What's new

Guide Lex Luthor Combo Thread

I think on certain characters, you can't always go from F2 to B2.

It depends on whether or not they are crouching when you hit them. If a small-hitbox enemy is standing, you can F2 into B2 with good timing. If they are crouching- well, at least in my case I haven't been able to get it to connect on a Catwoman in practice..
Sorry I hate the new tapatalk layout I meant to quite this

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk

Are you talking about a B2 after a F3 in the corner? I'm not sure what situation I would need to do F2 > B2.
Yeah, I mean an F2, B2.

It depends on character hitbox and whether or not they're crouching if b2 will connect after F2, or at least it seems to affect the timing enough to make it unreliable...

I'm actually not certain the situation either- my main corner combo used to use an F2, B2, but it would miss alot for the reasons I stated.

It also affects the timing of f2,f2- though from what I tried it is always possible. Still, it appears to be much more difficult if the enemy is in a crouching state when hit by it, so it can be deceiving how easy it is to do in practice mode when the enemy is set to "standing".

rev0lver

Here's some BnB combos to replace in the guide that come off Lex's basic 50/50.

What we still need:

* 113-starter BnB combos
* Corner combos for better damage when ending with probe/shields-vortex or orbital strike (I only wrote the most execution-reliable u3 xx Corp Charge combos I could find)
* Corner combos you can land off a MB orbital strike.
* Mine combos, that assume you put the enemy in with either a b13 or f2- that should be enough.

Also, I listed the ji2, 22 [ender] as more damage optimal than ji3, 22 [ender] since the latter is unsafe ending with a probe against certain other characters, where as the former is universally safe if you wish to end with probe.

F2 starter:

Max damage combos:

40%: f2 xx MB Grav Pull, ji3, f2 xx Corp Charge
41%: f2 xx MB Grav Pull, ji3, f2 xx Grav Pull

Setup combos:
* = optimal BnB (different optimal combos leave the enemy at different distances)

*32%: f2 xx MB Grav Pull, ji2, 22 [ender]
*33%: f2 xx MB Grav Pull, ji3, b2 [ender]
*36%: f2 xx MB Grav Pull, ji3, u3 [ender]
*32%: f2 xx MB Grav Pull, ji3, 11 [ender]
34%: f2 xx MB Grav Pull, ji3, 22 [ender]
30%: f2 xx MB Grav Pull, ji2, b2 [ender]
30%: f2 xx MB Grav Pull, ji2, 11 [ender]
33%: f2 xx MB Grav Pull, ji2, u3 [ender]

B13 starter:

Max damage combos:

36%: b13 xx MB Grav Pull, ji3, f2 xx Corp Charge
37%: b13 xx MB Grav Pull, ji3, f2 xx Grav Pull

Setup combos:
* = optimal BnB (different optimal combos leave the enemy at different distances)

*28%: b13 xx MB Grav Pull, ji3, 11 [ender]
*28%: b13 xx MB Grav Pull, ji2, 22 [ender]
*29%: b13 xx MB Grav Pull, ji3, b2 [ender]
*32%: b13 xx MB Grav Pull, ji3, u3 [ender]
26%: b13 xx MB Grav Pull, ji2, b2 [ender]
26%: b13 xx MB Grav Pull, ji2, 11 [ender]
29%: b13 xx MB Grav Pull, ji2, u3 [ender]
30%: b13 xx MB Grav Pull, ji3, 22 [ender]

Corner combos (Corp Charge ender):

28% 22d1, d+1, 11, u3 xx Corp Charge
30% f2, d+1, 11, 11, u3 xx Corp Charge
35% b13 xx MB Grav Pull, f3, b2, 11, 11, u3 xx Corp Charge

mikosu

+ on block 50/50s
Seems that if you hold the MB button it applies MB to b3s and f3s as soon as possible. For combos it means no having to learn timings to not get accidental MB mines when you want MB b3/f3 for the extra damage. Now this mine swag damage maximization is much easier for example:

(far mine out) b2u3d3, hold MB, (mine hits), b3, release MB and b3, j3, u3 xx MB db2, fj2, u3 xx db2 66%

EDIT: Combo is best done spaced properly near a wall so MB db2 will always reach. For midscreen and total consistency I recommend replacing j3 with a dash forward. 61%.

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
Seems that if you hold the MB button it applies MB to b3s and f3s as soon as possible. For combos it means no having to learn timings to not get accidental MB mines when you want MB b3/f3 for the extra damage. Now this mine swag damage maximization is much easier for example:

(far mine out) b2u3d3, hold MB, (mine hits), b3, release MB and b3, j3, u3 xx MB db2, fj2, u3 xx db2 66%

66% for two bars.

Cyrax, we're getting closer baby. Just hold on....

These combos off the mine traps that do so much damage- it's probably best to end with the 11-reset. You don't risk losing much damage at all, given that far into the combo damage scaling is pretty high.

Something like-
b2u3d3 (mine hits), b3, j2, 22 MB Grav Pull, j2, 11 -
does a metric-shit ton of damage, and if you land that free mix-up after the 11-reset, you're looking at a total of around 80 % damage for just 2 bars.

Anytime I get a free meterless combo off a b3 on a mine-trapped enemy, I'm sure as hell going to use that extra meter for the MB grav-pull, 11-reset.

These combos off the mine traps that do so much damage- it's probably best to end with the 11-reset. You don't risk losing much damage at all, given that far into the combo damage scaling is pretty high.

Something like-
b2u3d3 (mine hits), b3, j2, 22 MB Grav Pull, j2, 11 -
does a metric-shit ton of damage, and if you land that free mix-up after the 11-reset, you're looking at a total of around 80 % damage for just 2 bars.

Anytime I get a free meterless combo off a b3 on a mine-trapped enemy, I'm sure as hell going to use that extra meter for the MB grav-pull, 11-reset.

After j2 11 reset i'm pretty sure the opponent may be able to backdash out of some options. I tested against a friend and he seemed to be able too. I'm not sure if I'm just inputting too slow. However, if you use end in j2 no options can be backdashed. J2 as a ender leads to a vortex where no option can be backdashed. This also works int he corner. 112 11 11 11 u3 gp mb. j2.

After j2 11 reset i'm pretty sure the opponent may be able to backdash out of some options. I tested against a friend and he seemed to be able too. I'm not sure if I'm just inputting too slow. However, if you use end in j2 no options can be backdashed. J2 as a ender leads to a vortex where no option can be backdashed. This also works int he corner. 112 11 11 11 u3 gp mb. j2.

It cant be backdashed out of if you are quick enough. 11 is +16 on hit. And Lexs mixup options have a 15 frame startup at most.

You're only juuuuust in range of a b1, which has around 13 frames of startup, so if you're around 5 frames too slow on a b13 followup, you will whiff on any enemy walking backwards.

If your timing is right though, it cannot be backdashed and its inescapable.

Especially, In the corner theres zero reason to just leave it at j2, instead if j2,11. Even if you are slightly late on your b1 by a couple frames, theyre in the corner so they wont stagger out of range.
But also in the corner, you dont need to waste meter on a mb grav pull to get the free 50/50. Ending with a regular probe will do the trick. Probe is +20 on block, and they HAVE to block it.

It cant be backdashed out of if you are quick enough. 11 is +16 on hit. And Lexs mixup options have a 15 frame startup at most.

You're only juuuuust in range of a b1, which has around 13 frames of startup, so if you're around 5 frames too slow on a b13 followup, you will whiff on any enemy walking backwards.

If your timing is right though, it cannot be backdashed and its inescapable.

Especially, In the corner theres zero reason to just leave it at j2, instead if j2,11. Even if you are slightly late on your b1 by a couple frames, theyre in the corner so they wont stagger out of range.
But also in the corner, you dont need to waste meter on a mb grav pull to get the free 50/50. Ending with a regular probe will do the trick. Probe is +20 on block, and they HAVE to block it.

Thanks for the clarification and tips!

Leran Dagash

Beware my power!
Yep you're right I had AI set to always block, changed to stance and auto, both reset,
Any other combos you know that link into super that aren't strict timing?
It should work in the same way after any timed fall, tried it from a 3D background interaction and it worked too.
Other than that I still don't know, I'll keep you updated.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Lmao wait what's happening here. BDMao88 did you account get hacked or something? I don't even have the powers to change your avatar if I wanted to.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Don't tag me haha. I'm not a Lex player :p

113xxMB GP isn't as reliable as it sounds on paper. High starters usually aren't, but that withstanding it also scales the hitstun a bit more so your combos will have a stronger start, but a weaker finish in trade as you'll find yourself less able to connect with the optimum enders.