What's new

Combo List - Kotal Kahn List of the entire cast's Overhead & Low sword punishes

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Kano can punish overhead sword with run~F4, haven't tested low sword yet.

Tweedy

Noob
If executed properly, run up F4 totally punishes for Shinnok.

With this i'd say that War God definitely loses to both Imposter and Boneshaper.

:(

Edit: Overhead sword specifically. Haven't tested low sword yet.

Tweedy

Noob
I assumed that this would be fully updated when trying to prove Zoidberg wrong in that Alien thread, however, it's not.

Kenshi, B1 punishes both for a full combo.

Takeda can punish both in Lasher with D+F1. In SR he can punish the low sword with F3, in Ronin he can punish the OH with B2 and the low with F3, again.

Quan can punish with scoop in Warlock.

Piercing Mileena can b12 both for a full combo.

Erron command grab punishes both, not just the OH.

Shinnok's F4 can punish the OH, shoulder punishes the low.

Ermac's lift can punish both.

Sonya's F2 punishes both.

D'vorah's F1 punishes both.

Kung Jin's B1 punishes both.

Kung Lao's F23 punishes both.

Reptile's F2 punishes both.

Tarkatan Alien can punish all with rekkas. Not sure about his other punishes as I don't play the other variations and haven't tested F1. I'm sure snag punishes as well.

I'm probably missing a couple that I couldn't remember off the top of my head. You can test all of these and the ones already in the OP @Zoidberg747.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
If someone can post a tournament (or even online) set where Kotal's low sword is punished 100% of the time, I'll believe its consistently punishable. Until that point I won't. I know what is SUPPOSED to punish it with most characters but it never happens 100% of the time because it creates such a small window that it turns into a frame perfect punish. If someone can post a video though i'll hold that.