What's new

Limitless Mode/Kill The Variations

So there has always been a lot of talk about allowing custom variations in online play, but something I’ve been thinking about as this game’s hype waxes and wanes, is how you all (and the rest of the community) would feel about a Limitless Mode that would allow not just custom variations, but also the option to have EVERY.AVAILABLE.MOVE accessible to the characters simultaneously. I understand this would take some tweaking, as I believe some moves across variations share inputs, but with a little work, and a little re-learning of the new inputs on our part, it could be done.

I personally feel like this could have the potential to “save the meta”, and reintroduce a bit of CHAOS that the Mortal Kombat series has always been known for, and that this game has been seriously lacking. In fact, with the constant rumors of Havik becoming a DLC staple, tie the mode in to his release, call it CHAOS MODE! Have a little animated intro where Havik discusses dumping us (the player) into the Chaos Realm during some grand scheme of his, in an epic breaking of 4th wall, Deadpool-style.

I just saved your game, you’re welcome NRS.

I initially thought I would hate that, but then realized you’d get access to all KBs as well as your armor break no matter what...

Maybe through the chaos, we can actually find balance?

TBH, I’m all for broken stuff, as long as everyone is equally broken.

I would love this even tho I think certain characters would come out overwhelmingly dominant. Still would be fun to see which ones do tho. It would kinda be like MK9 tag matches where its broken as fuck but still fun, in a weird messy way.

That said I don't think it will ever happen because this game is designed for variations, what with moves sharing inputs like you mentioned.