What's new

Combo List - Kotal Kahn List of the entire cast's Overhead & Low sword punishes

RyuuJin882

Twitch.tv/ryuujin882
Kano can do better than IAB. He can punish the oh with standing 1. 112 into any full combo.

Also question, since the oh is the only option that can't be broken with armor...if I try to armor though oh will I take the hit or remain in block stun?

mkl

Poopbutt.
Kano can do better than IAB. He can punish the oh with standing 1. 112 into any full combo.

Also question, since the oh is the only option that can't be broken with armor...if I try to armor though oh will I take the hit or remain in block stun?
It depends on how bad you fuck up your input for the reversal. You SHOULD remain in block stun but I've seen many people not return to blocking fast enough and eat the attack.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
@Qwark28 - I assume this list was compiled before the blockstun adjustments in the August patch? Because this list seems somewhat un-optimal.

STRYKIE

Idk of that change. I'd update the list if people provide punishes.
Alright well, I tested both the low and overhead sword cancelled from the B122 string since it's the most common use of them these days, and here's what I got:

Mileena can punish both with B12 in Piercing and B22 in Ethereal/Ravenous

Cassie can punish the OH with a slight run into B12, and just a raw B12 on the low

Kung Lao can punish with F23xxSpecial (F2 Hat Spin in Tempest whiffs when punishing the OH)

Jax seems to be the only one hindered by the adjustments as he can now ONLY punish with F3.

That's just a few examples, probably best to put a disclaimer in the OP saying that it might not be the best punish for each character.

STRYKIE

Is that not a thing? Do I need to learn to RT? :(
It is a thing, but it's the most garbage thing you could possibly do with Ninjutsu Scorpion. You can punish OH sword relatively easily with F2 or a slight run into F3.

Tested with the entire cast in the variations that would make sense to be able to punish. This means I didn't test e.g wrestler Jax or dualist Liu and so on and so forth so some obscure punishers may not be included in this list. Every character in the game bar Mileena can punish the overhead sword, certain characters can punish the low sword depending on the distance.

Subzero - F4 punishes OH, Slide all.

Mileena - Can't punish anything.

Cassie - Punishes OH with IAGS, can't punish with B1.

Jacquie - Force rush, Gauntlet strike, gunshots all punish OH and Low sword.

Kung Jin - UF Instant air divekick, punishes OH sword.

Kung Lao - UF Instant air divekick, non-tempest EX spin.

Scorpion - Ninjutsu F2 punishes the OH. @Vagrant "Scorpion in hellfire can do F3 FBRC f3 spear. "

Kitana - [] Boost punishes both, throat slice the overhead and the low only if the low is done at close range

Kenshi - Flurry, both.

Jax - Bugged, he gets almost no pushback on block whenever he blocks the overhead, only one in the entire cast, punishes overhead with 11/dash punch/DP, DP punishes a close range low sword too.

Shinnok - Shoulder punishes both, F2 punishes the OH.

Kano - IAB

Johnny - F3 punishes the OH, shadow kick and flipkick punish both, stunt double gets a full combo punish.

Eren Black - Slide and command throw punish the overhead, the low is safe.

Goro - Chest lunge

Liu Kang - Low fire, Dragon kick punish the close low and OH at any range.

Ermac - Soul charge/IASC punish both.

Reptle - Slide and Dash punish both.

F/Torr - Boss toss punishes the OH and the close low.

D'Vorah - Ovipositor punishers a close/mid range low and OH.

Raiden - EX Shocker punishes both, Superman punishes OH and Low unless former's done at max range.

Quan - Rune punishes the OH, can't follow up with trance because of awkward distance, B2 trance also punishes but not B2 rune also because of awkward distance where both close and mid runes whiff.

Sonya - F2 punishes the OH sword. Super tight window.

Tanya - F2 and EX teleport in all variations @Zoidberg747

I don't have DLC characters.

@Hidan @UltraDavid @Mr Aqua @KeyserSoze @Crayraven @STB Hellbringer
@RYX
@MsMiharo @BigMilk @Hassun
Erron can punish the low (db2) with 21122

Last edited: