What's new

List of Ability Names for the 3rd MK11 Variations

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
I watched the patch notes show and went through everyone's move list to find what the actual names for the abilities that are part of the third Variation are, and I found as many as I could. Some abilities they weren't very clear on so I can't tell what abilities they are. I also tried to include as many of the changes that they noted, and those will be in parentheses.

All MK11 Characters’ Third Variation Abilities

Shang Tsung: New Ability - Contains Force Lift (Ermac), Shake (Smoke), Slide (Reptile), and Super Kick (Rain).
Shao Kahn: Contains Skewered, Spear Charge, and
Frost: Contains Ice Auger, (Air) Icequake, and Core Overload.
Nightwolf: Contains Spirit Tracks, Ancestral Hunter, and Lightning Arrow.

Johnny Cage: Contains High Forceball (lower arc), Low Fireball (lower arc), and Rising Star.
Sonya Blade: Contains Summon K.A.T. Turret and Turret Trauma.
Cassie Cage: Contains BLB-118 Bullet Ricochet, Air BLB-118 Advanceb
Jax: Gains Lethal Clap (Now has a third level at max level which pops up for combos), Enhanced Outranked (Now has both a high and overhead ender), and Ground Shatter.

Scorpion: Contains Misery Blade and (Air) Sin Blade.
Noob Saibot: Contains Sickle Snag, (Air) Shadow Dive, and Sickle Toss.
Baraka: Contains Baraka-Serker, Leg Kabob, and Blade Charge.
Raiden: Contains Lightning Rod and Jo Push (Input Changed).
Jacqui Briggs: Contains Enhanced Air Blast, Bionic Bounce, and (Air) Ground Pound.
Sub-Zero: Contains Arctic Trap, Creeping Ice (faster startup), and a potentially unknown ability.

Kano: Contains Snake Bite and Optic Blast.
Kabal: Contains Gas Blast and Low Spinner, and Hook Grab.
Liu Kang: Contains Shaolin Vanish, Kusari Slam (Now can be executed from Nunchaku Stance), and Nunchaku Stance.
Kitana: Contains Low Fan Toss, Edenian Twist, and Fan-Nado.
Kung Lao: Contains Spiritual Guidance (faster startup on all moves and additional Krushing Blow on the Spiritual Guidance Stance move “”), Vortex (faster startup)
Jade: Contains Deadly Assassin, Vanishing Winds (increased damage), and Divine Forces

Skarlet: Contains Boiling Point, Krimson Shield, and Red Mist.
Erron Black: Contains Acid Pour (Faster animation and Krushing Blow is now on the non-enhanced version) and Netherbeast Trap.
D'Vorah: Fly, Bombardier Beetle, and Flipping Out
Kotal Kahn: Contains Directed Rays, and Flying Glow Kick, Amocualli Totem [Increased Damage Dealt], and Teoyohtica Totem [Decreased Damage Taken].

Geras: Reverse Time and Sand Simulacrum
Kollector: War-Guoit Toss and Relic Pull
Cetrion: Contains Conflux of Elements and Deadly Winds​

Last edited:

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Baraka: Contains Baraka-Serker and Blade Charge.
And Leg Kabob

Kabal: Contains Gas Blast and Nomad Spin (and another ability I don’t know, referred to as a combo starter).
Hook Grab (grabs out of air) high damage combos.

Kotal Kahn: Contains Grand Discus, Amocualli Totem [Increased Damage Dealt], and Teoyohtica Totem [Decreased Damage Taken].
Directed Rays not Grand Discus
Has restands.

Kollector: War-Quoit Toss
And Relic Pull.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
He said extra staff combos for jade? Will the jade community finally stop crying? The world may never know!

Would have preferred to simply have Vial added to War Quoit Toss and Relic Lure, instead of the War Quoit KB being changed to something different.

Setting it up or deciding not to set it up and just letting your opponent chill in the flames (occassionally keeping them there with Mace or Relic Lure) was fun. Losing Spare Change's Ability to throw Vial in the air would have made it different enough.

If War Toss is a 2 slot like Ketchup wants, that makes it even more disappointing because now I can't play that Variation anymore in Kasual. At least Baraka has Leg Kabob+Baraka-serker and Blade Charge.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
hmmm so whats the point of relic lure with war quiot??? what are the benefits of relic lure? other then a pop up... :confused:

LawAbidingCitizen

hmmm so whats the point of relic lure with war quiot??? what are the benefits of relic lure? other then a pop up... :confused:
Its -6 on block and it launches
Its a good option to throw in on the end of strings that are less safe like F3
Destroyer has a video up using it in a custom and he was very effective using it.

I'm still not sure what the third ability is, if there is one. On the KK they just said that Shao Kahn got "all of his spear moves." I only know of those two.

@LawAbidingCitizen
@xInfra Deadx
@Morgan the pilgrim
@Zimbobweigh

Edited based on your feedback. Thank you.
I asked Stephanie so I'll have to wait but I couldn't find it anywhere on her twitter or KK.

LawAbidingCitizen

LawAbidingCitizen

U sure know ur way with words :D
I try to make her feel better knowing that many on redding and twitter has treated her like shit. Even though I'm Bi I don't have half the courage she did with coming out publicly in a huge community she couldn't walk away from.
I feel like its harder for a transgender to come out than it is to admit sexual orientation. At least in my case its easier. I can't imagine feeling like I'm stuck in the wrong body and the majority feeling I'm the opposite if what I feel.

But anyways props to her, we wouldn't know anything about any variation except a few if she didn't post every variation on twitter

Spektor

Noob
Did they clarify kotal's? I heard them say "amplified disk and the other two totems". There are three totems left though and does she mean Grand Discuss or Directed Rays?

LawAbidingCitizen

Did they clarify kotal's? I heard them say "amplified disk and the other two totems". There are three totems left though and does she mean Grand Discuss or Directed Rays?
Its Directed Rays + Damage Totem + Damage reduction totem.
His frame data will be different, those specials will be adjusted and from what I've seen is he can get extra damage by placing two DMG totems then a 3rd separately because it multiplys the stacks so he can get 40-70% legit and I seen someone do restands with him on twitter.

travis

Noob
I watched the patch notes show and went through everyone's move list to find what the actual names for the abilities that are part of the third Variation are, and I found as many as I could. Some abilities they weren't very clear on so I can't tell what abilities they are. I also tried to include as many of the changes that they noted, and those will be in parentheses.

Shang Tsung: New Ability - Contains Force Lift (Ermac), Shake (Smoke), Slide (Reptile), and Super Kick (Rain).

Johnny Cage: Contains High Forceball (lower arc), Low Fireball (lower arc), and Rising Star.
Jax: Gains Lethal Clap (Now has a third level at max level which pops up for combos), Enhanced Outranked (Now has both a high and overhead ender), and Ground Shatter.

Jacqui Briggs: Contains Enhanced Air Blast, Bionic Bounce, and (Air) Ground Pound.
Sub-Zero: Contains Arctic Trap, Creeping Ice (faster startup), and a potentially unknown ability.

Liu Kang: Contains Shaolin Vanish, Kusari Slam (Now can be executed from Nunchaku Stance), and Nunchaku Stance.
Kung Lao: Contains Spiritual Guidance (faster startup on all moves and additional Krushing Blow on the Spiritual Guidance Stance move “”), Vortex (faster startup)
Jade: Contains Deadly Assassin, Vanishing Winds (increased damage), and Divine Forces

Erron Black: Contains Acid Pour (Faster animation and Krushing Blow is now on the non-enhanced version) and Netherbeast Trap.
Kotal Kahn: Contains Directed Rays, and Flying Glow Kick, Amocualli Totem [Increased Damage Dealt], and Teoyohtica Totem [Decreased Damage Taken].

Kollectors new variation still leaves him an empty slot... which doesnt make sense to me.

Spektor

Noob
Kollectors new variation still leaves him an empty slot... which doesnt make sense to me.
I think they are making Chakram into a 2 slot move, just a guess but Id bet money on it. At least they changed the KB requiremnt so you don't need to be standing in Vial of Sorrow flames anymore.