What's new

Lex Luthor 1.06 Patch Notes

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
confirmed un-charged lance blast does 7.00%
source NRS twitch stream
Edit: on block does 1.88%
Edit Edit: charge 2 does 10.00% charge 3 does 13.00%
I'm really disappointed about the 13%. Since when is 3% "MUCH more damage" lmfao

The 7% is pretty good though. Now we get favorable trades against Batman, Sinestro, Harley, Zod and Deathstroke

Spacepopsicle

Cool Beans
I'm really disappointed about the 13%. Since when is 3% "MUCH more damage" lmfao

The 7% is pretty good though. Now we get favorable trades against Batman, Sinestro, Harley, Zod and Deathstroke
I know my heart dropped whenever he did it and I saw the tiny 13%

I mean the most important lance change is the non-charged version because it means better ability in projectile wars. The other lance changes are like pretty cool, nice little mild buffs. I'll take em. But definitely it seems like lv1 lance and probe always juggling are the more important Lex changes.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I mean the most important lance change is the non-charged version because it means better ability in projectile wars. The other lance changes are like pretty cool, nice little mild buffs. I'll take em. But definitely it seems like lv1 lance and probe always juggling are the more important Lex changes.
For sure, I just expected at least 15% since they emphasized that it would do much more damage lol. We got teased :(

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
yea thats unfortunate but still 7 is decent it looked like it traveled faster too but thats probably the speed it always traveled at i just never use it so i have no clue lol

SaJa

FH_FenriR
3% much more damage ? LOOOOL

It looks as dumb as saying "new secret skin" for Zod' skin. This is the worst secret of history.

Niko Mar

Founding Member of the Fate Army
3% much more damage ? LOOOOL

It looks as dumb as saying "new secret skin" for Zod' skin. This is the worst secret of history.
Yeah dude, NRS is smoking crack over there. Apparently significantly more damage means 13% for Lex while it means 28% for Lobo -.-

10% > 13% for full charge isnt that great but remember it is unblockable. can we do anything off full charged lance? i havent really played this game since batgirl came out but hearing there are lex patches made me mildly interested again.
if the dash thing is true its probably his largest buff. im also still waiting to hear what the hit box changes are.

10% > 13% for full charge isnt that great but remember it is unblockable. can we do anything off full charged lance? i havent really played this game since batgirl came out but hearing there are lex patches made me mildly interested again.
if the dash thing is true its probably his largest buff. im also still waiting to hear what the hit box changes are.
Last time I checked (pre-patch), level 3 actually had less hit advantage than level 2 which gave almost a universal probe on hit and was around +3-ish on block.

Also, they made level 1 lance blast safe on block at any distance- if I remember right, it used to be around - 18 on block. Frame data now says - 3. Not sure if it is an actual change or just a frame data correction though.

mikosu

+ on block 50/50s
LV 1 lance blast is still unsafe so not sure what that's about. The probe change makes f2 less of a risk now since he doesn't have to commit to unsafety to do damage. Probe out, f2, dash forward, probe hits, f2, MB db2 into w/e will be one of my new staples.

LV 1 lance blast is still unsafe so not sure what that's about. The probe change makes f2 less of a risk now since he doesn't have to commit to unsafety to do damage. Probe out, f2, dash forward, probe hits, f2, MB db2 into w/e will be one of my new staples.
Have you tested it and do you know exactly how unsafe it is? I mean, is it still -18 or just -8-ish maybe? Because that will mean it is safe/unsafe depending on the distance.

Even -18 is safe at most distances. Basically one corp-charge distance it should be unpunishable by a flash lightning charge. So I'm really disappointed that it isn't really -3, since that would technically make it at advantage for most distances :(

mikosu

+ on block 50/50s
Have you tested it and do you know exactly how unsafe it is? I mean, is it still -18 or just -8-ish maybe? Because that will mean it is safe/unsafe depending on the distance. Even -18 is safe at most distances.
I did. Supes' standing 3 punishes. Frame data says 10 frames of startup so that's at least -11. Using it at range is still ideal and makes it less punishable.

mikosu

+ on block 50/50s
I just noticed an un-noted buff. Probe does 3% up from 2%. Can't recall how much MB probe did pre-patch but it does 5.57% as a combo now.

Im 99 percent sure Lex's forward dash received a very sizeable forward dash buff. Cooldown is MUCH faster.
Did some testing today using an un-patched console, and it looks like I was wrong about this, or at least if there is any change, my measurements could not tell the difference.

I guess I've just been getting faster on my inputs so it felt like this new forward dash is faster.

mikosu

+ on block 50/50s
Here now I say goodbye to the strong version of the probe - throw tactic. One of the dirtiest things Lex can do is throw while a probe is out. The opponent has no choice but to deal with both tools in some way (usually jumping or backdashing). If the throw was not teched it was a combo for 13%. The opponent can't block during a throw break so it was a free 4%: 2% from initiating the throw and 2% from probe damage. As of 1.06 the probe will always interrupt an unteched throw. It's 5% guaranteed damage with the probe if the throw makes contact but the buff weakened his throw. RIP :(

we are gathered here today to pay our respects to the great probe throw. probe throw was not just a good tool but a good friend. you will be dearly missed my friend but you had to die so that Bane could be top tier

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I'll take probe-throw being gone because after playing a little bit on the new patch I really like the probe buff. Mb probe is so good now that it juggles how it does. If you get it off and they try and hit you up close for a better trade you can combo them on wakeup lolol.