What's new

List of Brutalities and Taunts and Where to Get Them

Hi all,

Does anyone know if a list of character's Brutalities and Taunts, and where to acquire them, was ever made? I'm guessing no.

Of the four characters I play, I have a few outstanding for three of them, and I'm not getting anything from character rewards in Towers any longer.

Not the end of the world if I can't get these kosmetic items, but I'd like them.

Zviko

Noob
I believe for all characters in the base roster and DLC till Joker, unless they changed it, everything can be unlocked through brutal difficulty towers. If you don't get stuff for them there anymore then those were KL rewards which you'll have to wait for The Krypt event I think. All the other DLC's after Joker for some reason can't unlock everything through brutal difficulty towers. Those you have to wait for their actual tower in ToT rotation.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
You could check the Krypt guides, and make sure you've opened or acquired all the pertinent chests. I think if you go to the character customization screen it usually tells you where/how the brutality or taunt is acquired. That should at least narrow it down to either being a krypt item, tower, story mode unlock, or whatever.

I believe for all characters in the base roster and DLC till Joker, unless they changed it, everything can be unlocked through brutal difficulty towers. If you don't get stuff for them there anymore then those were KL rewards which you'll have to wait for The Krypt event I think. All the other DLC's after Joker for some reason can't unlock everything through brutal difficulty towers. Those you have to wait for their actual tower in ToT rotation.
Ah, see that I haven't tried: Brutal Towers I mean. I shall have to give that a go. What changes in the difficulty via Brutal Difficulty?

You could check the Krypt guides, and make sure you've opened or acquired all the pertinent chests. I think if you go to the character customization screen it usually tells you where/how the brutality or taunt is acquired. That should at least narrow it down to either being a krypt item, tower, story mode unlock, or whatever.
As far as I know, the Krypt is all good for these, and they were post-launch items added. For example, I'm missing one for Kitana, which was added several months after launch. Not sure if it's a Brutality or a Taunt. Sadly, it does not list where they're found in the Kustomization tab.

For the Krypt though, I am still missing a fair bit of concept art. I think that's the case for everyone though.

Zviko

Noob
Ah, see that I haven't tried: Brutal Towers I mean. I shall have to give that a go. What changes in the difficulty via Brutal Difficulty?
It's just a harder version of the same fight, AI is better but the rewards are as well. It says in the rewards you get skin or gear for the character you choose but you can also get taunts and brutalities. Also if I remember correctly you can't click rematch if you lose which means you have to go to towers again and try again which is a bit annoying and all konsumables you equipped for the fight are gone too.

Another thing I forgot is Aftermath expansion and the gear that was added with it. I believe you can only get those through that story but I'm guessing you played through it already.

It's just a harder version of the same fight, AI is better but the rewards are as well. It says in the rewards you get skin or gear for the character you choose but you can also get taunts and brutalities. Also if I remember correctly you can't click rematch if you lose which means you have to go to towers again and try again which is a bit annoying and all konsumables you equipped for the fight are gone too.

Another thing I forgot is Aftermath expansion and the gear that was added with it. I believe you can only get those through that story but I'm guessing you played through it already.
Cool, and correct, all Story Modes completed.

I'm basically missing 1 Brutality or Taunt for Kitana, 2 for Sub-Zero, and 2 for Jade. All added post-launch as far as I know.

for an up-to-date list of all available brutalities and taunts you can check my finishers faq on gamefaqs: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/253573-mortal-kombat-11/faqs/78159
i do not note how they can be obtained though, because i don't consider this feasible due to the variety of methods of unlocking them (boss towers on brutal difficulty/character towers/other towers of time/krypt/kombat league).
Thank you, very cool! So now I know I'm missing the "Good Night" Back Throw Brutality for Kitana. Sadly, the two Finishers each that I'm missing for Sub-Zero and Jade, respectively, are absent from your list. Perhaps they were very newly added?

Zviko

Noob
Thank you, very cool! So now I know I'm missing the "Good Night" Back Throw Brutality for Kitana.
This one is from Kombat League few months ago. You'll have to wait forever for The Krypt event. I didn't unlock Scorpion's spear brutality when it was in KL like 10 months ago and I don't think it showed up anywhere yet. But I haven't really looked in a while either so I'm not 100% sure.

drewrman

There is no knowledge that is not power.
Thank you, very cool! So now I know I'm missing the "Good Night" Back Throw Brutality for Kitana. Sadly, the two Finishers each that I'm missing for Sub-Zero and Jade, respectively, are absent from your list. Perhaps they were very newly added?
kitana's brutality was from season 18 of kombat league and can't be obtained in other ways for now. the sub-zero & jade finishers you mention in all likelihood can't be unlocked yet.

This one is from Kombat League few months ago. You'll have to wait forever for The Krypt event. I didn't unlock Scorpion's spear brutality when it was in KL like 10 months ago and I don't think it showed up anywhere yet. But I haven't really looked in a while either so I'm not 100% sure.
Ah, okay, that makes sense then. I don't play Kombat League as I believe you know, so I'm missing most of the Kombat League skins, gear, etc. I didn't realize Brutalities were added to that game mode as well.