What's new

Question - Raiden little help with three f12b2?

AbeW

Noob
Half the things you just mentioned (when/where you use ex klawswipe in a combo for example) apply to nearly every variation in the game.

Watch a few high level kitana mains. And before the attempted blowup, I'm not suggesting she is especially rough execution wise, she isn't.

My point is that she has so many situational modifiers in her combos all related to screen position, whether you've used ex fan or not, whether the combo started with a ground fan launcher or an air fan, whether the corner carry was sufficient to modify the combo on the fly to take advantage of a second air fan, whether you go for the unbreakable damage, etc. you can find two good kitana players that do completely different combos and net the same damage. And that applies to a shit ton of characters in this game.

I don't buy that nimble reptile is the most complicated variation in the game, neither in terms of execution or gameplan. If he is, you've not really explained sufficiently why he is.
That was just one one word i threw out with the KlawSwipe. I can't get into all his tech. But that took us to the word "situational modifiers", and that's one key word here. Try to get a feel for how many fold more in "permutations" you will encounter when you couple "basilisk" enabled situational modifiers with non-basilisk. (Basilisk = slows opponent down, speeds the lizard up, in essence, basilisk modifies the temporal line, think about what this means). The only usage you see of basilisk is when simpleton nimbles use meter burn basilisk midcombo to increase damage output. Ilgenowski's expanding the frontier with some basilisk based setups. Basilisk can be used for a variety of things outside of this (with or without meterburn) 'situationally' and can be tailored carefully to exploit and/or adjust individual strengths/weaknesses of the different characters in the cast.

In essence, basilisk is a unique tool that modifies time itself! In layman words, while the rest of the cast are tied to spatial awareness and timing of the players pushing buttons, Nimble adds another variable (intentional modification of time in the game itself).

There's perhaps a reason reptiles who made it to the top 8 (Milky) or Ofidyan, who beat the crap out of Perfect Legend's Lao (not an easy task) decided to go with Noxious instead and kept it simpler at that level of gaming for those matchups. But, the sophistication of Nimble has to be definitely appreciated by any enthusiast level gamer.

Last edited:

P3irce

Noob
The correct input if you want to get it down consistently "in game" is

F12B2 RUN CANCEL F12B2 RUN CANCEL F12B2 ....into whatever else you wanna do. There are 2 run cancels involved.
I wasn't even asking about triple f12b2 / thanks for responding to post from September lmao

AbeW

Noob
Another quick thing to note on this guys is....the first run cancel is just a quick stutter...on the second run cancel, you run a tad bit longer. The distance between opponent and you after the 2nd f12b2 is larger than after the 1st f12b2. It is indeed a screwy combo if you're dealing with online lag.

TheRealOnlyGoonie

Hey You Guys
Another quick thing to note on this guys is....the first run cancel is just a quick stutter...on the second run cancel, you run a tad bit longer. The distance between opponent and you after the 2nd f12b2 is larger than after the 1st f12b2. It is indeed a screwy combo if you're dealing with online lag.
QUICK STUTTER???