What's new

Question Lex Luthor; Knockdown Setups?

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
Hello, I am not privy to the full game as of yet, I just have the demo and I haven't played too much, and only against the AI, not in training mode. So my experience has a lot to be desired. And so we come to my question.

Does Lex have traps and set ups off of a knockdown? It appears to me as if Lex has a number of specials with a longer start up time which are hard to initiate at mid game. I've been playing Lex with the idea of getting the knockdown and setting up a probe or mine or laser or whatever. Does Lex have any setups that will guarantee damage on opponent wakeup? Any setups that mix up the oppenent on wakeup depending on Lex' actions? Because I can't test anything with another human I have a lot of holes in my knowledge.

So I ask if this is one way to approach Lex. If so, and if his core gameplay receives little change in the day 1 patch, let's compile a list of knockdown setups. I will update this post if this proves fruitful.

Thanks

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Time to shamelessly plug myself

snip
Hey Jer, have you figured out any good starter strings other than 112? Hopefully it will be patched in the retail verison, but in the demo version it seems like an exceptionally lackluster string. Thanks!

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Hey Jer, have you figured out any good starter strings other than 112? Hopefully it will be patched in the retail verison, but in the demo version it seems like an exceptionally lackluster string. Thanks!
You can use 21 but it's a bit slower, or just do F2(overhead) into ex vacuum.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I've only begun to delve into Lex's corner game, but I have a strong feeling it is going to be one of the best in the game. Does anyone else feel this way?

I think that it is definitely going to be strong obce we get the hang of all of his tools. Corner mines and MB Lasers are amazing for keeping up pressure.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Right now I usually put a mine or orb up after any knock down. Im experimenting with his other options tho. I think lex will be a top 5 character once people fully understand him.

KamkaziChicila

Harley & Zatana is all I need.
I say it depends on the moment of battle. If you get a knockdown, more often than not charge a level 1 Trait and then if you have time throw out an orb. Any Mine is so nasty if you get a random laser off and they get hit. Lex is really a monster once he sets up a Trait at any level.

Has anyone discovered any setups off of interactable environments? After using The Joker for a while I realised how much it improves his game using environment bounces for Teeth setups due to the untechable knockdown. Lex's mines come out slower than teeth, but you have enough time for the mine to be set before the opponent wakes up on top of it. I've been playing with setting a mine and immediately hitting f2, and it seems to hit overhead and low at the same time? Anyone tested this?

Also the laser in fortress of solitude seems to give you enough time to place an orb and mine? Just thoughts and ideas really.