What's new

Lex Luthor Push guard trap, mine set up

Nutrient

Lex Flex
Found this out the last couple weeks playing the demo, Haven't seen it around [Nor Lex for that matter]

This technique costs a bar, guarantees opponent gets hit by Gravity mine, [Most likely other characters like Black Adam and Cyborg can do this also e.g BA's trap mine and Cyborgs Down Down 3]

If you're close to your mine and opponent has punched in their chain combo, pushblock or Advanced guard as some call it, they'll be pushed into the mine with [Almost] no way to escape

Theres a variety of ways to set up the mine safely, all you need then is a hasty opponent, high damage Combo potential in the corner.
This technique forces your opponent to think very carefully

Heres the video

UPDATE******

Shouldn't this be blockable? mines can be blocked low, so the person getting pushblocked should be able to dial their string then hold down to block it. Not that its likely they will actually block it but you know... possible is possible

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
nutrient was doing this up in my house when few of us playing,
its pretty funny when it hits,it brings the salt

This is completely viable

Now whats his best BNBS off of mine?
I usually just go straight for the MB Gravity Pull, b2, j3, 1-1-3(or 2) x Corp Charge (38%), because I've found that trying to do much else can be pretty inconsistent. After your opponent is hit by a mine, trying to do something like 1-1-2 x MB Gravity Pull, b2 results in a lower bounce arc so it is harder to follow up, but if you follow the b2 with a j2, instead of a j3, it will knock them just high enough for you to follow up with 1-1(-possibly 2 or 3, but I cant get it to land) x Corp Charge. This is pretty much completely worthless though, because the initial 1-1-2 can whiff depending on how long they have been caught in the mine(the longer they have been caught, the higher they are) and where they were hit by the mine(as in right under them, or a little to the right or left). You also need to be right on top of them for the 2 to come out. The icing on the shitcake is that if you DO land all of this, without the j3 and the 2 or 3 before the Corp Charge at the end, this combo only does 35%, so going straight for the MB Gravity Pull is definitely the way to go.

Great job on the video! This tech has become a major part of my strategy and has a ton of uses. I actually took a couple combos from the video too, so awesome job :)

Nutrient

Lex Flex
Great job on the video! This tech has become a major part of my strategy and has a ton of uses. I actually took a couple combos from the video too, so awesome job :)
Thank you very much

For the Corner combo switch B2 U3 3 to 1-1-3-Charge, more damage

Thead

Noob
Great stuff Nutrient, totally useable and the video was awesome haha.

This is completely viable

Now whats his best BNBS off of mine?
LizardLard

Ji3, 1~Gravity Pull MB, B3, Ji2, U3~Orb - 40%+ Orb setup. (Corpse Charge whiffs as an ender)
Ji2, 22~Gravity Pull MB, B3, Ji2, U3~Orb - 40%+ Orb setup. (Corpse Charge whiffs as an ender)

My favourite and newest Mine setup is:
Starter combo, Gravity Pull MB, B3, Ji2, B13~Close Mine.

This drops them in front of Lex with a Mine at their feet. Its safe vs wakeups (Flash and Lex) if done at the right height and if they decide to low block you get a free JiP 2 attempt. They can avoid the Mine by techrolling/techrolling backdash, which opens up the other Mines somewhat, or with Wake Up invincibility (punishable tho).

Great stuff Nutrient, totally useable and the video was awesome haha.

LizardLard

Ji3, 1~Gravity Pull MB, B3, Ji2, U3~Orb - 40%+ Orb setup. (Corpse Charge whiffs as an ender)
Ji2, 22~Gravity Pull MB, B3, Ji2, U3~Orb - 40%+ Orb setup. (Corpse Charge whiffs as an ender)

My favourite and newest Mine setup is:
Starter combo, Gravity Pull MB, B3, Ji2, B13~Close Mine.

This drops them in front of Lex with a Mine at their feet. Its safe vs wakeups (Flash and Lex) if done at the right height and if they decide to low block you get a free JiP 2 attempt. They can avoid the Mine by techrolling/techrolling backdash, which opens up the other Mines somewhat, or with Wake Up invincibility (punishable tho).
Awesome work man! I knew that there had to be some better options off of a mine. That close-mine setup is golden too. I was looking for a close-mine trap so that I could keep up pressure on zone-happy characters, and ending the combo with a probe negates the need for the hard knockdown from corp charge. Crazy stuff. Keep these awesome posts coming!

Also, the incorporation of U3 in a viable combo is literally bringing tears to my eyes. So much swag. Bruce willis in a robot suit fist pumping for 40%. I love you.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Im having so much fun with Lex. I started doing a mine setup I was testing on deathstroke. I do a 112~gravity pull MB, b3, j2, 22~regular ground mine. Any kind of wake up he does you can punish and send him back into the mine. If he wakes up with sword flip I do 113 to send them right into the mine. You have enought to dash forward and do whatever. You can even do a 21~corp charge. Works if they tech roll too. If he wakes up with any type of gun shot u just block and corp charge him into the mine. I think he is forced to only block. you can hit him into the mine if he jumps forward or back

If you do this after a mine trap reset you will often be close enough to the wall after the mine combo to end it with a vacuum pull for 45%.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Armor cancel dash in after throwing out the probe at the end of the mine combo to continue pressure... So dirty.

Of course i mess up the one part that im trying to show... But you get the picture. Epic pressure and carries to the corner.
Hell ya that's dirty haha I love it