What's new

Tech Lex's Inescapable Reset Loop (FoS only)

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Joker and Lex for no.1 corner game? ban this setup if u truly have found a way to make it ineascapeable ;/

Read the post directly above yours. I figured out how to prevent pushblocks.

Just to clarify, an infinite is when there is absolutely no way to get out.

So saying it is almost an infinite is kind of confusing because you can say that about a ton of things.

I dig this setup though.
Sorry about the confusion- I'll be updating the original post in a few days with new details.

I have figured out how to prevent this from being push-blocked so there should be no way out now.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
This can only be done in FoS.

Rev0lver's MB probes / Trait / Lance Blast reset can be done on any stage, but it's tough to set up because you have to already have trait active since normally you can't get it mid-combo.

The same rules with which character get out of the FoS setup apply to that as well.
can't it be done in metropolis with the machine gun? I would think it possible, unless it doesn't reach that far?

JDM

Noob
Read the post directly above yours. I figured out how to prevent pushblocks.

Sorry about the confusion- I'll be updating the original post in a few days with new details.

I have figured out how to prevent this from being push-blocked so there should be no way out now.

It is *not* an infinite. Why do you have trouble grasping this? Even @rev0lver said this is more of an inescapable reset than anything.

I'm normally not this anal about things like this but a lot of people on TYM say terribly inaccurate things and I'd like to clear them up before people start taking them as fact.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
It is *not* an infinite. Why do you have trouble grasping this? Even @rev0lver said this is more of an inescapable reset than anything.

I'm normally not this anal about things like this but a lot of people on TYM say terribly inaccurate things and I'd like to clear them up before people start taking them as fact.
I think most of us get what you're saying, but it's somewhat more than a reset in that you can loop it, as long as there's a way to keep everything while avoiding pushblocks. Because it's metered it's obviously not a real infinite. But speaking of which @LtLuthor how much meter do you need to break 100%? I'm guessing Lex might be able to build a bar during it anyway.

also

Dude, when this gets hit in tournament..... kreygasm...
I hit the normal non-fortress one on JRosa offstream at apex lol. but idk if he even knew what was going on anyway

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
can't it be done in metropolis with the machine gun? I would think it possible, unless it doesn't reach that far?
iirc you can't use it in the corner. either way i don't think there's enough time to get mines out.

Reactions: RYX
@LtLuthor how much meter do you need to break 100%? I'm guessing Lex might be able to build a bar during it anyway.
For the push-blockable setup that's in the original post, you can start with only 1 bar of meter and will build enough meter by the end to break 100%. Then again, if you use a low starter, you'll need 2 bars to begin with since you have to combo off b13.

For the setup that is immune to push block, if you want to break 100% I think you'll need to start with 2-3 bars, because you get less damage off the moves, and I find I'm having to cut some out entirely later in the combo or else the opponent won't be knocked directly into the mine.

But in practical terms, if you start this with 2 bars of meter, you are guaranteed to get around 75 %. 1 bar for the starter at most, another bar for a MB Probe reset, and then a regular guaranteed Probe/Charged Lance Blast at the end- should kill most of the time.

No problem. I'll just change the thread title:

"Lex's Inescapable Reset that can be Looped until the Opponent's Entire Lifebar is Gone"

RYX

BIG PUSHER
iirc you can't use it in the corner. either way i don't think there's enough time to get mines out.
are you sure? i would think that instead of the delay from the fos ray-gun thing, you could just cancel it into whatever

i wanna try this, but i can't find my copy of the game :(

Gankula

Noob
You can do the mini gun in the corner, I think you just have to be Max range or else the gun won't light up, however it doesn't give enough time to set this up :(

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
@LtLuthor sorry if I'm missing something obvious but how is this difficult to get out of? Can't they just block low or high and eat the level 2 and the probes? Because to my knowledge it's not possible to combo off full charged lance without mines.

@LtLuthor sorry if I'm missing something obvious but how is this difficult to get out of? Can't they just block low or high and eat the level 2 and the probes? Because to my knowledge it's not possible to combo off full charged lance without mines.
It can be gotten out of by pushblocking the probe hits.

However it's a level 3 lance blast, not a level 2. So it's unblockable.

Also, you can prevent an opponent from pushblocking out of it (however this makes it so you can only get a single reset instead of multiple), by not canceling your trait charge into dash. Instead, just charge to level 1 standing, and do a d2 xx MB probes after you've u3'd them into the mine. It puts just enough distance to prevent them from pushblocking but still has them in range of the lance blast charge. ** also, this interactible may have been nerfed recently, so I'm not even sure if this setup still works at all **

Last edited:

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
It can be gotten out of by pushblocking the probe hits.

However it's a level 3 lance blast, not a level 2. So it's unblockable.
Yeah but if you do level 3 the 2 probe hits would have it first so it ends the combo and no longer loops doesn't it?

Yeah but if you do level 3 the 2 probe hits would have it first so it ends the combo and no longer loops doesn't it?
No. The trick is to release as soon as Upwards Lance Blast hits level 3. Do not wait for it to fire automatically.

You do not have to wait and hold it the entire time for it to reach level 3. There's a time in between when the lance blast gets to level 3 charge and when it forces you to shoot if you keep holding it. You're able to get off a level 3 lance blast just in time to juggle off the probe hits. That is what is happening in the video.