What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero List of all B2 Punishes

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I have changed SZ around A LOT. He plays different what others are doing because almost all of them got it from an out dated guide not based around the current characters or meta.
Holy crap you are cocky. Like I appreciate all the work you did for this character and all the tech you share, but to act like all the SZ mains out there are just sheep confusedly following your outdated guide which was mostly just very basic BnBs and frame data anyway is pushing it a little. People have done a ton of work on SZ as well, sorry if you didn't realise just because we didn't make a bait and switch tech video everytime we worked out that something doesn't work.

Tom Brady helping everyone level up to punish Sub-Zero before Evo? :p
Meh anyone who doesn't know how to punish this with their own character at this point of the game isnt dominating Evo anyway

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
Holy crap you are cocky. Like I appreciate all the work you did for this character and all the tech you share, but to act like all the SZ mains out there are just sheep confusedly following your outdated guide which was mostly just very basic BnBs and frame data anyway is pushing it a little. People have done a ton of work on SZ as well, sorry if you didn't realise just because we didn't make a bait and switch tech video everytime we worked out that something doesn't work.

Meh anyone who doesn't know how to punish this with their own character at this point of the game isnt dominating Evo anyway
I stated that they probably wouldn't be evo worthy in another post lol. And to be fair to Tom, if you watched his stream he himself said his guide was outdated. lol

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
@Tom Brady there is no B13 in Cutthroat, and I can't think of what string you could be referring to. B13 is in Cyber and Commando. In Cutthroat you have to either EX Upball or EX Kano Ball cancel for combo depending on the move and distance.

B1 in Cutthroat is an OH that doesn't "punish" anything in the game because of the broken hitbox. It'll alway whiff.

Great thread though man.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
If you're even slightly close to the clone you can still punish with F3 from Jax due to its phantom hitbox.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Kotal does F1B2, B122 and B14 don't give anything over 18% without meter.

Clone out he can do EX OSS.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
can't his b2 just have like a million -frames on block like raiden's b2 so we don't need this kind of threads?

I'm not insulting you, any of you. I'm saying I have evolved the character past what others are doing.

Now I remembered why I was so done with SZ players in MK9. You guys post your tech, ill leave this forum alone.

Oh well, at least I can ex fade.

Good stuff Tom.

Edit: Actually can't escape with ex fade, Mileena freezes from ice clone.

Last edited:

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I'm not insulting you, any of you. I'm saying I have evolved the character past what others are doing.

Now I remembered why I was so done with SZ players in MK9. You guys post your tech, ill leave this forum alone.
I'm sure everyone would like your input on things that are posted in the sub forums.

And I, for one, would like to know how you're playing the character now.

Can Quan Chi not punish B2?
No...

With clone out you can reversal clone MB rune. He has to block it or BD. If he blocks it, clone goes away and you get the 50/50. If he back dashes you have breathing room. Make sure you confirm the first rune is blocked so as to not lose the bar of meter for nothing.

With no clone you can get a B2~mb rune check but its tricky. If you B2 right away, he can BD it. If you perfectly delay your B2 he must block it but too much of a delay and he can poke you before B2 makes contact. You can always use the reversal rune check like you do in situations with the clone out.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I don't have access to my PS4 right now so I can't test, but Quan Chi should be able to full combo punish in Warlock with EX Portal Scoop now that it's 11 frame startup right?

Can A mod please close this thread and move it to the netherrealm. Already edited the OP so there is no info left. Thanks