What's new

Lex Luthor 1.06 Patch Notes

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
I GOT IT FIRST HAHAHAHAHA *ahem* Last time I was really into the game, Lex was the flavor-of-the-month character and it SEEMED like there were going to be a lot more Lex players. I don't know if that really came to fruition, but whether there's still 5 players or 50 now, I'm curious to hear what other Lex players think of the patch notes for him.

· The Lex Probes will now always put the victim in hit stun when hitting inside of a combo.

This actually seems pretty cool. Sounds like a good way to extend juggle combos OR give you more time to charge trait. I can't tell you how many times I'd me combo-ing someone and have a probe hit. I like dis :D

· Charging the Lance Blasts will now result in significantly increased damage when they connect with the opponent.

HOW SIGNIFICANT? WHAT KIND OF PATCH NOTES ARE THESE???? (But yeah, it's already been discussed. Trait-up and charge it after a corner knockdown? Sex)

· Overall hit box adjustments to make combos more consistent.

Sweet?

· ShadowBeatz is awesome

Going from cool to awesome will help

· Aquaman can no longer use his Water of Life character power to escape Lex’s super move after it connects.

Lex now 9-1's Aquaman

After all this, I don't think he moved anywhere honestly. Still upper-mid. Didn't get nerfed hard, and didn't really get any uber-buffs (although the probe-juggle-trait-up thing could help). I don't know. What's up?

Galactic Geek

Losing is learning; winning is succeeding.
I'm curious because in the preview notes they said that his lance blast would do more damage and when charged would do significantly more damage. Then the official patch notes ONLY mention the charged version - so do we still have the damage buff on the regular lance blast or not?

Malec

Noob
cant remember the last time i posted on tym or cared about the game, i heard that the patch is coming and i have to say i am disappointed as fuck.

ShadowBeatz

I'm curious because in the preview notes they said that his lance blast would do more damage and when charged would do significantly more damage. Then the official patch notes ONLY mention the charged version - so do we still have the damage buff on the regular lance blast or not?

Hmmm, I don't know. I would hope so. 3% for a projectile with crazy long start up just doesn't make any sense

Im more worried about the deathstroke changes....

Is there really any way Lex can respond to that trait activation quickly enough at full screen?

esc1

95% of TYM discussion: "It's fine"
Not really excited about the changes that much. Needed a reduction in startup on the orbs or blast, more than the stun or extra damage.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
no charge, half charge, and full charge lance and uplance blasts is getting damage increase

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
they didnt address his problems. the buffs will do nothing or close to it. goodbye lex luthor.

I'm not really a Lex main, but I consider him my secondary even though I've been playing him the same way since I picked em up. I don't think this did too much to aid him aside from that probe and hitbox thing. Also, I wonder if KF will be able to parry Lex when his shield is charged up...

Jim that's cool, I'm happy to hear that all the lance charges will do more damage. Improved zoning, combo, & meaty setup options, I like it.

It's cool with me that he didn't get buffed much. I lurk in here a lot and see people finding new tech for him pretty frequently. I have my own tech too. Lex is a setups kind of character, and if you buff that kind of character even a little too much, you've made him too good. I'm fine with seeing how these few buffs help him out without giving him too much so early in the game's life. Just my thoughts anyway.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Jim that's cool, I'm happy to hear that all the lance charges will do more damage. Improved zoning, combo, & meaty setup options, I like it.

It's cool with me that he didn't get buffed much. I lurk in here a lot and see people finding new tech for him pretty frequently. I have my own tech too. Lex is a setups kind of character, and if you buff that kind of character even a little too much, you've made him too good. I'm fine with seeing how these few buffs help him out without giving him too much so early in the game's life. Just my thoughts anyway.
I agree. Lex has a lot of room to develop. Some characters can become really stupid when people don't explore them enough and are given reactionary buffs. It might play out that way with a couple others in this game.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
· The Lex Probes will now always put the victim in hit stun when hitting inside of a combo.

This actually seems pretty cool. Sounds like a good way to extend juggle combos OR give you more time to charge trait. I can't tell you how many times I'd me combo-ing someone and have a probe hit. I like dis :D

· Charging the Lance Blasts will now result in significantly increased damage when they connect with the opponent.

HOW SIGNIFICANT? WHAT KIND OF PATCH NOTES ARE THESE???? (But yeah, it's already been discussed. Trait-up and charge it after a corner knockdown? Sex)
I think they COULD alter his game more than we think. We don't use lance at all right now fullscreen (except in some situations) because we know we're going to lose every trade. The damage buff could actually change some matchups. But I want to see numbers too. I'm more excited about charged lance right though. His up close game might get swaggier.

I'm not sure what to think about the probe thing right now. I can think of situations where it could be good and bad.
Like:
- probe, f2, probe hit, maybe could juggle better and let vacuum hit without committing to it?
- probe, b13~mb vacuum, probe hit, maybe could mess up your b3?

I still want it clarified a little more

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I'm not really a Lex main, but I consider him my secondary even though I've been playing him the same way since I picked em up. I don't think this did too much to aid him aside from that probe and hitbox thing. Also, I wonder if KF will be able to parry Lex when his shield is charged up...
She already can. All parries beat Lex's trait

Lex does have room for development but it was possible to buff him more without breaking him. If his start ups on probe and mine were improved by like 3-6 frames, that would help him out without breaking him. I just feel that his start ups give the opponents way too much opportunity to interupt him. Even in activating trait, sometimes you'll get hit before you could get anything going.

Only time will tell how Lex fairs in this patch. And I guess it will depend on if more players actually learn the match up.

I'm hoping the hit box changes also means that 11 will hit crouching opponents.

ShadowBeatz

Lex does have room for development but it was possible to buff him more without breaking him. If his start ups on probe and mine were improved by like 3-6 frames, that would help him out without breaking him. I just feel that his start ups give the opponents way too much opportunity to interupt him. Even in activating trait, sometimes you'll get hit before you could get anything going.
Again, I can not disagree with this more. I think the start-up on all of his gadgets is just fine. If you try to just throw them out without any thought, then you get interrupted and punished, which you should. He's a set-up character that requires thought and strategy. You gotta pick your spots. I'd go through through 3 or 4 matches in a row without getting anything interrupted.

People don't realize how much of a beast Lex is when he gets his trait up and his toys out. If he could just get that going at will without working for it, he'd be dumb and boring.

I'm just happy lex finally got buffs period. The probe buff is gonna be the most interesting one to experiment with. If it allows you 50/50 mixups without having to commit to MB vacuum that's huge.

I agree that you shouldn't be able to throw out mines and probes for free, these things should require knockdowns to get out, but I wonder if the probes could've been altered so they could be used to counter zoning without making them too powerful. Lex will still have problems getting in on strong zoners. I was really hoping for a faster dash for this propose but no such luck. I guess if the lance buff is significant enough to actually WIN trades through damage that could help but I doubt they would make it that much better.

A lot of people we're saying 1-1 should hit mid but why? I don't think any standing 1 in the game hits mid why should lex be the exception? I know the move list says it hits mid but that should be a mistake in the list not the moves hitbox.

Hitbox fixes aren't really buffs, they just made them the way they're supposed to function on hit so in my eyes it's more of a glitch/bug fix.

The stuff he's been given...it's alright but nothing here helps his issues in so so many matchups (namely his dash and height making him very hard to approach people with like zoners)

Galactic Geek

Losing is learning; winning is succeeding.
uhfutzafooken said:
If it allows you 50/50 mixups without having to commit to MB vacuum, that's huge!
I hope this ends up being the case, because unlike other Lex players, I for some reason can't get the vacuum to MB on a regular basis (might be my controller, I don't know), so my combo options have been limited for the most part - if I can put up a probe, perform my combo, & then have it extended because of the hit stun into another combo, then I'll be a very happy Lex player.

CalDW19940 said:
Hitbox fixes aren't really buffs, they just made them the way they're supposed to function on hit so in my eyes it's more of a glitch/bug fix.
If something's broken & gets fixed, it works better so I would call that both a buff AND a fix. In any case, this can only be a good thing. I can't tell you how many times I've whiffed with his j3 when it should've hit (I'd actually see the animation of the axe pass through the opponent as if they were a ghost) - it's always disheartening when that happens... But no more!

rev0lver

Come On Die Young

The stuff he's been given...it's alright but nothing here helps his issues in so so many matchups (namely his dash and height making him very hard to approach people with like zoners)
I think it could be better than we think once we see numbers. Like, if lance does more than 6%, we can trade against a lot of things.

I hope this ends up being the case, because unlike other Lex players, I for some reason can't get the vacuum to MB on a regular basis (might be my controller, I don't know), so my combo options have been limited for the most part - if I can put up a probe, perform my combo, & then have it extended because of the hit stun into another combo, then I'll be a very happy Lex player.

If something's broken & gets fixed, it works better so I would call that both a buff AND a fix. In any case, this can only be a good thing. I can't tell you how many times I've whiffed with his j3 when it should've hit (I'd actually see the animation of the axe pass through the opponent as if they were a ghost) - it's always disheartening when that happens... But no more!
Oh don't get me wrong I'm really glad they finally fixed his chains so that characters who are simply too short or have weird hitstun animations don't get a free pass from his combos because they got hit. I'm just pointing out they should have worked this way day one on every character regardless.

I just wish that aside from fixing this issue they actually gave him a buff to help even out some of his incredibly tough MU's where he can't get in on people.

I think it could be better than we think once we see numbers. Like, if lance does more than 6%, we can trade against a lot of things.
I wouldn't mind if it was that significant but there is little point in buffing a move like the lance to do more damage if Lex gets little chance to actually hit anyone in the first place or not be able to follow up anything when he hit's them (unless he somehow managed to get a mine/orb out before using lance against someone like Sinestro.)

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
He wasnt buffed. Just fixed. It kinda sucks a little because I was hoping to be able to do a little something more against heavy zoners like Sinestro. Being able to toss out an orb in between fear blasts would have been nice. Or possibly a slightly quicker dash.