What's new

Tech Lex's Inescapable Reset Loop (FoS only)

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Correct me if I'm wrong, can't Aquaman wake-up scoop out of it?
Like he won't get a full combo because of probe, but I'm pretty sure it would stop the reset.

Well if I can't figuure out how to deal with pushblocks, EVERYONE might get out of this.

So far there's no really good way to deal with an opponent who pushblock's the probe.

However, they are at a very large frame disadvantage if they pushblock through Lex's armor, and this gives the Lex player a guaranteed follow-up 50/50.

I'll update the original post with this info hopefully by tonight, including a variant I have of this that works as a sort of "double vortex"

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
How does it deal with people who have two hit wake-ups? Or teleports like Ares?
What about people who have projectile invuln? Armor breaking?
What about people like Raven who can absorb it?
What about people like Grundy who armor through it?

Seems like theres quite a few people who can get out of it.

I mean a good amount of the cast has the means to knock Lex over with their wake-ups two hits meaning even if the probes hit they won't matter much barring stripping a bar off of the lex player for minimal damage.

How does it deal with people who have two hit wake-ups?
It varies based on the startup, and how fast the second hit comes. I say Deathstroke's sword flip gets out of it because it has armor that makes it hard to interrupt it before the second hit with the lance blast, though it is completely possible to stuff it anyway. Also, because of the way Sword Flip moves Deathstroke forward, it kinda messes up Lex's position for the rest of it.

For example:

Wake up bow spin. Andddd I'm out
Nope, this gets blown up :) It doesn't hit twice fast enough so the Lex player can easily have the Lance Blast released before the bow spin has hit twice.

[/quote]

Or teleports like Ares?
Teleports such as Ares and Scorpion get out of the infinite, but are punished by a full combo. MMH's can easily be hit out of startup. Not sure about Batgirl or Zatanna.

What about people who have projectile invuln? Armor breaking?
Venom gets out of this.

What about people like Raven who can absorb it?
Either the first probe hit or the Lance Blast launches you, and then the second probe hit juggles you. So because Raven can't absorb BOTH the Lance Blast and the first probe hit, she cannot get out of it.

What about people like Grundy who armor through it?
Lex punishes Grundy's armored wakeups as usual, because Lex's armor essentially causes Grundy to whiff and then 112 xx juggle for the punish.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Teleports such as Ares and Scorpion get out of the infinite, but are punished by a full combo. MMH's can easily be hit out of startup. Not sure about Batgirl or Zatanna.

Venom gets out of this.

Either the first probe hit or the Lance Blast launches you, and then the second probe hit juggles you. So because Raven can't absorb BOTH the Lance Blast and the first probe hit, she cannot get out of it.

Lex punishes Grundy's armored wakeups as usual, because Lex's armor essentially causes Grundy to whiff and then 112 xx juggle for the punish.
Ares doesn't get punished by anything on account of he can Mb for safety. Same with Zatanna. Batgirl can just wheel into you.

I'm aware.

Fair enough.

Grundy can cancel the walking corpse after soaking the hits. He can even cancel it into another walking corpse.

Also every character has the option to super through it.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
just to add, the infinite by re-armoring is only specific for this stage. if you have trait up and get a corner juggle you can reset with it on any stage. i tried to do it on stream at DTN but messed up haha.

Just tested

Walking corpse gets punished. If grundy cancels it, second probe hit juggles. If grundy doesn't cancel, Lex punishes through trait.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
just to add, the infinite by re-armoring is only specific for this stage. if you have trait up and get a corner juggle you can reset with it on any stage. i tried to do it on stream at DTN but messed up haha.
Oh ok. So only the trait version is this stage.
Without the trait several people can get out though right? Its pretty damn good still though. Just makes him more nasty in the corner

So how do you do this loop without the lazer? seems important.
This can only be done in FoS.

Rev0lver's MB probes / Trait / Lance Blast reset can be done on any stage, but it's tough to set up because you have to already have trait active since normally you can't get it mid-combo.

The same rules with which character get out of the FoS setup apply to that as well.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
This can only be done in FoS.

Rev0lver's MB probes / Trait / Lance Blast reset can be done on any stage, but it's tough to set up because you have to already have trait active since normally you can't get it mid-combo.

The same rules with which character get out of the FoS setup apply to that as well.
Oh I gotcha. Thought he was saying he could do it on any stage and I'm like "que?"

Oh I gotcha. Thought he was saying he could do it on any stage and I'm like "que?"
lol, I wish.

But yeah, getting trait up mid-combo is pretty critical, or anyone can just d1 safely out of it.

Only the FoS stage has enough dumb, broken interactibles to allow shit like this to happen :p

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
lol, I wish.

But yeah, getting trait up mid-combo is pretty critical, or anyone can just d1 safely out of it.

Only the FoS stage has enough dumb, broken interactibles to allow shit like this to happen :p
I still don't care. I'll just trample you, get my free 50%, and then reset my venom like it aint no thang.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
the only escape i can think of for grundy would be to MB grave rot on wakeup (lol) then walking corpse but lex can easily react id say
or WCC MBf3 probably has to be frame perfect too

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Still not an infinite in any sense of the word.
A guaranteed reset is a better wording I'd say. It's a metered infinite, if that makes sense.

@LtLuthor also found something with otg mb mines with this interactable but it might not be as good. Back when mb mines cost no meter it could've been an inf though (and I know paulo was talking about that there was one)

JDM

Noob
I was thinking about something like this when I heard of Lex's buffs back when the last patch was going to come out. MB Probe into unblockable but I didn't think it would be good enough to work.

Nice to know I was wrong, though.