What's new

Level 1 vs level 20 changes damage

Toodrunk2combo

Sub and kotal FTW
Just something I've noticed and haven't seen People talking about. We all try to post about combos and what damage they get. I've been playing around with settings and noticing in practice mode that level affects damage, not just gear. Example, a bnb I use with gear less batman does 500+ without level handicap on. With level handicap on and both characters at lvl 20 the same combo barely gets 360. If this has been brought up and I couldn't find it, feel free to simply ignore this hastily written post.

Toodrunk2combo

Sub and kotal FTW
That's why we all want combo's and their damage only listed when Competitive mode is turned on, which equalizes levels and turns off gear.
I get that. It just took me by surprise how much of a difference it made. Suddenly taking half a life bar for one meter isn't happening

Ben Reed

Marine Biologist
I'm still really confused by how to get "real" numbers out of training mode.

I turned Competitive Mode and Level Handicap on, made sure both characters had loadouts with absolutely nothing equipped but default equipment, and I'm still getting different damage values on different characters. (For example, Aquaman's d1 does a little more than 2.00 extra damage against Harley than against Aquaman with absolutely no gear on either party. Is that supposed to happen or am I missing something?)

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm still really confused by how to get "real" numbers out of training mode.

I turned Competitive Mode and Level Handicap on, made sure both characters had loadouts with absolutely nothing equipped but default equipment, and I'm still getting different damage values on different characters. (For example, Aquaman's d1 does a little more than 2.00 extra damage against Harley than against Aquaman with absolutely no gear on either party. Is that supposed to happen or am I missing something?)
Because different characters have different base stats. I believe we've determined Superman to be the default test dummy.

Ben Reed

Marine Biologist
Oh okay, so characters have defense multipliers in addition to different health pools. I get it now. *sigh* Now I gotta re-record all my combo damage on Superman, I guess.