What's new

Let's See If Your Corpse Bloats: The Corner Vortex/Reset

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
IMPORTANT: I need to preface this comment with the following: I am not being a dick. I am legitimately asking.

What exactly is new here?

REO pointed out a lot of this stuff in the first week of Manta's release, and as far as I know this stuff has been pretty standard for Manta players without meter.

Am I missing the tech here? I am pretty out of the loop. Maybe a video (as @IrishMantis suggested) would help.
Can you show me where REO pointed this out? I've never seen him talk about this.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
I also use this tech already. someone talked about it in the discussion thread some time ago if I remember right but whatever, it's nice that someone goes more in depth with this and it's actually really useful

Chernyy Volk

I also use this tech already. someone talked about it in the discussion thread some time ago if I remember right but whatever, it's nice that someone goes more in depth with this and it's actually really useful
I'm just trying to get all this actually out in the open. The fact I would've had to search for it in a discussion thread is really bad.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
Can you show me where REO pointed this out? I've never seen him talk about this.
REO illustrated a plethora of restand options in one of his early Manta streams. He even discusses them to a degree in some of his Manta tech videos.

Again, I hope you aren't taking this as me discrediting you in any way.
I applaud anyone for sharing information, whether its known or not.

I'm just trying to wrap my brain around it, since I've been away from the game for over a month, and only have interest in play Manta.

Chernyy Volk

REO illustrated a plethora of restand options in one of his early Manta streams. He even discusses them to a degree in some of his Manta tech videos.

Again, I hope you aren't taking this as me discrediting you in any way.
I applaud anyone for sharing information, whether its known or not.

I'm just trying to wrap my brain around it, since I've been away from the game for over a month, and only have interest in play Manta.
But could you give me videos and time stamps? Going over tech in a stream doesn't count, that shit is likely to go unnoticed.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
At the same time isn't looking for a video kind of lazy? It isn't hard to verify this shit yourself.
I check TYM at work on lunch breaks when I can't play the game and need my fix. I think a lot of people are like that. I don't think he was trying to rude. Videos aid people who may not know what the character inputs are/ buttons look like. I think we all appreciate you adding to the convo though.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
Not sure where you are getting that from or what you mean by locked out but it works.

You can even start off with a JI2~torpedo
Man how the fk are you getting the j2 after the b22 to combo? I do b22x4 and hold forward 2 and it either whiffs or doesn't combo???? Tried it for a solid 30mins and probably got the j2 to combo like four times, seems super inconsistent or is there something I'm just doing wrong????

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Man how the fk are you getting the j2 after the b22 to combo? I do b22x4 and hold forward 2 and it either whiffs or doesn't combo???? Tried it for a solid 30mins and probably got the j2 to combo like four times, seems super inconsistent or is there something I'm just doing wrong????
There's a magic to it, you have to hold forward and let him fall for a frame or two. It's much tougher on smaller characters, put Brainiac or Hellboy as the dummy to work on the timing. It's tough but not so much that I think it's unusable, though I'd shy away from it on the smaller characters.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
There's a magic to it, you have to hold forward and let him fall for a frame or two. It's much tougher on smaller characters, put Brainiac or Hellboy as the dummy to work on the timing. It's tough but not so much that I think it's unusable, though I'd shy away from it on the smaller characters.
And I noticed you had the trait button as one of the triggers, do you find it easier?

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
And I noticed you had the trait button as one of the triggers, do you find it easier?
I never actually tried it with the regular button so I really can't say but I wouldn't think it would make much of a difference. I have that setup like that for Brainiac who is dramatically easier to play with trait on a shoulder button.