What's new

Guide List of strings interruptible by Icy Counter

I remember a thread being here before the great Data Loss, one that gave knowledge of strings that can be interrupted by CSZ's Parry. This is what I can recall:

Asterisks (*) denote where in the string CSZ's Parry can interrupt.

Raiden: B+3,*1,*2 and 3,3,*4.

Quan Chi: B+3,*1+2.

Kung Lao: 2,4,*1+2. and 21212 *(any of the finishers)

Kitana: F+4,*1.

Cyrax: 2,1,*2.

CSZ: 3,3,*2.

Sub-Zero: 2,1,*2 and B+1,*2,*1.

Scorpion: 3,3,*4 and the second hit of Flameport. (First hit must be neutral-crouched)

Smoke: 3,*2.

Jax: B+1,*2,*4.

Reptile: Second Hit of Reptilian Elbow ( :ex Elbow Dash)

Baraka: B+3,1,*F+1.

Kabal: B+1,*2,1.

Nightwolf: F+3,*1,2.

Kano: B+1,1,*2 and F+3,*2.

Stryker: B+3, *2 and B+2, *F+2

Freddy: B+1, *2, *U+1 and B+2, *4, and F+2,1, *4 and F+4,2,*1

Skarlet: B+2, *4 and B+1,1,*F+4 and F+3,1,*2

Thanks to you good fellows on the Cyber Subby sub-forum for providing this information!

so i guess he cant do anything about johny cage???
He can parry Johnny's attacks after getting hit by a poke of his because of Icy Counter's one-frame startup. Cyber Subby has some frames to react to a poke and hope Johnny tries to go for normal blockstring pressure and eats the parry. Cage will only recieve 8%, so it isn't anything for him to fear unless you take your risks and execute a Frozen Parry for a full combo.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
GuamoKun - doesn't D1~Freeze or D1~Standing 1, B22 etc. connect when interrupting Scorp's EX Tele? I haven't really played the matchup as CSZ but he should be able to get some sort of combo punish. Parrying it seems kinda pointless unless you're trying to avoid getting chipped out.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
GuamoKun - doesn't D1~Freeze or D1~Standing 1, B22 etc. connect when interrupting Scorp's EX Tele? I haven't really played the matchup as CSZ but he should be able to get some sort of combo punish. Parrying it seems kinda pointless unless you're trying to avoid getting chipped out.
It's cool to do. With CSZ swag points are everything