What's new

Tech Lex Luthor Standing Reset / Auto Stand / Anti Wakeup

Thead

Noob
Your voice Q_Q So awesome

Also, what about backdashing the air attack?
Naked Probe will hit, allowing for a combo conversion.

PLAYING TO W1N The threat of this tech isn't (IMO) from a jumping attack, as if the jump attack hits you could just full combo anyway, but instead the threat comes from a grounded Corp Charge. If the CC is blocked the Probe is covering your ass from a punish anyway.

PLAYING TO W1N The threat of this tech isn't (IMO) from a jumping attack, as if the jump attack hits you could just full combo anyway, but instead the threat comes from a grounded Corp Charge. If the CC is blocked the Probe is covering your ass from a punish anyway.
I'm not so sure that the Probe would actually be able to make Corp Charge safe.

The issue is the Probe block stun STILL does not stack on if the opponent is already in block stun. I thought this would be changed when the patch notes stated "probe hits now ALWAYS cause a reaction".

However, I tested this out by throwing out a probe, doing a 22 on a blocking enemy (the probe hits immediately after the 22) and an enemy set to reaction was able to punish the 22, which is negative on block, even though the probe hit immediately after, and probe is around +20 on block.

I'm guessing it must be something with the game engine, because if you Corp Charge a blocking enemy such that they are pushed back into a gravity-mine immediately after- and need to block that, they can still punish corp-charge with pretty much anything, because the +20 block-stun from the mine doesn't count, and Lex is still as negative as any naked Corp Charge that is blocked.

Thead

Noob
Ah, never knew that. I haven't been punished the few times I've CC into Probe, ill have to let the people I play know. Ill be home soon to check some things out.

Does that mean it only doesn't stack if the Probe hits last? For instance, Probe blocked, immediately followed by CC blocked.

T4T|Nevan

"Burn baby! Burn!"
Dat Playing to Win guy is such a downplayer...he downplays everything that doesn't come up from the back of his head.

Anyway, gj on this x5STAR, giving more possibilities to explore is always a great thing! =)

Ah, never knew that. I haven't been punished the few times I've CC into Probe, ill have to let the people I play know. Ill be home soon to check some things out.

Does that mean it only doesn't stack if the Probe hits last? For instance, Probe blocked, immediately followed by CC blocked.
Hmmm, I haven't tested that.

But if it follows the same pattern, that only the initial block-stun works, a probe blocked followed by a CC blocked would use the block-stun for the probe.

So I'm pretty sure, however strange it actually looks, a probe hitting before a Corp Charge would make it safe, while a probe hitting after a Corp Charge would still be unsafe.

umm... not practical
It's LEX LUTHOR man.

For this character, MB orbital strike, into probe hit, into lance blast hit, into a mine, into a corner-trait-unblockable-lance-blast-setup, is considered "practical" :p

Anyway, this might possibly work for corner-probe setups.

Just going off the top of my head here, haven't really tried it out- but a basic corner combo such as F2,B2,11,11,U3 xx Probe could set something up where the opponent gets up and has to face a b1 (low) XX Corp Charge or b2 (overhead) XX Corp Charge that would reset them if timed correctly.

Thead

Noob
Hmmm, I haven't tested that.

But if it follows the same pattern, that only the initial block-stun works, a probe blocked followed by a CC blocked would use the block-stun for the probe.

So I'm pretty sure, however strange it actually looks, a probe hitting before a Corp Charge would make it safe, while a probe hitting after a Corp Charge would still be unsafe.
Ok just got in and tested. Probe block, CC Block is disadvantage of CC.

Probes block advantage does not seem to stack if it hits during another moves block advantage.

Had a bit of a brain fart earlier, what I meant by Probe covering your CC, is that you time the recovery frames of CC to coincide with Probe shooting. Meaning if they try to punish CC, Probe hits them, and if they wait for Probe to block, they're in blockstun from the Probe. So it does actually work for how I sometimes use it to advance, but in this particular stand-reset you have to CC later, meaning the Probe won't cover you.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Holy shit....you came up with this tech in 2005 according to your recording. I'm sure someone will still say "old news" or "not new".

Anyway, Lex is SUCH a cool character. There's literally too many characters I want to pick up in this game. I just know I never want to play Zatanna. Ever.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
PLAYING TO W1N

why

with armor up whats the worst that will happen? you get a free full combo punish into setup? am i mistaken? like i said 10 million times in the OP, i tested as best i can and i leave it to the community to debunk and so far no lex has.

and like i said. this actually happened. mid match. when i didnt want it to. so im sure it can be applied, especially if lex forums can work together and making ways to better initiate the setup.

TigerBombs

hopefully this is front page worthy because it is among some of the first shall we say "dirty" lex exploits, most characters seem to have a kind of engine exploit or something awesome but I feel personally like lex is a rather clean and honest character, and i only hope this exposes lex a little and maybe could be expanded upon or further explored. that and because i beat US players to make top 8 in an international major for the first time with the character. it is what it is...