What's new

Let's Explore This Terror Together: Scarecrow General Discussion

Here is the place where we shall be discussing Johnathan Crane related activities.

This includes but is not limited to gameplay information, Robert Englund's voice, tech and combos as well as real world fears such as setting the alarm for 6 on your iPhone but not realizing you put PM instead of AM as you sleep comfortably and restfully as you don't hear the alarm to wake you up, not realizing the horror that is taking place...

New OP by Rickyraws

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I know everyone already guessed it, but this pretty much confirms that one dude wearing the white suite in that SA trailer is Crane, as he is a part of the Society.

It also confirms he is gassing everyone.

During his close ups when he talks, the screen shakes/vibrates with a similar effect that was in Batman Begins when people were infected with the fear gas.

Someone left a comment on my YT Channel that made me think. I'll paste it below.

Gage Unruh:

actually we don't have any info on if he is the avatar of rot or not, but in his intro with fate we see he has his toxin around him so it could just be he looks like this because his opponent is seeing him like this while under the toxin, while in the real world he is still human, but I am excited to see how scarecrow comes back to life.

Which, if true ties back to what @Rathalos said. We don't 100% know that Scarecrow is in the Parliament of the Black. Maybe he was brought back to life another way and the vision of him we see is a Fear Toxin induced one.

Or maybe he's undead and can change his appearance.

There needs to be a trailer or a breakdown video soon, I have too many questions and not enough answers.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Someone left a comment on my YT Channel that made me think. I'll paste it below.

Gage Unruh:

actually we don't have any info on if he is the avatar of rot or not, but in his intro with fate we see he has his toxin around him so it could just be he looks like this because his opponent is seeing him like this while under the toxin, while in the real world he is still human, but I am excited to see how scarecrow comes back to life.

Which, if true ties back to what @Rathalos said. We don't 100% know that Scarecrow is in the Parliament of the Black. Maybe he was brought back to life another way and the vision of him we see is a Fear Toxin induced one.

There needs to be a trailer or a breakdown video soon, I have too many questions and not enough answers.
That's the weird thing. When the mobile leaks first showed him, I assumed it was just the fear toxin that made him look like that, then someone posted up a screenshot from his profile in the game saying he was the avatar of the rot.

But since then, I've gone back to search for it but can't find it anywhere.

So I have no idea. It seems strange that he would join the society if he is this powerful, undead avatar of the rot, but we'll see.

Really hoping we get a WatchTower breakdown or trailer for him next week

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You

Gage Unruh:

Everything describing him has been super vague. If you look at his description on the Injustice site you can see that they basically just say "He's a villain who likes to spook people" without and details on him being dead or coming back from the dead. I think they're leaving it a surprise.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
This is a potential main for me for sure. So many characters are looking *SO* good in this game though its going to be next to impossible to make an actual decision.. But that hook/chain thing he has looks like it might have some Takeda space control stuff going on possibly, and the crazy mechanics possible with his fear toxin and such.. depending on how they handle it, he could be absolutely be a super unique and amazing character.

On looks alone though, he is going to be hard not to main.

masherofbuttons

I'll mash out of +30 I know no fear
Everything describing him has been super vague. If you look at his description on the Injustice site you can see that they basically just say "He's a villain who likes to spook people" without and details on him being dead or coming back from the dead. I think they're leaving it a surprise.
If I remember correctly, he also returned in the injustice comics. Appearing as one of the escapees after plastic man broke them out. Didn't say a word or even did anything for that matter but he was there.