What's new

Level of Midway forums dwellers at recent MK games

Black Shroud

Formless Like Water
I just saw Tom_Brady bashing some skulls in "WE WANT TO PLAY YOU" thread on Midway forums, aka devs vs fanboys, aka (i guess) infinite creators vs infinite users.
I know that competitive level of Midway staff may be low, but what about situation with Midway forum players, is the situation so pathetic? Well judging from comments on their forums, 80% of auditory fall under rating "T for Teen perfectly" so ;D

Black Shroud

Formless Like Water
Oops, fixed. I took a quick look prev. time and it had similar construction, started with same letter, and was known to me from same sources as your nickname so I misread it I guess ;D
Now to think it was that guy that disappeared before finishing posting MKDA guide.
I might PM him to continue posting of it.
P.S.
Your avatar looks very dangerous

Tim Static

Adminerator
Black Shroud said:
Oops, fixed. I took a quick look prev. time and it had similar construction, started with same letter, and was known to me from same sources as your nickname so I misread it I guess ;D
Now to think it was that guy that disappeared before finishing posting MKDA guide.
I might PM him to continue posting of it.
P.S.
Your avatar looks very dangerous
Its cool.

For reasons I dont even understand, I've been intimiated on UMK DS and PS3 MKII. lol

Black Shroud

Formless Like Water
Copy of my post from Midway forums

Torpian said:
Your level of playing makes up a small percentage of gamers. You are considered 'hardcore' gamers. Adding someone like yourself or Check to the play testers could only result in a game coming out with more difficult moves to execute than those that already exist in the Kombo Challenge. I have no doubt at all that this would suit you and Check and many other hardcore gamers.

The problem I have is that you guys only make up around 5% of all people playing this game. If you dont believe me, randomly inspect people's trophy collections and find out how many people have finished the kombo challenges. One of the biggest gripes I heard about this game when it came out was that the kombo challenges were too hard - and this was from people who play a lot of fighting games. Check IS the Combo King. If you guys were able to persuade the developers to relax the timings on these combos or make them more accessible to the average gamer, then I'd be more than supportive of it.
aka "Your level of playing makes up a small percentage of gamers. You are considered 'hardcore' gamers, and you can find all bugs and infinites in matter of days after an MK game ships. Adding someone like yourself or Check to the play testers could only result in a game coming out without large number of our beloved bugs and infinites found in all recent MK games due to laziness of current Midway testers. I have no doubt at all that this would suit you and Check and many other hardcore gamers.

The problem I have is that you guys only make up around 5% of all people playing this game. Other actually enjoy bugs and crap and hate competitive gaming since they play for fun. If you dont believe me, randomly play some players and find out how many people use infinites now. One of the biggest gripes I heard about MK games when it came out was that the infinite combos were too hard - and this was from people who play a lot of fighting games. Check IS the Combo King. If you guys were able to persuade the developers to relax the timings on these infinites or make them more accessible to the average gamer (like Superman's infinite for example), then I'd be more than supportive of it."