What's new

Question - Raiden little help with three f12b2?

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I think OP was asking how to combo the string three times, not just how to do the string itself in the first place. It requires a slight run cancel between each and as alluded to by others already, isn't really worth the effort. Displacer and MoS are dope af but not worth the execution barrier/chance of dropping combos when the reward isn't even close to being worthy of the risk. Hopefully the patch will change their viability AND difficulty of use though.
I wouldn't have a problem with it if the input wasn't so damn awkward. I can do triple B12U2 combos on Goro but that input isn't awkward once you get the hang of it. F12B2 is ALWAYS an awkward input.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I wouldn't have a problem with it if the input wasn't so damn awkward. I can do triple B12U2 combos on Goro but that input isn't awkward once you get the hang of it. F12B2 is ALWAYS an awkward input.
I agree that the input itself is more awkward, especially when paired with run cancels, but also feel the need to point out that the links are just tighter too, timing-wise. Hell, Goro can even just take a step forward instead of having to run cancel as well, which always helps when NRS was dumb enough to make run ff+blk instead of a dedicated button, as if stance switch is really even a fucking thing.

CrazyFingers

I agree that the input itself is more awkward, especially when paired with run cancels, but also feel the need to point out that the links are just tighter too, timing-wise. Hell, Goro can even just take a step forward instead of having to run cancel as well, which always helps when NRS was dumb enough to make run ff+blk instead of a dedicated button, as if stance switch is really even a fucking thing.
Yea feels bad man

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I think OP was asking how to combo the string three times, not just how to do the string itself in the first place. It requires a slight run cancel between each and as alluded to by others already, isn't really worth the effort. Displacer and MoS are dope af but not worth the execution barrier/chance of dropping combos when the reward isn't even close to being worthy of the risk. Hopefully the patch will change their viability AND difficulty of use though.
You can combo it 4 times in a row in corner.

omooba

fear the moobs
Man this community is 99% Tier Whores, there is like 5 people for all the honest characters. hear me out, when Quan was OP everyone on him, now there is like 4 Summoner mains left on this site, same thing for Kung Lao, Tanya, and tremor when basically 99% of the people on here thought X character was broken they hoped on the band wagon and picked them up. now all the characters that where shit or mid tier before or after nerfs there is only a handful of people using them.

and the 99% i talk about talk shit on those characters getting buffs or help. thos people are happy no matter cuz they have there best character always and just want to win at any costs.

its sad look at Quan Threads and you will find there is like only 4 people left using him. Cyrax is basically dead me Scarsunseen mustard and a few others use him, even so called ones that made Cyrax threads quit game or swapped main altogether. No wonder there is so much Salt on TYM and people hating on Buff request for bad characters, and only Nerf threads, cuz they want their Character OP and others nerfed so they can win easy.

Just a thought.
well this is bullshit. when all these characters where OP 99% on tym including 'tym scrubs' where saying nerf them to hell that has never changed. Us learning how to use the OP isn't the same as hoping on the bandwagon. you don't see them claiming "i've been a quan main since day one". we want to use the character to know how to beat him or just to have fun how's that jumping on the bandwagon. there's almost no one who switches mains depending on who's the curent top tier and the very few who do don't claim to be anything other than tier whores. VERY FEW not the most of tym

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
To answer the thread's question: You input run cancel during the b2 animation in the f12b2. practice it and you still wont get it consistently. practice some more and you will get it in training but drop it in real matches. practice even harder till you get it 8 out of 10 times or drop the variation entirely.

@ Johnny Based Cage You're quickly becoming my favorite poster here.

CrazyFingers

To answer the thread's question: You input run cancel during the b2 animation in the f12b2. practice it and you still wont get it consistently. practice some more and you will get it in training but drop it in real matches. practice even harder till you get it 8 out of 10 times or drop the variation entirely.

@ Johnny Based Cage You're quickly becoming my favorite poster here.
Basically me xD

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
That makes 6 Quan Chi mainers. Never knew that you would be a Jaqui mainer. If you have PS4, add me. My ID is below my avatar. Need some experience with Jaqui as a GM SZ mainer. 4U4? You mean the stanky leg? I heard about this and it's hard as fuck.
he isn't a jacqui mainer, he mains johnny, uses raiden, quan and jacqui on the side. someone saying they play em doesnt mean main. i use all characters but im not a main of each of them. i only main Kenshi/Cyrax and have stuck with them.

and on the F12B2 its has to do with the time you press the F12/B2 the speed between them, for some reason this was easy for me, i just got lucky and started off doing it right. but that may be cuz i mastered alot of characters before i picked up that one, learend Run cancels and so on, counter pokes, general footsie tools, and neutral tricks, combos with almost whole cast then picked up raiden. but let me tell you i had alot of characters that i had problems on things that others said was easy to them. like Jacquis 4U4

Shawnzzy

Scrub Extraordinaire
The best way to execute it is by timing the first press of forward when you hit the b2 then the run is immediate as you press forward and r2 again. As you hit the run try to start the next string instantly. It is really hard to get the feel for, but when you are getting close it will seem like you don't even animate the run, it's like a stutter step. The best way to stay consistent in a match setting is recognizing if you have enough height to make the 3rd f11b2 combo. Once you can tell then you will know if you need to put an ender on the second string. It's almost like a second hit confirm, but more of a height confirm so to speak.

On another note, this guy asked a legitimate question regarding a character that is necessary to play him at the highest level. There's no need to derail this conversation into a fireside chat about the viability of the rest of the cast. Also, telling him to pick a different character or variation does not answer their question. Not throwing shade, but I want to make sure they see the information they need given, as others have stated, there are less and less people playing the mid-tier characters.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
im actually practicing these right now! im finding corner is just as hard as midscreen as timing the gravity to start the second f12b2 is tricky lol Keep me updated on your process!

Dravum

hello darkness my old friend...
im actually practicing these right now! im finding corner is just as hard as midscreen as timing the gravity to start the second f12b2 is tricky lol Keep me updated on your process!
last night i hopped on for like a hour and i got it a few times bro, i inputed the run after the string and was hitting it alot on sub zero.

Dravum

he isn't a jacqui mainer, he mains johnny, uses raiden, quan and jacqui on the side. someone saying they play em doesnt mean main. i use all characters but im not a main of each of them. i only main Kenshi/Cyrax and have stuck with them.

and on the F12B2 its has to do with the time you press the F12/B2 the speed between them, for some reason this was easy for me, i just got lucky and started off doing it right. but that may be cuz i mastered alot of characters before i picked up that one, learend Run cancels and so on, counter pokes, general footsie tools, and neutral tricks, combos with almost whole cast then picked up raiden. but let me tell you i had alot of characters that i had problems on things that others said was easy to them. like Jacquis 4U4
same with me bro, i main johnny cage but, I play alot of other characters. what system do you play?

Dravum

The best way to execute it is by timing the first press of forward when you hit the b2 then the run is immediate as you press forward and r2 again. As you hit the run try to start the next string instantly. It is really hard to get the feel for, but when you are getting close it will seem like you don't even animate the run, it's like a stutter step. The best way to stay consistent in a match setting is recognizing if you have enough height to make the 3rd f11b2 combo. Once you can tell then you will know if you need to put an ender on the second string. It's almost like a second hit confirm, but more of a height confirm so to speak.

On another note, this guy asked a legitimate question regarding a character that is necessary to play him at the highest level. There's no need to derail this conversation into a fireside chat about the viability of the rest of the cast. Also, telling him to pick a different character or variation does not answer their question. Not throwing shade, but I want to make sure they see the information they need given, as others have stated, there are less and less people playing the mid-tier characters.
you play xbox? add me @Relieve (both are i's) not l and i

MadeOfMetal

You're kinda right but at the same time characters like Tanya got hit pretty hard. I've been a day1 pyro main but I just gravitate towards Kitana and Cassie since Tanya got the treatment.
Don't mistake tier whores for people whose characters got needlessly destroyed.
trust me i know what it is to have a solid character and have scrubbs patch the ever living fuck out of a character before the matchups or tech for said character is even determined: i main Cyrax bro and Kenshi.

Cyrax and CSZ didnt even get a full 3 weeks to live, and One video being posted about possible broken tools got the character nerfed because some Whining Mother fuckers at a tournament said OMG i don't want to learn amatchup, it could be broke. so "Just in Case" my two favorite robots got Castrated. and how the fuck does that happen, how do you have a character new one for 3 weeks and how is it even close to possible that anyone no matter who they are think they can tell you if the character is fair or broken. Thats impossible no way could matchups have been thought out or even tools been compared to every normal and situation between 100+ variations. and they got nerfed to ever living shit.

So id say CSZ and Cyrax got the treatment.

Imagine Tanya losing starters like your Pyro Projectile would not be able to connect off her main Starters. like B31 Pyro projectile(have no clue what its called and mist) would be able to be blocked on hit. yeah imagine that. thats CSZ.

then there is Cyrax, He has always been a Setup Character, in all Previous games his bombs where unblockable, when he was released, i considered Low Bombs and high bombs to be a Huge NERF. that was bullshit. i Raged from that, then BS mother fuckers wanted his bombs to be Mids because they are ignorant fuckers. (thats my view)

I love cyrax, and he is completely fair on this game, if you don't think thst then you really don't know the matchup, and i can 100% explaine why he is: the people saying he is unfair like his HTB's are full of shit.

1. his Setups are Escapable, Period, very escapable by everyone in the cast. and only one thats not does 60% for a bar, and i consider that a damage boost, because he does shit for damage because of Massive nerf he had on 3-29, he LOST 25% meterless then.

2. Hid Setups only work one way, OH to LOW period, you need the Low bomb to hit last to launch them. None of them are true 1 frame links anymore, at least the actrusal setups are not. this is because there is a huge gap before he hits you with the HTB. and i don't consider it an actual HTB not like Tekads or other characters for that matter, they can mix it up like LOW-OH or OH-Low Cyrax does not do this. so its only one way to block it, not Unblockable.

3. HTB's are his way of making his bombs worth while, they are hella slow, and punishable on thier own, must be used in combo and have over a second of Recovery yes that is right, over 1 Entire Second of Recovery. name moves that are 1 Second or more of Recovery, Kenshi has Projectiles that are 50 frames recovery and we complaine about how shit they are, well Cyrax bombs are 70+ frames of recovery.
Since he does not have UNBLOCKABLE Bombs in this game, HTB OH to LOW setups are his way of doing what he used to. and they intended this and stated they did. the thing is they are fair because they are
Escapable by Entire Cast with either Backdash/Armor Techroll into Backdash/Armor. and thats a fact. there are HTB combos we use that do 55% for a bar, but damn thats nothing in this game. Kitana does 60% meterless midscreen. and many more do even more than that. Kitana and Cyrax are very similar Bad Neutral and long combos, Except Cyrax gets no damage from his. While hers just Stacks and stckas the Damage(so noone is mistaken i dfo not want Kitana NERFED at all)

How to Stop Cyrax Setups with anyone.

How to beat Cyrax anywhere, Out zone him, his Zoning is Garbage compared to rest of cast, Run through his bombs Block net and punish it for full combo almost half screen. his only goos zomning tool is with Meter called EX buzzsaw! and then when you get in he has No Mids they wiff and act like Highs, so Just beat his Shgit Neutral up close, so you should be able to beat him close up and Far away. and his only good Neutral option is Teleport for a bar and it only does 11% and is punishable, he does no damage meterless so Mustard suggested giving him Launching Telport again this time he keeps armor.

MadeOfMetal

same with me bro, i main johnny cage but, I play alot of other characters. what system do you play?
Xbox One. id love to play ya bro. just Add me :r(cH3 MadeOfMetal):lis my Gamer Tag.

As long as you are cool and respectful ill play ya. thats why i don't accept Request from others i don't know. if they are cool peps ill play 50+ sets with them in a row to get better. l;earn shit and have fun.

Dravum

Xbox One. id love to play ya bro. just Add me :r(cH3 MadeOfMetal):lis my Gamer Tag.

As long as you are cool and respectful ill play ya. thats why i don't accept Request from others i don't know. if they are cool peps ill play 50+ sets with them in a row to get better. l;earn shit and have fun.
yeah bro im cool and respectful as long as the other person is cool and respectful.

MadeOfMetal

and my Mains are Cyrax and Kenshi Balanced which is shit cuz they have alot of problems with most of cast. i need to pick up Mileena again, since She is like the Best in the game, but is pretty Fair doesn't really have anything Truley Broken a good example of making a bad character good without dirty tools. she does need slight adjustments like B12 needs an additional 8 frames of Recovery and needs to be -5 on block. and her Ball Roll needs a Hit-Box/Hurt-Box Adjustment. her Hurtbox the thing you need to hit, is very very sm,all inside her ball during roll, and her Hitbox thet thing that hits you during roll is surrounding her Body during roll, because this, that move breaks the game and overrides certain OKI moves that are ment to stuff normal wakeups and moves that are ment to Break armor wakeups. she is allowed to just Roll Free because she ignores normal game mechanics by Going through Some Mids/Lows/and Overheads with that wierd Hitb ox/Hurtbox on her Ballroll. Other than that she is very Fair character.