to LOW setups are his way of doing what he used to. and they intended this and stated they did. the thing is they are fair because they are
Escapable by Entire Cast with either Backdash/Armor Techroll into Backdash/Armor. and thats a fact. there are HTB combos we use that do 55% for a bar, but damn thats nothing in this game. Kitana does 60% meterless midscreen. and many more do even more than that. Kitana and Cyrax are very similar Bad Neutral and long combos, Except Cyrax gets no damage from his. While hers just Stacks and stckas the Damage(so noone is mistaken i dfo not want Kitana NERFED at all)

How to Stop Cyrax Setups with anyone.

How to beat Cyrax anywhere, Out zone him, his Zoning is Garbage compared to rest of cast, Run through his bombs Block net and punish it for full combo almost half screen. his only goos zomning tool is with Meter called EX buzzsaw! and then when you get in he has No Mids they wiff and act like Highs, so Just beat his Shgit Neutral up close, so you should be able to beat him close up and Far away. and his only good Neutral option is Teleport for a bar and it only does 11% and is punishable, he does no damage meterless so Mustard suggested giving him Launching Telport again this time he keeps armor.
I think the main problem is with MKX itself.

Street Fighter and Killer Instinct, but even KoF work in an opposite way in a sense:
- In those games you have to learn to not throw out random crap or you get blown up.
- In MK you have to learn how to counter people who throw out random crap or you get blown up.

I feel a more skillful environment where the mashers get punished for their bullshit is way more desirable than having to make separate videos how to counter somebody pressing the same 3 buttons over and over.

MadeOfMetal

I think the main problem is with MKX itself.

Street Fighter and Killer Instinct, but even KoF work in an opposite way in a sense:
- In those games you have to learn to not throw out random crap or you get blown up.
- In MK you have to learn how to counter people who throw out random crap or you get blown up.

I feel a more skillful environment where the mashers get punished for their bullshit is way more desirable than having to make separate videos how to counter somebody pressing the same 3 buttons over and over.
honestly i think button mashers do get punished, if they use negative strings than they will as long as player x punishes in time, i don't think its any different, i have really just played MK mainly because i have always like it.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
honestly i think button mashers do get punished, if they use negative strings than they will as long as player x punishes in time, i don't think its any different, i have really just played MK mainly because i have always like it.
Try some of the more respected fighting games, you'll see what I mean.

MadeOfMetal

Try some of the more respected fighting games, you'll see what I mean.
i used to play Tekken, Killer Instinct, Soul Caliber and Primal Rage. and basically to me most are built around the same core with small differences.

the new Naruto one is a strange one, that is a unbalanced mess.

i guess if you don't like how MK works you can always go play those other ones, but MK has always been MK and thats what brings me to it. they are different from others and i like it. one of the best things is Block button. why i don't like Injustice

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
i used to play Tekken, Killer Instinct, Soul Caliber and Primal Rage. and basically to me most are built around the same core with small differences.

the new Naruto one is a strange one, that is a unbalanced mess.

i guess if you don't like how MK works you can always go play those other ones, but MK has always been MK and thats what brings me to it. they are different from others and i like it. one of the best things is Block button. why i don't like Injustice
I like mk, I just don't like all the shit going on with it so far. Hoping things will change with the new patch. They seem to be changing direction for the better. I hope.

MadeOfMetal

I like mk, I just don't like all the shit going on with it so far. Hoping things will change with the new patch. They seem to be changing direction for the better. I hope.
yeah i didnt like how they always Nerf so hastely and i8 felt they should have waited 6 months to make balance changes. but hopfully the mid tier to bottom get buffed a bit and top gets a small adjustment and shit goes well, and buff AA's and nerf JIP's.
block breaker 1 bar and hell yeah boi.
but i have hope.

i wouldnt mind a few more characters to fuck around with either.

AbeW

Noob
As a Reptile main (aarrggh) who's picking up Displacer as a secondary character, I'm finding Raiden easy. When you have been through the pain of developing a higher level reptile, every other character will start to feel easy boys. LOL

omooba

fear the moobs
As a Reptile main (aarrggh) who's picking up Displacer as a secondary character, I'm finding Raiden easy. When you have been through the pain of developing a higher level reptile, every other character will start to feel easy boys. LOL
soooo not true

Tweedy

Noob
If you're practical with Reptile, he's really easy imo. Even when you do practical stuff with Displacer he's pretty difficult.

I can find stuff with Tarkatan Alien that is super hard, but you don't need to do it to be successful, at all. Displacer is known to be so hard, because even his practical stuff takes some practice.

With Reptile you can just not do his optimal combos, lose only 1-3 percent at most, and he's a potato.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
If you're practical with Reptile, he's really easy imo. Even when you do practical stuff with Displacer he's pretty difficult.

I can find stuff with Tarkatan Alien that is super hard, but you don't need to do it to be successful, at all. Displacer is known to be so hard, because even his practical stuff takes some practice.

With Reptile you can just not do his optimal combos, lose only 1-3 percent at most, and he's a potato.
Exactly right.
His main midscreen BnB combo is probably one of the hardest ones in game? (F12b2x3 into shocker or superman)
Then there's the low combo starter in the corner that involves Vicinity Burst cancels.
Reptile can be successful with just a string that's plus into basilisk then slide all the way to the corner, then mix with his bullshit OH and safe low which can be cancelled into a safe OH slash

Tweedy

Noob
Exactly right.
His main midscreen BnB combo is probably one of the hardest ones in game? (F12b2x3 into shocker or superman)
Then there's the low combo starter in the corner that involves Vicinity Burst cancels.
Reptile can be successful with just a string that's plus into basilisk then slide all the way to the corner, then mix with his bullshit OH and safe low which can be cancelled into a safe OH slash
Yeah and B2/B3 xx EX teleport. Especially B2 EX teleport. It's essential imo since it gives you safe 50/50s for a bar.

AbeW

Noob

By using the word "practical", i suppose you mean some lame duck combo with 25 to 30% damage. It looks like Lord Raiden has plenty of those for weak potato playin. But, when you're consistently implementing tech, sets ups and working on 40+% midscreen and 50+% corner with reptile (striking fear in the tender hearts of unsuspecting critters on ranked matches, bwaahahaha), its a difficult process with the green lizard.

All jokes aside, reptile was the first mkx character i picked up. I tried to pick LiuKang as a secondary and just got annoyed with him. Prior to MKX, i played MK II on Sega Console. So, yeah i had to learn a lotta new techniques over the past few months( Plinking, run cancels, fireball cancels etc, etc). NOW RAIDEN SEEMS EASY!!!!! I GOT THE INFAMOUS [[[F12B2 TIMES 3]]] IN ABOUT AN HOUR BOYS,,,,,BWWAAAHAHAHAHA

Tweedy

Noob
By using the word "practical", i suppose you mean some lame duck combo with 25 to 30% damage. It looks like Lord Raiden has plenty of those for weak potato playin. But, when you're consistently implementing tech, sets ups and working on 40+% midscreen and 50+% corner with reptile (striking fear in the tender hearts of unsuspecting critters on ranked matches, bwaahahaha), its a difficult process with the green lizard.

All jokes aside, reptile was the first mkx character i picked up. I tried to pick LiuKang as a secondary and just got annoyed with him. Prior to MKX, i played MK II on Sega Console. So, yeah i had to learn a lotta new techniques over the past few months( Plinking, run cancels, fireball cancels etc, etc). NOW RAIDEN SEEMS EASY!!!!! I GOT THE INFAMOUS [[[F12B2 TIMES 3]]] IN ABOUT AN HOUR BOYS,,,,,BWWAAAHAHAHAHA
You can do it in real games? Or did you just get it down in practice mode?

I can do 5 iafbs with Liu and B1 wgc F2 with D'vorah in practice mode. Big difference between practice and real games.

What are the insane Reptile combos? Give me them and i'll give you practical combos. If I give you a combo that is more than 3% less than your super omega combos, you win. That is even if your super omega combos are that hard to begin with.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Man this community is 99% Tier Whores, there is like 5 people for all the honest characters. hear me out, when Quan was OP everyone on him, now there is like 4 Summoner mains left on this site, same thing for Kung Lao, Tanya, and tremor when basically 99% of the people on here thought X character was broken they hoped on the band wagon and picked them up. now all the characters that where shit or mid tier before or after nerfs there is only a handful of people using them.

and the 99% i talk about talk shit on those characters getting buffs or help. thos people are happy no matter cuz they have there best character always and just want to win at any costs.

its sad look at Quan Threads and you will find there is like only 4 people left using him. Cyrax is basically dead me Scarsunseen mustard and a few others use him, even so called ones that made Cyrax threads quit game or swapped main altogether. No wonder there is so much Salt on TYM and people hating on Buff request for bad characters, and only Nerf threads, cuz they want their Character OP and others nerfed so they can win easy.

Just a thought.

AbeW

Noob
You can do it in real games? Or did you just get it down in practice mode?

I can do 5 iafbs with Liu and B1 wgc F2 with D'vorah in practice mode. Big difference between practice and real games.

What are the insane Reptile combos? Give me them and i'll give you practical combos. If I give you a combo that is more than 3% less than your super omega combos, you win. That is even if your super omega combos are that hard to begin with.
Since your enquired, I just did it in game and it works just fine! The input i'm doing is F12B2 RUN CANCEL F12B2 RUN CANCEL F12B2....into other stuff.

Unless you're a higher level reptile yourself, I'm not gonna type pages on here to explain things. With Reptile's nimble, you gotta get used to basilisk AND non basilisk setups, combos and tight timings within a single round. Nimble is hands down the most complex character in this game because you have to switch back n forth between non-basilisk stuff and basilisk stuff within a round. I see a lotta simpleton nimbles waiting to turn basilisk on and do the corner to corner swag the first chance they get. But, that's now how this character was designed to be played. If you used a EX klawswipe at the beginning of a combo or 2 other spots in mid for instance, timings, spacing, RC specifcs, etc for what follows would change. If you use his overhead, everything changes. Couple this with basilisk and you have a whole lotta things to keep track off. And the amount of tech he has is immense, ilgenowski's the only guy actively working on finding new stuff.

On a similar note, I don't need a cop-out 3% less combo from you, I know what all the lower damage variants are. I like to plink a supertight 1 frame NJP in mid combo IF I FREAKIN FELT LIKE IT dude! Again, the fact that you called reptile a measly potato confirms to me that you probably play him like mediocre medina. A lot of it is also a mind game! When you violate someone suddenly with a high damage 50% setup, he tends to lose all confidence though he may be highly skilled and perfectly capable of whittling you down in that same round. Like i said, i don't wanna write pages on here. So let's end this reptile topic and move on to Displacer.

To your credit, yes, i don't recommend Displacer to a spankin new noob. He'd probably pull his hair out. But, for a guy who knows the works when it comes to execution, displacer seems to be a lotta fun. Again, my primary reason to work on displacer is to deal with high level Scorpions and Ermacs (and maybe a very good K.Lao to a smaller extent). Because even with the most refined game you could play with reptile, he's a terrible matchup against 2 or 3 characters in this game. Displacer, in my case, seems to be a perfect fit for that ticket.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
Half the things you just mentioned (when/where you use ex klawswipe in a combo for example) apply to nearly every variation in the game.

Watch a few high level kitana mains. And before the attempted blowup, I'm not suggesting she is especially rough execution wise, she isn't.

My point is that she has so many situational modifiers in her combos all related to screen position, whether you've used ex fan or not, whether the combo started with a ground fan launcher or an air fan, whether the corner carry was sufficient to modify the combo on the fly to take advantage of a second air fan, whether you go for the unbreakable damage, etc. you can find two good kitana players that do completely different combos and net the same damage. And that applies to a shit ton of characters in this game.

I don't buy that nimble reptile is the most complicated variation in the game, neither in terms of execution or gameplan. If he is, you've not really explained sufficiently why he is.