What's new

Lets Git Gud

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
When I first started visiting this forum it was a place to become a better player. Thats not really the case anymore, and its caused some unrest. Instead of complaining, Id like to make a positive step forward. Id like to be one of the members that can guide and help players that wish to improve.

I plan on both attending and hosting locals in my area, as well as traveling to compete in regionals and majors for MK11.

With the net code being as great as it is, online training is now both viable and the wave that has brought us many top players.

With that said, if you wish to “git gud,” lets post here. Leave your gamertags, your area, hell PM me if you want to train. I would rather have 2-3 dedicated and improving people to play than to trust Ranked giving me worthwhile opponents.

Lets Make TYM Great Again. /s

Edit:
PS4:
DrYukinariOhkido

Started investing time in 2012 with MK9 and got pretty broken in to the scene through TYM as it had already became a wealth of knowledge for that game. Tried my hand at Tekken and Injustice through 2015 but never found my groove, then attended my first major for MKX in 2016, Fell off in 2017 when I had my first child, and now back at this again with the resourses to travel and lab at my side. I hope to find players interested in labbing and improving, finding stupid broken tech, grinding matchups, and competing regularly.

If you want to play at the highest level, we can. Perfect Practice makes perfect. Maybe one of us will be the next gay furry to mix your shit.

Last edited:

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Abso-fucking-lutely! BUT we have a big ass hump to get over with the current debacle that even got people contemplating wanting to play. I mean, im still down regardless when that time comes :)

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
I think it would also be helpful to get an idea of where everyone is at skillwise. Maybe a day/night one tournament for those who could enter online? Or possibly a KoTH. Something to see what level of play to expect from everyone.

Id be willing to set everything up and host if theres interest. At the very least, maybe rate your skill level yourself in your post, what your goals are, and where youd wanna improve.

Halfnha1f

Learn From This
I want to git good at MK11. I'll be taking Lao and Liu to the lab day one. I'll mostly be on ps4 but i"ll hop on xbox when someone wants to practice. Feel free to add me anyone.

PSN: Mk_Half
XBOX: HalfnHa1f

Central U.S Northwest Indiana/Chicago area for those that are local

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I think it would also be helpful to get an idea of where everyone is at skillwise. Maybe a day/night one tournament for those who could enter online? Or possibly a KoTH. Something to see what level of play to expect from everyone.

Id be willing to set everything up and host if theres interest. At the very least, maybe rate your skill level yourself in your post, what your goals are, and where youd wanna improve.
Would this be on PS4 or Xbox? If it's on Playstation I'm definitely interested and it's a good idea.

D

Deleted member 59910

Apollo-Rezk ps4
I don't play that well, but I'm totally in about being a punch bag helping you guys to improve.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
This wouldn't happen to be EST would it? Lmao If this is PS4 I'm down. I've never had any actual formal training in MK but I'm interested in pursuing the locals in GA and any growth I can utilizing NRS's amazing netcode.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
This wouldn't happen to be EST would it? Lmao If this is PS4 I'm down. I've never had any actual formal training in MK but I'm interested in pursuing the locals in GA and any growth I can utilizing NRS's amazing netcode.
I can work with pretty much any time zone, Ive got this month off because my lovely employer decided that was the solution to my current HR nightmare, and when I do go back I only work 4 days a week.

Im in TN, but were central time here, only an hour difference I think?

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
I can work with pretty much any time zone, Ive got this month off because my lovely employer decided that was the solution to my current HR nightmare, and when I do go back I only work 4 days a week.

Im in TN, but were central time here, only an hour difference I think?
Yeah It's only about an hour. I have some family up in Tennessee actually. Pretty neat to see a FG enthusiast from there too. Anyway.

On launch I am absolutely down to getting whomped on. I learn better under pressure so getting my shit tossed around and getting pointers/advice is how I roll. It's how I got mediocre at Melee (What a grueling ordeal that was, and I wound up putting the game down because... Geeze. They're serious with that stuff)

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
So, anyone interested in participating in a friendly tournament please give this post a like so I can get an idea of numbers. Standard double elimination would be the idea, first to 3. Possibly a KoTH going for downtime.

As far as day and time, feedback on whats generally best for everyone would be appreciated too. Adjusting for timezones shouldnt be a huge issue.