What's new

Breakthrough Lex Unblockable True Resets?

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
I main GL, second Grundy, but instantly loved the lex set up game so I've been putting in some work and may have found something cray. Figured id give, at the very least, the idea to the masses to play with.

After a meter burned OS(orbital strike..when he says "weapons fired")you can dash in for a free GP(gravity pull). The timing is quite weird, but ive found the way to hit it consistantly is to watch lex once you meter burn the OS and as soon as his arm falls back to his side you dash then GP. Since that worked I found this nice combo to take advantage of the reset OS provides.

3bar unblockable true rest:
J2-22xxGP(meterburn)-b3-j2-22xxOS(mb)-[wait for his hand to fall to his side then immediately dash]-GP(mb)-b3-j2-22XXGP 34%+32%

Once you complete the initial OS(mb) the combo ends with 34% allowing you to dash and continue giving lex the only true reset in the game(I am a scrub and forgot about grundy free resets and Cap Marvel resets). This combo takes the opponent half stage and will result in a transition after the second b3 if you are facing a transition and are anywhere less then half the stage.

I havent done too much testing with wake up attacks, but I know it will connect on most non-forward charging attacks, as well as any tech roll wake ups. You can tech roll back-dash jump the reset, and possibly sea parry/speed dodge it. Blocking, all the parries I tested, and ravens absorb all are beat by it.

This doesn't work on Joker's Acid Blossom, Green Lantern's Lantern's(lol) Might, or Superman's Low Scoop. The Orbital Strike MB trades with Low Scoop and the only wakeup that does work for Superman is his Super.

Also depending on what wakeup they use that gets stuffed, dashing after the first Orbital Strike MB isn't necessary, like Superman's Rising Grab. I'm sure most characters have a way out of it but out of my time testing it out their options seem very limited.

I had tried something similar, but came to a conclusion that too many wake ups could escape my set ups. But I keep testing. You sure your set up works on most wake ups? I honestly hope to find something like that with Lex)

Been testing your set up, it gets blown up by a lot of wake ups actually. And pretty much anyone has time to just tech roll and backdash.

NKZero

Noob
For everyone complaining about wake-ups, the thing is once you get people to respect 2, 2/2, 1--probe/mine etc. (which are safer vs wake-ups) then you can set-up the MB orbital strike. By the time they see it, they cannot wake-up attack in time and they get blown up. So while this isn't 100% guaranteed always, it pretty much is when you have your opponents scared of waking up. Good stuff Nonameformedude!

Well than this is in no way a 100% true reset. You are still playing a guessing game here. And it is definitely not the only true reset in the game. Nonameformedude if you play Grundy, you should know that he is the only one ( well maybe also Shazam, but his resets aren't very damaging) so far who has 100% guaranteed true resets. Even Ares's reset isn't guaranteed( in fact it never has been)

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
When I posted this I only implied "true reset" in the sense that by connecting this combo the damage is reset, and "unblockable " in the sense that the connecting move in an unblockable. Regardless of the actual damaging properties of the combo, its just extremely advantageous to put your opponent in a position where they can only do two things..wake up attack, or techroll backdash jump. Lex being able to force his opponents into the same two choices for two bars or meter is quite possibly the biggest advantage I've seen with lex so far, especially with him being a completely set up based character and with him getting a free probe or trait instead of continuing the reset.

Now as far as wake ups go, there is no possible way to stuff this. The OS starts up before the opponent hits the ground if done properly so its coming out. Unless the opponent has a forward charging wakeup to get out or the OS(mb) area of effect, they WILL get hit(The only wakeups that are screaming in the back of my head when i say that are flash dodge, and sea parry..gotta check timing). This leaves lux(I have written lux instead of lex everytime I use his name..i play way more injustice than LoL,tha fuck?) with a high margin of error as well as a space to increase his damage, as well as putting him above most of the cast(anyone who doesnt have a wakeup that can beat this combo). Lex players take note that this combo is set up Every time you hit a charge

I main GL, second Grundy, but instantly loved the lex set up game so I've been putting in some work and may have found something cray. Figured id give, at the very least, the idea to the masses to play with.

After a meter burned OS(orbital strike..when he says "weapons fired")you can dash in for a free GP(gravity pull). The timing is quite weird, but ive found the way to hit it consistantly is to watch lex once you meter burn the OS and as soon as his arm falls back to his side you dash then GP. Since that worked I found this nice combo to take advantage of the reset OS provides.

3bar unblockable true rest:
J2-22xxGP(meterburn)-b3-j2-22xxOS(mb)-[wait for his hand to fall to his side then immediately dash]-GP(mb)-b3-j2-22XXGP 34%+32%

Once you complete the initial OS(mb) the combo ends with 34% allowing you to dash and continue giving lex THE ONLY TRUE RESET (where damage reduction is also reset) IN THE GAME. This combo takes the opponent half stage and will result in a transition after the second b3 if you are facing a transition and are anywhere less then half the stage.

I havent done too much testing with wake up attacks, but I know it will connect on most non-forward charging attacks, as well as any tech roll wake ups. You can tech roll back-dash jump the reset, and possibly sea parry/speed dodge it. Blocking, all the parries I tested, and ravens absorb all are beat by it.
I just don't agree with THE ONLY TRUE RESET IN THE GAME PART. Grundy, Shazam, Ares reset the damage scaling as well. And still think this is a set up - which if successful turns into a reset - but still is a set up:)

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
They can back dash it. You can go for dash 1~GP(MB) after the OS(MB) hits. The best use is in the corner with U3~OS(MB) ending!

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Semantics aside, this is a handy tool. There are definitely ways out of the MB Orbital strike though, so lets not kid ourselves about that. I wouldn't be surprised if a number of wake-ups clean beat this or awkwardly traded in some way.

Still, one of the perks of playing a fairly unpopular character is that people don't know your dirt. I'm sure you could do this for free all the time online, and probably get away with it occasionally in tournament.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Semantics aside, this is a handy tool. There are definitely ways out of the MB Orbital strike though, so lets not kid ourselves about that. I wouldn't be surprised if a number of wake-ups clean beat this or awkwardly traded in some way.

Still, one of the perks of playing a fairly unpopular character is that people don't know your dirt. I'm sure you could do this for free all the time online, and probably get away with it occasionally in tournament.

We could get away with it consistently if we can condition an opponent to fear wake up attacking and tech rolling, though I dont have the energy to find out how to punish those options against every character for someone I dont main =[

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
I just don't agree with THE ONLY TRUE RESET IN THE GAME PART. Grundy, Shazam, Ares reset the damage scaling as well. And still think this is a set up - which if successful turns into a reset - but still is a set up:)
Yeah, im a total scrub and forgot the captain, ares, and (somehow)my main man grundys resets

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Been testing your set up, it gets blown up by a lot of wake ups actually. And pretty much anyone has time to just tech roll and backdash.
I found that if you level 3 trait before the combo it lasts until the reset starts. Im not sure what implications this has on the wake up testing, but im sure it would keep him semi safe...you should totally test that out so I can reap the benefits in casuals

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I only bother ending with mb OS in the corner off of u3. Most characters have to tech roll wakeup to avoid it. If they only have single-hitting wakeups i think it's unavoidable with trait unless they super, so i usually only do it with that. Best for short combos though so it doesn't run out.

Another one with trait is where you can manage to get a mine in the corner. f2~mb vacuum. It's not a true reset, but it's hard to block.

I found that if you level 3 trait before the combo it lasts until the reset starts. Im not sure what implications this has on the wake up testing, but im sure it would keep him semi safe...you should totally test that out so I can reap the benefits in casuals
That actually sounds interesting, gonna try this out