What's new

Guide Lex Luthor Combo Thread

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Its fine, I appreciate the thought and its something I could give information about.

Honestly I feel like starting a combo with f.2 or b.13 is a bit better for the sake of the OH/Low. The best combo out of 113xxMB Vacuum would be something like... j.2 113xxMB vacuum into b.3 j.2 113xxCharge which gives you about 38% an a decent advantage on hit if you hit them high enough off the bounce.

Or j.2 113xxMB Vacuum into b.3 j.2 u.3xxProbe which gives you 34% and an orb on the field as well as a full screen placement.

Off of a grounded comparison:
Highest damage / Optimal advantage

113 = 113xxMB Vacuum b.3 j.3 113xxcorps charge 35% / 113xxMb vacuum b.3 j.2 b.2 u.3xxprobe 32%
f.2 = f.2xxMb vacuum b.3 j.3 113xxcorps charge 40% / f.2xxMb vacuum b.3 j.2 b.2 u.3xxprobe 36%
b.13 = b.13xxMb vacuum b.3 j.3 113xxcorps charge 36% / b.13xxMb vacuum b.3 j.2 b.2 u.3xxprobe 32%

So honestly you lose more than you gain by neglecting the Oh/Low options

Galactic Geek

Losing is learning; winning is succeeding.
I knew you could combo off of the 113 with specials, but it's not really worth doing because it's easier to block than 112 since the 112 ends with an overhead - I would only recommend the former if you want more damage output or if you're sure the combo will knock your opponent out of reach of the 112.

What I didn't know is that you could hit u3 off of a ji2 followed by a Lex Probe. I usually only use u3 whenever someone tries to air-dash in on me (like with MMH, SM, KF, or WW). I'll have to try that & see how great it is for myself (although I've probably seen it in combo videos already & simply not paid much attention to it now that I think about it).

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Its ok-not-great, I advise leading in with a b.2 for the extra meter gain. Every little bit counts.
It'll let you sit full screen with a probe on the ready and tonnes of advantage to work with.

Doesn't 113, as a starter, provide the same options as in 112/b13? I mean 113 xx MB Grav Pull ...

It would be nice to list the possible enders what kind of setups we can get after. I can make that if you guys want.
113 is not really viable as a starter. It's extremely unsafe, and the gap before the 3 is pretty huge. Lex also doesn't have any safe specials he can cancel it into.

112 can definitely be considered a BnB starter because unlike 113, you can hit-confirm the last hit, without directly canceling into grav pull, and it's completely safe. So we still need someone to do the 112 starters.

As for the possible enders- from what I've contributed, all the optimal combos highlighted in green are the ones that allow you to cancel into any setup and be safe- hence why I listed j2,22 instead of j3,22 (since j3,22 is not safe if you cancel into probes).

I guess we can just add something that says "Possible enders for all combos are shields/probe/mine/orbital strike", but they're all compatible with any of the ending strings listed. For what's best to use in whatever situation, I think that's something for the setups thread, but in terms of BnB's, enders generally don't have a bias towards what setups they go best with- they're universally compatible.

T4T|Nevan

"Burn baby! Burn!"
Oh...I see. In that case 113 should be discarded as a starter?

About the enders I get it, they are to be applied according to the situation. Yeah I know that you or Galactic Geek posted a 'chart' where it shows what can you get with different enders.

For example ending in 21 xx 4 dashing is safe. I mean having these options more visible to everyone.

I'm making a personal 'chart', because I need to memorize stuff and practice it over and over.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Doesn't 113, as a starter, provide the same options as in 112/b13? I mean 113 xx MB Grav Pull ...

It would be nice to list the possible enders what kind of setups we can get after. I can make that if you guys want.

LtLuthor rev0lver Doombawkz Galactic Geek BDMao88
1,1,3 is completely outclassed by 1,1,2. Unsafe by itself, scales damage more than 1,1,2, and I don't want any part of it.

I love Lex Luthor.
I just want to share this 1 MB 50% combo. It does require a Background Smash Interactable though.
I saw a 1 MB non-interactable 51% combo earlier but that wasn't very viable because it starts with a point blank mine.

Although this is probably nothing you guys haven't seen before.

Spacepopsicle

Cool Beans

LtLuthor rev0lver Doombawkz Galactic Geek BDMao88
it's like -25 on block or something like that while 112 is -1 and an overhead which can also be hit confirnd after the 2 in 112, 113 I use as more of a gimmick, where at the right distance they see me whiff a 11 and think the close 2 is coming, they let their guard down and get hit by the huge fucking axe that is 113 lol

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
REPAIRS IN PROGRESSrev0lver

Ji2, 22 [ender] is listed as more damage optimal than ji3, 22 [ender] since the latter is unsafe ending with a probe against certain other characters, where as the former is universally safe if you wish to end with probe.

F2 starter:

Max damage combos:

40%: f2 xx MB Grav Pull, ji3, f2 xx Corp Charge
41%: f2 xx MB Grav Pull, ji3, f2 xx Grav Pull

Setup combos:
* = optimal BnB (different optimal combos leave the enemy at different distances)

*32%: f2 xx MB Grav Pull, ji2, 22 [ender]
*33%: f2 xx MB Grav Pull, ji3, b2 [ender]
*36%: f2 xx MB Grav Pull, ji3, u3 [ender]
*32%: f2 xx MB Grav Pull, ji3, 11 [ender]
34%: f2 xx MB Grav Pull, ji3, 22 [ender]
30%: f2 xx MB Grav Pull, ji2, b2 [ender]
30%: f2 xx MB Grav Pull, ji2, 11 [ender]
33%: f2 xx MB Grav Pull, ji2, u3 [ender]

B13 starter:

Max damage combos:

36%: b13 xx MB Grav Pull, ji3, f2 xx Corp Charge
37%: b13 xx MB Grav Pull, ji3, f2 xx Grav Pull

Setup combos:
* = optimal BnB (different optimal combos leave the enemy at different distances)

*28%: b13 xx MB Grav Pull, ji3, 11 [ender]
*28%: b13 xx MB Grav Pull, ji2, 22 [ender]
*29%: b13 xx MB Grav Pull, ji3, b2 [ender]
*32%: b13 xx MB Grav Pull, ji3, u3 [ender]
26%: b13 xx MB Grav Pull, ji2, b2 [ender]
26%: b13 xx MB Grav Pull, ji2, 11 [ender]
29%: b13 xx MB Grav Pull, ji2, u3 [ender]
30%: b13 xx MB Grav Pull, ji3, 22 [ender]

Corner combos (Corp Charge ender):

28% 22d1, d+1, 11, u3 xx Corp Charge
30% f2, d+1, 11, 11, u3 xx Corp Charge
35% b13 xx MB Grav Pull, f3, b2, 11, 11, u3 xx Corp Charge
rev0lver forgetting a B3 in some of these combos?

...and it's not letting me tag the right rev0lver :(

Oops, that was my fault not adding the b3's. I was using shorthand notation to write down the combos and just forgot to add in the b3s after

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Lmao wait what's happening here. BDMao88 did you account get hacked or something? I don't even have the powers to change your avatar if I wanted to.
Yes someone hacked my account.I have an idea who...
Why not just create a new thread and merge it?
I don't even play the game anymore, I think it's been a few months? I rarely visit the site, so I have no problem with it.

T4T|Nevan

"Burn baby! Burn!"
Then a merge or a creation of a new thread, organized and manage by someone who plays and its dedicated to the game would be great =)

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Yeah. My only problem is that my combos are whack and there's so much that's situational with this character to make a normal guide. So if there's someone who could do that I'll update it or make a new thread or something.

My new totally-practical BnB combo:

Ran out of memory last time I tried recording it, and it's ridiculously hard to do. I'll post a video once I manage to get it again, but here's the inputs:

MB probes, d2 xx Mine (MB Probes hit) Lex Probe, (Opponent lands in mine), MB mine detonate, forward-dash, (regular probe hits enemy in air after MB mine detonates), 1 xx MB Grav Pull, j2, 113 xx Corp Charge.

FoS only, NEED TO BE IN SPECIFIC POSITION:
(ok, I haven't actually done this yet, I keep dropping it, but I've gotten pretty close and I'm quite sure its possible!)

MB probes, d2 xx Mine (MB Probes hit) Lex Probe, (Opponent lands in mine), MB mine detonate, forward-dash, (regular probe hits enemy in air after MB mine detonates), 1 xx MB Grav Pull, j2, 112 xx Teleporter Interactible, Mine, (opponent lands in mine) Level 2 Upward Lance Blast, Corp Charge..

Last edited:

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
My new totally-practical BnB combo:

Ran out of memory last time I tried recording it, and it's ridiculously hard to do. I'll post a video once I manage to get it again, but here's the inputs:

MB probes, d2 xx Mine (MB Probes hit) Lex Probe, (Opponent lands in mine), MB mine detonate, forward-dash, (regular probe hits enemy in air after MB mine detonates), 1 xx MB Grav Pull, j2, 113 xx Corp Charge.

FoS only, NEED TO BE IN SPECIFIC POSITION:
(ok, I haven't actually done this yet, I keep dropping it, but I've gotten pretty close and I'm quite sure its possible!)

MB probes, d2 xx Mine (MB Probes hit) Lex Probe, (Opponent lands in mine), MB mine detonate, forward-dash, (regular probe hits enemy in air after MB mine detonates), 1 xx MB Grav Pull, j2, 112 xx Teleporter Interactible, Mine, (opponent lands in mine) Level 2 Upward Lance Blast, Corp Charge..
Maaaaan I was already trying that stuff and you made it better lol. I was using regular bg bounce though. I think it was mb probe, 2~mid mine, corp charge, mb mine, b2~bg bounce, b3, dash, u3~mb vacuum, j2, b2u3d3

Can you do 2 mines in a combo though? I remember trying it off the electrical thing in batcave and it didn't work.

Yeah, the issue is you have to detonate the mine at the PERFECT time, or the probe won't hit.

Too early and the probe misses, to late and the mine will dissappear and you can't detonate it.

Also, after the forward-dash 1 is the only attack that will reach and can be cancel into MB grav pull, the second hit of 11 whiffs so you have to do an extremely fast cancel after 1 (which waaay too often leads to a upward lance blast instead of a Grav Pull coming out)

After 100 tries I finally got it.... only to discover my camera had run out of memory.... :( :( :(

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Yeah, the issue is you have to detonate the mine at the PERFECT time, or the probe won't hit.

Too early and the probe misses, to late and the mine will dissappear and you can't detonate it.

Also, after the forward-dash 1 is the only attack that will reach and can be cancel into MB grav pull, the second hit of 11 whiffs so you have to do an extremely fast cancel after 1 (which waaay too often leads to a upward lance blast instead of a Grav Pull coming out)

After 100 tries I finally got it.... only to discover my camera had run out of memory.... :( :( :(
idgaf ima hit that at the break tomorrow or something just watch

We need more Lex players who don't just have phones/cameras. I'm planning on making a lex combo video (which i've been saying for like months) but Chef told me he can record it all since he has a capture card, so hopefully it can actually happen soon. This is giving me good ideas haha.