What's new

Let's Explore This Terror Together: Scarecrow General Discussion

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
What do I do to avoid his trait? It's unfair as hell but I just wanna know if there's a way around it.
Don’t let him randomly activate it mid screen if you have a projectile.
Punish it, the recovery is long enough for an easy punish.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Trait activation is about half startup half recovery. Catch him during the startup and he doesn't get trait. Hit him out of recovery and the trait keep starts anyway
You can hit SC in the recovery or hit him(on a read mostly).Evens out the chip or gives you a minor health advantage.Don’t let them get free trait activations mid screen!

I finally picked up a real secondary to cover bad matches and that is Atom. I think he deals with a lot of Scarecrows problem areas quite well.

What do you guys think?

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
So I am a brainiac main and was going against a scarecrow and it was one of the most annoying things I have faced in this game.
Literally all he would do is teleport and armor b3. If it wasnt that he was sitting back and fishing for me to leap or use a forward advancing move to get in so he could armor b3 me. I beat him but I just want to know is this how all scarecrow players play atleast on xbox? I dont see SC players often but when I do they all play the same.

Against Brainiac Scarecrow can turtle a bit or MB b3 his jumps. It's an easy strategy if the Brainiac doesn't have a solid enough offense or setup with trait.

Others would be more methodical and eventually corner Brainiac then promptly destroy his health bar in the corner.

Though since you're looking in what I assume is ranked or endless matches Scarecrow players, like 99% of who you'll be facing all play the same.

SixPathsOfHate

Against Brainiac Scarecrow can turtle a bit or MB b3 his jumps. It's an easy strategy if the Brainiac doesn't have a solid enough offense or setup with trait.

Others would be more methodical and eventually corner Brainiac then promptly destroy his health bar in the corner.

Though since you're looking in what I assume is ranked or endless matches Scarecrow players, like 99% of who you'll be facing all play the same.
Yikes.
This match up feels like fighting an uphill battle.

His forward advancing strings are faster than mine at a somewhat longer range and more cover far more area than mine. I have seen scarecrows throw raw f3's when I leap in and already behind him and it has hooked me to the front of him.

He also seems to always have first hit advantages.

I need some matches with good scarecrows on xbox so I can properly learn this match up. No one likes to go more than 10 matches win or lose.

SixPathsOfHate

seems like once brainiac corners scarecrow he'd be in trouble tho.
Most scarecrows I face wake up and I already have to burn a bar to continue the combo. (Still cant do the meterless corner combo consistently...)
I can try the reverse wake up setup but that only works once before they start delaying their wakeup usually. I just need to find a consistent way of keeping him locked down.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
just beta bomb them after a hard knockdown, they legit cannot wake up without eating another combo ^

i know its fun to do all the tricky crossup stuff that brainiac has but never forget that his basic stuff is pretty effective.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
So from what I've seen of Crow, a big problem for many was finding the right ender to ensure that you can at least continue the pressure on some characters; his command grab leaves them too far for much other than f2 to connect, and his splat knockdowns aren't the best. So as I was trying to figure out how to fix this, I stumbled upon his bf1 chain grab.

Mainly, you can't tech roll it and they get pulled back toward Crow. This alone provides him with much better oki options, some of which can be pretty suffocating to some characters with weaker options for getting up.

The cool thing is it works off of both Spin Cycle and Fear-Ferno starters

But, of course, d2 can sometimes be prey to delayed getup (not too many characters, but some) as well as not quite catch all options. Luckily, f2 manages to cover a lot of ground where d2 doesn't.

This of course is not foolproof; every character can delay their wakeup attack a certain amount to fudge the timing of any meaty attacks, and obviously delayed getup is a thing too. But the idea is to put the idea (the FEARRRRRRR) into the opponent that they will have to get tricky on their getup in order to beat out these almost guaranteed options. This sequence can more or less loop with a hit-confirm or be block-confirmed into MB Reppuken, so it can be pretty stifling if you get a full sequence going on characters with less than stellar getup options.

So I got interested in Crow lately. A lot of his gear reminds me of the Sandman (my favorite comic book character). I even picked some gear for him to look like Dreams helm and cloth.
But nevertheless here is corner combo I came up with for 2 bars and a Traumatize :

It does 712 damage on Supergirl (who doesn't have 1500, she has 1450, but also takes a bit less damage than Superman or Aquaman), I was doing it on her to check if it connects on females. The funny thing is that after the combo is over the ticking from db3 gas blast still hits like 1 or 2 times , and of course the trait is ticking after as well because Crow is still near.

Even more damage into a restand for 2 bars and Traumatize ( I am cheating here a bit by hitting the dummy with db3's before combo so I can get extra DoT)

1 bar 677.11 damage off mb f3. I am doing it from the mb roll animation because you can use it ( gas) to conceal the start up of the f3 so it is kind of harder to see. I didn't time it correctly so it is a bit obvious in my video, but I didn't mean to make it the point of the video. But you can actually do mb f3 earlier so it starts up inside the gas animation and makes several first start up frames invisible.