What's new

Tech Lex's 1,1 string advantage

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
Sorry if this had been posted before but after hitting an opponent with lex's 1,1 string it leaves you with enough advantage to do a 50/50 mix up with lexs b1,3 and his f2 strings. If timed right the opponent can't backdash out of the b1,3 string but they can from his f2. If they try to do anything but block (or only in the case of f2 back dash) they get hit with another full combo even Batman/killer frosts parrys don't work. the tricky part is getting good damage before setting up the mix up, which is why i suggest a stage with a back bounce object. That way with 2 meter you can get into the mid 70's damage wise.

My combo: b2, background bounce, b3, ji2, f2, gravity pull mb, ji2, 1, 1, b1, 3, gravity pull mb, b3, ji3, f2, corps charge (74%)

Ryu Gosling

When's Mahvel?
background bounce into b3?

Edit: Ignore, drinking coffee now and realizing background bounce and bounce cancel are obviously different things lol

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Hmmm... so this is essentially a standing reset for if you're able to start a combo without using MB vac until the end?

Situational, but I like it!

This is great tech!

However, I think your combo:

"My combo: b2, background bounce, b3, ji2, f2, gravity pull mb, ji2, 1, 1, b1, 3, gravity pull mb, b3, ji3, f2, corps charge (74%)"

The j2 after the grave pull, I believe will whiff no matter what on certain characters with low hitboxes. Catwoman for example. (I'll have to test this again, since I've gotten alot better with my timing since I last came to that conclusion)

Still, it will work on a huge portion of the cast, and many levels have background bounce, so it's very feasible in most situations :)

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
This is great tech!

However, I think your combo:

"My combo: b2, background bounce, b3, ji2, f2, gravity pull mb, ji2, 1, 1, b1, 3, gravity pull mb, b3, ji3, f2, corps charge (74%)"

The j2 after the grave pull, I believe will whiff no matter what on certain characters with low hitboxes. Catwoman for example. (I'll have to test this again, since I've gotten alot better with my timing since I last came to that conclusion)

Still, it will work on a huge portion of the cast, and many levels have background bounce, so it's very feasible in most situations :)
I thought it worked on everyone...ill have to check that out thanks for bringing it up!!

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
Ah, my bad. Just took it into practice and tested it on low hitboxes (flash, catwoman) and it works fine. Sometimes I just forget to wait till Lex drops a bit so it doesn't miss over their heads.
Lol i was just about to write the pretty much the same thing lol sometimes the first of the 1,1 string will whiff but the second will hit and that's all that really matters lol

Most characters have a reversal that will beat or trade with b1,3 or f2 after 1,1 on block.

Killer Frost's Black Ice will beat the f2 every time unless you do 1,1 at max range and then it will trade. If you think Black Ice is coming after the 1,1 then you can beat it with Corp Charge.

Joker's Acid Blossom beats both b1,3 and f2 always. Corp Charge after 1,1 will beat it.

Batman's Slide Kick is beaten clean by b1,3. F2 only works if you are at max range for 1,1 to hit and the timing is really tight. Again Corp Charge after 1,1 works against this reversal.

Then there's the fact that 1,1 will only touch three characters while ducking; Bane, Doomsday, and Lex Luthor himself; so you will have to have an orb out to try to force them to standblock for the setup. Lex is too much work, man.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Most characters have a reversal that will beat or trade with b1,3 or f2 after 1,1 on block.

Killer Frost's Black Ice will beat the f2 every time unless you do 1,1 at max range and then it will trade. If you think Black Ice is coming after the 1,1 then you can beat it with Corp Charge.

Joker's Acid Blossom beats both b1,3 and f2 always. Corp Charge after 1,1 will beat it.

Batman's Slide Kick is beaten clean by b1,3. F2 only works if you are at max range for 1,1 to hit and the timing is really tight. Again Corp Charge after 1,1 works against this reversal.

Then there's the fact that 1,1 will only touch three characters while ducking; Bane, Doomsday, and Lex Luthor himself; so you will have to have an orb out to try to force them to standblock for the setup. Lex is too much work, man.
This is about 11 on hit. Not on block.