What's new

Lex Luthor snubbed again in the latest patch

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
How am I supposed to insert my Lex probes in anyone now? Like, seriously, at LEAST a lance blast buff would have been nice. Come on guys!

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
I hope the everyone´s D2 buff will be a solid AA option for Lex now... because one of the weakness of him is the lack of a SOLID AA option... charge only works at distance... F2 is slow... ummm D2+GPMB+....(combo) afterwards will help us a lot, what do you think?
And I read D2 damage will be correct, can someone explain it please?

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
How am I supposed to insert my Lex probes in anyone now? Like, seriously, at LEAST a lance blast buff would have been nice. Come on guys!
I have only seen one proper lex player.
Lex is a monster, please, just study the match up and learn how to get around things.
One common mis conception: this character is not meant to zone, he is meant to Rush you the hell down. This is my little hint for ya!

Jun_Dp101

Don't mess with the bess
I was hoping they'd buff his jump, it's so slow and he gets wrecked by chars with good zoning

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
so vs superman what does he do? Accept the lasers?
Dash block. use your mines for block advantage and probes, use armor set ups once you get combos.
Put mines behind superman and use your footsies to force him to walk forward.
Do not let him get full screen.
Stop seeing match ups, and tiers. See Tech, and learn. Make it so superman is forced to come to you!
I promise just practice practice practice. Learn the match ups and you will succeed!

I feel like Lex is that kind of character, where one small buff may accidentally turn him into a godlike invincible monster.

But to reiterate what DGOD stated: mines against supes if he's lasering you. You may get punished by a quick shot immediately after, but it doesn't matter, if you got the mine out the damage to his zoning game is already done, and you've taken back control of some territory.

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
I have only seen one proper lex player.
Lex is a monster, please, just study the match up and learn how to get around things.
One common mis conception: this character is not meant to zone, he is meant to Rush you the hell down. This is my little hint for ya!
I know that. Still don't think the lance blast should do just 3% damage. Also weren't you saying he exact same thing about Scorpion and that he's perfectly fine and that we just need to adapt? Considering EVO and CEO are just around the corner, I'd say we didn't have time for that and that you were part of the problem.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I know that. Still don't think the lance blast should do just 3% damage. Also weren't you saying he exact same thing about Scorpion and that he's perfectly fine and that we just need to adapt? Considering EVO and CEO are just around the corner, I'd say we didn't have time for that and that you were part of the problem.
he's also the guy who claimed flash was bottom 3 :rolleyes:

I think Lex is alright for now, he seems to have some serious sleeper potential.

dgr8iam

Noob
I'm new so maybe I missed it but why didn't they fix his trait in this patch? Level 1 should absorb 1 attack and reduce damage by 25% it doesn't. It actually increases damage by about 25%. Level 2 should absorb 1 attack and reduce damage by 50% it doesn't. It only decreases damage by about 25%. Level 3 does what it should do. Someone check me on this. I would love some Lex buffs but I will settle for getting what the game says I should already have. How do I make enough noise to bring some attention to this?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Dash block. use your mines for block advantage and probes, use armor set ups once you get combos.
Stop seeing match ups, and tiers. See Tech, and learn. Make it so superman is forced to come to you!
I promise just practice practice practice. Learn the match ups and you will succeed!
I upplay Lex all day but you have no fucking clue. That matchup is fucking bad. lolarmorsetups.

Calm down though. Unless you have to play a hundred supermans the character is fine. And I'm 95% sure I'm going to be taking out some good players who made the mistake of not learning the matchup in a couple weeks.

I need to look into that armor bug though.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
People should learn to stick up for what they know instead of letting someone come in and tell you about your own character.

I love Lex, I think he has potential that hasn't been tapped. That doesn't mean I'm blind to his weaknesses. If they trimmed a few frames off his forward dash or let probe come out just a smidge faster, it would do the character a world of good.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
yeah lex the mysterious sleeper character, an enigma wrapped in a mystery, snubbed by the patch because of his hidden gold :rolleyes:

The least they could do is at least adjust his hurtbox so that he won't get hit by certain characters attacks that everyone else in the roster can duck under or get crossed up by someone about 3ft above his head >>

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Lex is not a hidden monster. As a stand alone character he his good and I love his design, but because of some of the many forms of 'spam' zoning in this game he can't do shit in some MU's because of his god awful mobility. If they buffed his mobility and the start-up of his 3 main space control tools he could potentially be a tank.

If you picked Lex against a competent Superman in tournament then you'd have already lost at the character select screen.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Lex is not a hidden monster. As a stand alone character he his good and I love his design, but because of some of the many forms of 'spam' zoning in this game he can't do shit in some MU's because of his god awful mobility. If they buffed his mobility and the start-up of his 3 main space control tools he could potentially be a tank.

If you picked Lex against a competent Superman in tournament then you'd have already lost at the character select screen.
Unless all those names I don't recognize in my evo pool are secretly godlike I'll probably have to play KDZ after my pool lol. This will be fun.

Do me a favor, take a wild guess how many frames Lex's mines and probe come out in. Then go look at data and delete this post >.<