What's new

Let's Talk

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
I don't play at high level so I don't agree the game entirely sucks but I see where the criticisms come from, and as I improved over the last few months I've come to understand some of this games limitations.

I think you bring up some good points.

Hebrew Negro

KingofBosz97 XBL
I appreciate your video and opinion. I even agree with a lot of what with you said, but you were kind of contradictory and over-exaggerating stuff.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I'm not sure if this is the reason the game isn't being represented at EVO...
It is not. Fighting game companies pay Mr. Wizard money for their games to be included and NRS refused to pay up because they believe that they do not need EVO for anything. Some individuals in this community ignore this fact, either intentionally or unintentionally, in order to pursue their own agenda about how much the game sucks. This thread is a perfect example.

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
I don't usually agree with everything you say but I agree with most points in your video.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
LaCkS tRaDiTioNaL NeuTraL aNd FoOtSiE-BaSeD GaMePlay

"Just a basic super-beginner friendly combo with scorpion"
Drops combo twice in a row, does another and drops that one 2x in a row

Says the game is too beginner-friendly, then complains that the fact that flawless block drastically changes some MU's is too unfriendly to beginners

Literally complains that he can't grind the game because the breaker/breakaway mechanic robs him of victory and gives his opponents a second chance

Speechless.

Last edited:

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Good work, Volk.

This community makes me want to eat my own head.

This game deserved to be left off EVO.
That's how much of a chasm there is between what it is, and what it could still be.
With any luck, this will be the proper fire under the ass that leads things in an improved direction, that leads to a game and scene that people are actually excited to be a part of, rather than one that simply just isn't bad enough to drive them away.

But hey, I've only been saying for a whole year now like bunches of other people that this painfully obvious "something is big wrong" moment was going to come.

Of course the fucking Top 8's are exciting
DARTS is fucking exciting when you watch the best players in the world do it
Have you ever WATCHED a darts final?
IT'S INSANE

Anyway
Maybe MK11 won't be boring anymore
Maybe they'll give up after the last 3 DLC and give us UMK9 for Christmas so they can move on to whatever they're doing next
But at least now there's tangible and undeniable proof of what I and entire dividends of players have been saying since the moment they balked on the custom combat: that this was all going to go way, WAY south before the end.

The game isn't dead, though.
That's just absurd.
Nooooooo, MK11 is far from dead, for now.
Still got COMBO BREAKER. And CEO.
Plenty of shows yet to come.
And, SPAWN.
Plenty of time to bend the short attention span of the masses and get out of the goo.

As a shang player i hate you, scorpion completely shuts shang down so hard its not even funny. Also as a shang player i completely agree with your video. Its a damn uphill battle and i feel like im playing a completely different game than the rest of the cast. My staggers are shit, my actual damage is pretty shit unless rare occasions, my cbs are shit, my fatal blow is abyssmal, my arms are t rex arms with no poke reach, half the time i out of range for any melee when i should have a free d4, every damn string i have thats used for any damage is gapped to hell and flawless blocked by everyone. Its insane how unfair this bs feels sometimes.

It is not. Fighting game companies pay Mr. Wizard money for their games to be included and NRS refused to pay up because they believe that they do not need EVO for anything. Some individuals in this community ignore this fact, either intentionally or unintentionally, in order to pursue their own agenda about how much the game sucks. This thread is a perfect example.
Bullshit. You are making this up without having actual info. You can't be sure that NRS had the opportunity to pay for MK11 to be at evo and declined "because they believed they don't need evo for anything".

The only one with agenda is you. People are simply stating how MK11's exclusion from EVO is justified, because the game sucks.

Seriously, how hard is for the white knights like you and crimson to accept the fact that the community does not like this game and you guys are in the minority?

Nevan_PTF

All your mains belong to me!
And why don't you let us enjoy the game? Why can't, active haters of MK11, just accept that there are people who really like this game?

What there is to gain by being negative for you? You're spending your time to post about a game you don't like and keep on bashing it? Isn't there anything else you would rather do that makes you happy? Or being a hater is what makes you happy?

"This" has become obnoxious already, the game won't be at EVO, some people are happy it isn't, others aren't and let's move on.

If you don't like the game, your'e entitled to that opinion, just don't ruin the rest for everyone that likes the game. The game won't change just because people don't like it.

Here you have an example, Cherny is an active speaker about the game being bad, keeps creating threads to complain and bitch about the game, and yet he still plays it. He participated in the Kombat Cup! I get that he is passionate, but at least he could bother to be "positive" passionate about the game, since he keeps playing it.

Oh and btw, you don't represent the whole community nor is that the sentiment. You are, indeed, part of the "I don't like MK11" community. Bitch, please.

The majority don't like MK11. Are you gonna deny that?

People want to speak their minds my man, If you like the game good for you and everyone else who does, I don't get why the 'haters' don't let you enjoy it.

The whole point of what you call 'hating', is to deliver the message that there are big problems with this game. Now that MK11 didn't make it to EVO, it's an opportunity we all accept it -instead of making up stories-, and let NRS know what we (the majority) don't like, because contrary to what you said, the game can still change to something good an fun.

Nevan_PTF

All your mains belong to me!
Yeah I am, cause if the majority didn't like the game there would be less and less competitive action and you have tons!

https://smash.gg/tournament/kombat-cup-road-to-lcq/events - 354 attendees fought for a chance to go for the LCQ! Finals are next month.

More tournaments, CB, CEO, on the way as well, so I really don't think "you" are the majority, in TYM you might be right, but if TYM represented the whole MK/NRS community we would be all doomed.

The whole point of what you call 'hating', is to deliver the message that there are big problems with this game. Now that MK11 didn't make it to EVO, it's an opportunity we all accept it -instead of making up stories-, and let NRS know what we (the majority) don't like, because contrary to what you said, the game can still change to something good an fun.
If this is really your sentiment then you should let the game grow, let it mature, not delivering negative feedback with no quarter. MK11 is 1 year old, NRS stated that they want to support this game for a long time, breaking the current MK -> Injustice xN game cycle. We have patches being applied to the game, it's on the right track, just let it "travel" my guy.

Last edited:
Well, let's see how NRS will react to this. Personally I believe they are in shock, (because unlike what some people are trying to convince others, evo is a big deal) and some drastic changes are coming to MK11.

Or maybe they'll just abandon the game, wouldn't be surprised.

Wigy

There it is...
LaCkS tRaDiTioNaL NeuTraL aNd FoOtSiE-BaSeD GaMePlay

"Just a basic super-beginner friendly combo with scorpion"
Drops combo twice in a row, does another and drops that one 2x in a row

Says the game is too beginner-friendly, then complains that the fact that flawless block drastically changes some MU's is too unfriendly to beginners

Literally complains that he can't grind the game because the breaker/breakaway mechanic robs him of victory and gives his opponents a second chance

Speechless.
Was that video meant to be neutral and footsies.

It impresses me so much that some people can't split their passion for the franchise and criticism towards the game.
Man, MK is my favorite franchise of all time, and MK11 is so gorgeous looking and so amazing in so many aspects. The art team deserve to be rich forever just because of the costumes and backgrounds of this game....I mean, it is beautiful.
Best Fatalities ever, amazing brutals, a decent history.....but man, what is preventing you sirs to criticize something you care about?
I really feel that a big portion of people defending MK11 competitively are doing this just for passion. Is like politics nowadays, religion.
I understand that, but, please look at the facts. Facts matter. Cherny addressed well the problems of the game and you may like him or not, this video is spot on.