What's new

Match Footage Lex Luthor Video Thread (Tourney & Casuals)

Most hype moment in the entire tournament: Rev gets a "Targets locked" strike on P2W's Sinestro, which knocks him back PERFECTLY into a grav mine.

The entire stream and everyone watching just lost. their. freaking. shit.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Most hype moment in the entire tournament: Rev gets a "Targets locked" strike on P2W's Sinestro, which knocks him back PERFECTLY into a grav mine.

The entire stream and everyone watching just lost. their. freaking. shit.
So this was on the kombatnetwork stream? I missed it

Clark

Hides behind armor
If anyone has any extensive footage against a Batman, that would be much appreciated. One of the only matchups I feel absolutely hopeless in.

If anyone has any extensive footage against a Batman, that would be much appreciated. One of the only matchups I feel absolutely hopeless in.

Practice blocking. Sounds obvious, but if you can block all of Batman's bullshit, then really, what does he have? The one bad thing is the bats, breaks your trait, but blocking, really that's what beats batman players. Once you block there cross ups and pressure there don't have much left to throw at you.

Easier said then done, I know. Block and be patience. Block, back dash, trait up, setup some mines. Meter burn probes works well against batman as well, pretty much the only time I use MB probes. Knocks Batman out of his pressure. Probes are your friend in this match.

Finally had a chance to do some online matches when I went home for the weekend and had access to XBL. I'm still pretty horrible with getting my inputs right/hit-confirming, but good enough I can stand to post it publicly. Sorry, the recording quality is very poor, I didn't take much time setting up the camera properly...

Gankula

Noob
Would appreciate any feedback or tips guys. I know I use 1,1,2 too often but the string is safe on GL and I'm at +1 on block.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Would appreciate any feedback or tips guys. I know I use 1,1,2 too often but the string is safe on GL and I'm at +1 on block.
I like your general gameplan and the way you vary your setups. Just some notes -

- against GL, 112 is risky in a lot of situations because GL's b1 can go under it. Even with trait up, GL can b12 you. also you said you're at +1 on block? 112 is -1 but i've always felt there's random advantage, maybe it's distance dependent and i just don't know.

- i saw you try to do normal setups to push him to the corner like at 0:40 when you could've done a bg bounce setup. against a character with good zoning like GL it seems natural to do this, but with GL's wakeups, the bg bounce mine setups give you situations that are strongly in your favor.

- i noticed that you like to corp charge him into mines a lot. the ONLY time this should be used is if it's on reaction to something, AA'ing, or if the mine's close enough behind them that it will push them into it on block (if it's your best option). otherwise, it's best to set up unblockables or just leave the mine be and restrict his mobility. but you do do some stuff i use that i like, like using the advantage off blocked mines to get your trait.

- i can't stress enough how much you should abuse trait. like at the end of your second match when he hit the mine, you had enough time to charge trait instead of throwing another mine. you're also throwing mines a lot which can be better in some matchups but GL can pretty much sit back and zone, so imo it's better to throw probes to set yourself up better rather than going for raw mine hits.

-at 0:24 of the second video, you had an interactable setup that would've killed. just things like d2~interactable work well.

Gankula

Noob
- against GL, 112 is risky in a lot of situations because GL's b1 can go under it. Even with trait up, GL can b12 you. also you said you're at +1 on block? 112 is -1 but i've always felt there's random advantage, maybe it's distance dependent and i just don't know.
it shows as -1 but in training mode i always beat out his 7 frame with mines, d1 vs b1. it might be spacing dependant

thanks for the advice! definitely need to work on my bg bounce set ups and learn interactable combo cancels. this was my first time bringing lex to a tourney and since i have been in the lab with him non stop.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Idk if this has already been posted or w/e, but you guys gotta check out this guys Lex. He has a few setups that look so sexy. The first one that made me go DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNN is around 15 seconds in. The other one I really like starts around 5:22
Yeah that first setup was posted a while ago actually. Me and @j360 found a better version though with meterless options (b13~probe, b2, probe hit, b3). Otherwise he's good but does a lot of questionable things haha.

Wemfs

Yeah that first setup was posted a while ago actually. Me and @j360 found a better version though with meterless options (b13~probe, b2, probe hit, b3). Otherwise he's good but does a lot of questionable things haha.
That other setup he did in the corner with the probe and unblockable lance blast was sweet

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
That other setup he did in the corner with the probe and unblockable lance blast was sweet
lol i guess. i really don't like using b2 naked though in most situations. if he would've f2'd in that situation he could hitconfirm uplance for a full combo and block confirm to lvl 3. i'm not trying to take away from him but it's not that optimal.

Wemfs

It's the only time I've seen anyone use the full charged up unblockable lance blast that way before. I always thought it was completely useless.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
so i probably shouldnt post this because im upset at how i did ....i gotta get over tournament nerves. in casuals i do SO MUCH BETTER lol but w.e maybe next time ill put up a fight

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
This thread is hilariously empty. If you guys have something that is definitely worth seeing (even if you think it was seen a million times already), add some links maybe? :)